PDA

View Full Version : Flames trying to get back in touch (QC Online)

Hoody
09-18-2008, 06:18 AM
http://www.qconline.com/archives/qco/display.php?id=405040

Hoody

dobbles
09-18-2008, 09:17 AM
i was reading this last night before bed. and though it doesn't effect the on ice stuff very much, I really hope they are able to get more sponsors/corporate partners. It will definitely help the team stick around if they can make some money. Hopefully we can get more fans as well. I would think if we get more companies with a vested interest in the teams success, that then that would give their employees more reason to be fans.

PIMking
09-18-2008, 04:26 PM
Hell the attendance went through the roof for the riverbandits. Last year showed that Tim Taylor was way over his head and didnt have a staff to make AHL work.

This year will show if they are ready or if it will fail.

Im not worried. They just have to get it through some of the ######s that live around that the Mallards are not coming back and dont hold a Flame (pun intended) to the Flames.

dobbles
09-18-2008, 05:48 PM
yeah, i am hoping for an increase in fans in general. would be a lot more fun for sure.

i remember all that energy for that first game last year. sure it helped we were blowing out rockford, but just having all those people was great!

but i think as we have talked about before that having more/better staff in place for this season will really help them out a lot. but i do think strengthening corporate relationships can play a lot into that.

SparkyOne
09-19-2008, 08:45 AM
Don't expect miracles! I think things will improve, but I don't necessarily think that things will go nuts and we'll pull in 7,000+ for every game this season.

Re-education can be a long process. These guys have a great start and will do well. But it will take time....and we have to be patient enough to give them that. Even an extra 500 can make a difference!

dobbles
09-19-2008, 09:03 AM
i agree with you sparky. i don't think sellouts are in the stars for this season. i would be happy if we could bring the average up 500 people. but then again, look how popular the bandits did get. i think after a while that was just bandwagon effect. early in the year we went to several games with not so many people, and there kept being reports of how many were there. (using the always inflated # of tickets sold instead of # of people actually there) and that in my opinion started making people think it was the place to be. so maybe if we can make the beginning of the year sound fun it will really help it steamroll similar to the bandits.

(once again, not hoping for 7,000 every night, but that we can end up picking up an average increase of at least 500. though closer to a 1,000 would be nice too!)