PDA

View Full Version : Hugo Carpentier - Question?

Chanelle132
09-16-2008, 07:24 AM
Hey guys,

I have a question, hopefully one of you will be able to answer me. My cousin Hugo Carpentier is currently playing in the Calgary Flames Rookies' tournament, since he got signed a few months ago.

If you go on the Flames' official website, his name does not appear under the "Prospects" list, but under the "Flames Roster" list, as if he was going to play in the exhibition match next September 23rd, against the Florida Panthers. He is there with 3 other prospects: John Armstrong, Mikael Backlund and Brad Cole. What is this?! Is he really going to play in this match??? :w00t:

http://flames.nhl.com/team/app?service=page&page=TeamPlayers&type=roster

Flame4Ever
09-16-2008, 08:31 AM
Tough to say Chanelle,
Hugo's shown a lot of jam in the prospects tournament, and I'd imagine if he continue to improve he should get a game in the preseason to show his stuff. However, that depends on how he continues to progress in the camp. Even if if he does get a preseason game (I think he should get into one), I'm not sure it will be that one.

So I'd say there's a chance that he plays that one, but I think you'll have to wait to hear from him for which one it will be.

Reggie Dunlop
09-16-2008, 09:47 AM
Good chance he gets into at least one of the first couple of exhibition games now that he's turned pro. The Flames usually have done that in past years -- especially now that they have a full farm system. Hugo should be in Quad Cities this season, and those guys usually get at least a game in.

Nice to hear from you again. Did you watch Hugo on the webcast last night?

Canada 02
09-16-2008, 10:41 AM
judging by last years pre-season games, hardly any 1st year pros got any game action

edit. in fact, other than the rookie goalies, Brett Sutter was the only one (he got into 3 games)

Chanelle132
09-16-2008, 11:06 AM
Thanks for your answers, guys! I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. I'm thinking Hugo will really play one exibition game, if not then his name would not be on the Flames Roster's list. Unless they change their mind.

Yes, yesterday Hugo told me that it was possible to watch the games on the net, so I watched last night's game. He got an assist. ;)

Reggie Dunlop
09-16-2008, 11:10 AM
judging by last years pre-season games, hardly any 1st year pros got any game action

edit. in fact, other than the rookie goalies, Brett Sutter was the only one (he got into 3 games)

Last year going into camp the roster was pretty well set, though. With the team still looking to move out veteran salaries, some of the youngsters should get an extended look.

Having said that, Carpentier is probably not (this year) one of the leading candidates for a legit shot on the Calgary roster. If he does sit that wouldn't be a surprise either.

PIMking
09-16-2008, 11:30 AM
Thanks for your answers, guys! I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. I'm thinking Hugo will really play one exibition game, if not then his name would not be on the Flames Roster's list. Unless they change their mind.

Yes, yesterday Hugo told me that it was possible to watch the games on the net, so I watched last night's game. He got an assist. ;)

Dont worry Chanelle, I'm a sth down in the QC and I will post along with Drunk Skunk plenty of pictures and thoughts on Hugo and other boys in the QC.

Flame4Ever
09-16-2008, 12:01 PM
Dont worry Chanelle, I'm a sth down in the QC and I will post along with Drunk Skunk plenty of pictures and thoughts on Hugo and other boys in the QC.

STH = Season Ticket Holder

Chanelle132
09-16-2008, 01:19 PM
OK, thanks. I was wondering what "STH" meant lol

That's great, I will be looking forward to read your thoughts and see some pictures! :D

Drunk Skunk
09-16-2008, 10:19 PM
Yep, I'll be taking pics again this season. I'll also be able to take in most of training camp too.

old-fart
09-18-2008, 06:54 PM

I was thinking... I know what the "S" is for... and the "H" is for "head"... but what's the "T" inbetween them for? ;)

An early thanks from those of us up here that really do enjoy the updates on how the youngen's are doing down on the farm.