Peter Vandermeer
J.D. Watt
Mike Hamilton (PTO)
Troy Ofukany (ATO)
Jeff Pierce (ATO)
Justin Bowers (ATO)

Drunk Skunk
09-27-2008, 01:48 PM
Both Peoria and Iowa have long nights ahead of them this coming week.

I think Justin Bowers may be the dark horse of the group.

Phanuthier
09-27-2008, 01:55 PM
So who do you QCers think will be the top 6 fwd / top 4 D?

PIMking
09-27-2008, 04:56 PM
So who do you QCers think will be the top 6 fwd / top 4 D?

Fowards.

Greentree
Ryder
Germyn
Armstrong
I think Sutter will be there this year
Chucko ( I could see the confidance from the end of last year coming to form)

Defence

Pardy (if he doesnt stick)

Pelech ( same as above)

Palin (not the vice president nomination)

Baldwin

I dont know much about Spang

Cole

PIMking
09-27-2008, 04:57 PM
Both Peoria and Iowa have long nights ahead of them this coming week.

I think Justin Bowers may be the dark horse of the group.

I cant wait until thursday!!!!

I will be taking Photos Hopefully I can get tuesday off so I can go down to camp

Hey, is camp at the sports centre or the Imark?

Reggie Dunlop
09-27-2008, 06:18 PM
There was a mention in a Calgary Sun article that Brad Cole is being considered for team captain.

dobbles
09-27-2008, 06:21 PM
I cant wait until thursday!!!!

I will be taking Photos Hopefully I can get tuesday off so I can go down to camp

Hey, is camp at the sports centre or the Imark?

looks like the iwC...

The Flames begin training camp on Monday, September 29th at the i wireless Center. The first practice of the season begins at 11:00 a.m. Practice will begin at 10:00 a.m. for the remainder of the camp with all sessions taking place at the i wireless Center.

i do realize they cancelled the monday session, but thats the original info from the website.

for those that went last year, can you just go in and go watch?

dobbles
09-27-2008, 06:21 PM
There was a mention in a Calgary Sun article that Brad Cole is being considered for team captain.

interesting. i wonder why they wouldn't give it to peters again?

dobbles
09-27-2008, 06:24 PM
Fowards.

Greentree
Ryder
Germyn
Armstrong
I think Sutter will be there this year
Chucko ( I could see the confidance from the end of last year coming to form)

Defence

Pardy (if he doesnt stick)

Pelech ( same as above)

Palin (not the vice president nomination)

Baldwin

I dont know much about Spang

Cole

i have not put any thought into it to make my own predictions, and i apologize for a triple post, but i wonder if ryder will be a top 6 guy. seems as if he has been terribly unimpressive. i know the guy was a pretty hot prospect before last year, but i don't feel like calgary will want anything handed to him. heck i have been seeing people mentioning las vegas for him.

who knows, but i am certainly not as excited about him as i was a couple months ago.

PIMking
09-27-2008, 07:13 PM
looks like the iwC...

i do realize they cancelled the monday session, but thats the original info from the website.

for those that went last year, can you just go in and go watch?

Yup.

I have an extra ticket to saturdays pre season game. My fiance had to work.

PIMking
09-27-2008, 07:15 PM
i have not put any thought into it to make my own predictions, and i apologize for a triple post, but i wonder if ryder will be a top 6 guy. seems as if he has been terribly unimpressive. i know the guy was a pretty hot prospect before last year, but i don't feel like calgary will want anything handed to him. heck i have been seeing people mentioning las vegas for him.

who knows, but i am certainly not as excited about him as i was a couple months ago.

He just needs to have his confidance back. Give him a couple of games and we will find out what we have. Im not worried the guy took a year off. Im no were near a pro athlete but when I blew my knee out i was off for a year and it was so hard for me not only to get into shape but back to the swing of things.

dobbles
09-27-2008, 08:20 PM
yeah, i hear ya. i just think that for us to have a decent year, he is going to have to be a top point getter. and he seems to be pretty far from that level at least.

but thats why they play the games! i am just excited in 5 days i can go to a hockey game!

Iceman90
09-28-2008, 03:30 AM
QC looks to have a good team this year.

PIMking
09-28-2008, 09:48 AM
If they cant beat you on the scoreboard they will beat your teeth down your throat.

chris lindberg
09-28-2008, 12:06 PM
Who are the expected top four defenceman for the Quad City Flames this season, Brett Palin and perhaps one, if not both of Adam Pardy and Matt Pelech.
Who would be next on the depth chart?

PIMking
09-28-2008, 12:10 PM
Baldwin. I dont know much about Spang well nothing at all about spang.

I would say Baldwin and Cole are higher than him at the moment until I see him next week.

Drunk Skunk
09-28-2008, 01:15 PM
Dan Spang has the talent to be one of the top offensive defensemen in the league. I would call him a second or third defenseman on QC's roster.

Vulcan
09-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Who are the expected top four defenceman for the Quad City Flames this season, Brett Palin and perhaps one, if not both of Adam Pardy and Matt Pelech.
Who would be next on the depth chart?

Eriksson?

IGGYFORMVP
09-29-2008, 12:09 AM
Wow, can you imagine the line up QC would have with Warrener, Ericksson and Nillson there? Wouldn't be a bad thing to bring up our young talent with vets like those to show them the way.

Hack&Lube
09-29-2008, 01:24 AM
Wow, can you imagine the line up QC would have with Warrener, Ericksson and Nillson there? Wouldn't be a bad thing to bring up our young talent with vets like those to show them the way.

Nilson is playing in Europe.

Jamie Lundmark will probably be top 6 in QC. I'd expect Vandermeer to be a top D as well.

MrMastodonFarm
09-29-2008, 09:18 AM
Nilson is playing in Europe.

Jamie Lundmark will probably be top 6 in QC. I'd expect Vandermeer to be a top D as well.

Vandermeer won't see a second of minor league hockey. You mean Warrener?

PIMking
09-29-2008, 11:24 AM

Anders will probably come down here.

I heard earlier that Warrener might come down to be a player/coach. that would help out a ton for the young guys.

flames_fan13
09-29-2008, 01:13 PM

I took it that he meant Pete Vandermeer, Jim's brother but Pete is a winger so don't think he'll be playing D for QC

Canada 02
09-29-2008, 01:54 PM
according to the David Marcoux podcast, Irving will start the season in QC, meaning Lalande is likely destined for Vegas when he's healthy

aparently, Irving tweaked his groin early in camp; is fine now, but has adopted Kippers stretching routine (or at least, that is the way it sounded in the Marcoux interview)