PDA

View Full Version : Warning regarding signing ECHL guys

Sylvanfan
12-31-2004, 06:01 PM
I tried to sign Milan Michalek to an AHL contract today using the sign ECHL player option on our roster page. It asks you to select the player than enter the players height and weight in feet inches and pounds. I did all this, and than received emails from the league calling me questioning me if I really wanted to release this player. I just went to my roster page and tried it again, and the same questions were asked, but I didn't follow it all the way through this time. Last I knew all drafted players were subject to the leagues entry level contract system, and I even re-read the rules this morning to double check it and nothing suggested I had to go directly to the agent to do a contract. Thankfully the league has double checked with me before following through with this action, but it easily could have been overlooked. So beware if you try to sign an ECHL'er you might just be releasing that player!!

Fire
12-31-2004, 07:05 PM
Sorry this was my fault. When I added the "Are you sure" page for echl signing stuff I accidently had directed it to a release cgi.

For anyone else who tried to sign an ECHL player over the last 3 weeks check to amke sure he is still on your roster.

Beerfund
12-31-2004, 07:42 PM
yup, this happened to me. Please put Alexander Ovechkin back on the Habs roster.
Thanks ;)

liamenator
01-01-2005, 05:34 PM
Uh oh... I tried to sign 2 players the other day to bring me back up to the AHL forward minimum... They arn't on my roster anymore... and here's the problem:
I dont remember who they were.

I'll see if i can track them down.

JiriHrdina
01-01-2005, 06:13 PM
Liam, according to the transaction page from 12/31 you released a couple of players:

Pierre Hedin (D)
Komarniski, Zenith (D)
Kukumberg, Roman (RW)

Might those be the players in questoin?

liamenator
01-02-2005, 12:51 AM
Yeah.. I released Hedin and Komarnisky
Kukumberg was the player I was attempting to sign... I thought I signed 2 but apparantley I was mistaken!

Thanks.

Sylvanfan
01-02-2005, 10:06 AM
I was told yesterday that this has been corrected. I just tried it again, so I'll wait to see what happens.