PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Cable

Coach
10-23-2008, 07:15 PM
I'm looking for a special 1/4" guitar cable that can either connect two guitar cables or extend one. So simply put a cable with both female and male ends. Or something that can allow me to connect them. Can you guys help me?

Daradon
10-24-2008, 05:33 AM
I'm looking for a special 1/4" guitar cable that can either connect two guitar cables or extend one. So simply put a cable with both female and male ends. Or something that can allow me to connect them. Can you guys help me?

Guitar World? Axe? Long and McQuiad?(sp)

rbochan
10-24-2008, 06:33 AM
Bulk cable, ends, and soldering iron. It's not at all difficult. If you want to get fancy, get some shrink tubing.

Coach
10-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Bulk cable, ends, and soldering iron. It's not at all difficult. If you want to get fancy, get some shrink tubing.
getting a sodering iron is probably more expensive then buying the piece. The guy at guitar works told me I could get one at the source. Thanks for the help guys

troutman
10-24-2008, 03:22 PM
You play electric? Judas!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_Dylan_Controversy

Traditional_Ale
10-24-2008, 03:24 PM
1/4' Female to 1/4' Female adaptor.

Available at Long & McQuade for under 10 bucks.

Matata
10-24-2008, 03:42 PM
fyi, the more cable/pedals/adaptors you have between the guitar and amp, the lower the quality of the original signal becomes.

I bought a couple $60 15' monster cable since I was sick of constantly replacing lower quality cables and I was shocked at the improvement in sound quality.

Traditional_Ale
10-24-2008, 03:45 PM
fyi, the more cable/pedals/adaptors you have between the guitar and amp, the lower the quality of the original signal becomes.

I bought a couple $60 15' monster cable since I was sick of constantly replacing lower quality cables and I was shocked at the improvement in sound quality.

+1 for the Monster Cables, or also the Planet Waves cables. It really is a world of difference.

Cable run from guitar to amp should be no longer than 15' all-together including all the cables. If you need longer, go wireless.

Hanna Sniper
10-24-2008, 03:52 PM
Cable run from guitar to amp should be no longer than 15' all-together including all the cables. If you need longer, go wireless.Not true, if you fear a cable run is going to have much effect on the tone of your guitar then thats the exact reason buffers and kine drivers were created.