PDA

View Full Version : Hawks prospects honoured at WJC

Pointman
01-04-2005, 10:25 PM
Hawks players Alexander Ovechkin and Marek Schwarz were named WJC best forward and best goaltender respectively.

looooob
01-05-2005, 10:08 AM
Sabres are asking themselves why they dealt Schwarz, but that's for another day

Petr Vrana was the best of the Sabres prospects, but clearly the GMs in CHI and LA must be pretty proud today

Pointman
01-05-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by looooob@Jan 5 2005, 10:08 AM
Petr Vrana was the best of the Sabres prospects, but clearly the GMs in CHI and LA must be pretty proud today
In fact, current CHI GM has nothing to do with neither Ovechkin nor Schwarz. I can only be proud about Khudobin, who is good UFA pick up despite weak game in final.

Rumour had it, Schwarz was offered for Carter some ago but the offer was rejected.

Sylvanfan
01-05-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Pointman+Jan 5 2005, 09:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pointman @ Jan 5 2005, 09:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-looooob@Jan 5 2005, 10:08 AM
In fact, current CHI GM has nothing to do with neither Ovechkin nor Schwarz. I can only be proud about Khudobin, who is good UFA pick up despite weak game in final.

Rumour had it, Schwarz was offered for Carter some ago but the offer was rejected. [/b][/quote]
Well that wasn't to this Oiler GM, but the answer would still be no. Carter's time line to becoming an effective CPHL player appears to be much shorter than Schwartz's is. It's not like tourney allstar Carter and his 7 goals were ineffective in the tourney either.

MJK
01-05-2005, 02:35 PM
Rumour had it, Schwarz was offered for Carter some ago but the offer was rejected

I'd reject that too.

Pointman
01-05-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Sylvanfan+Jan 5 2005, 02:34 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sylvanfan @ Jan 5 2005, 02:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Pointman@Jan 5 2005, 09:10 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-looooob@Jan 5 2005, 10:08 AM

Rumour had it, Schwarz was offered for Carter some ago but the offer was rejected.
Well that wasn't to this Oiler GM, but the answer would still be no. Carter's time line to becoming an effective CPHL player appears to be much shorter than Schwartz's is. It's not like tourney allstar Carter and his 7 goals were ineffective in the tourney either. [/b][/quote]
I didn't get both you and Dave. Where did I say that Schwarz >>> Carter?