PDA

View Full Version : Medical Advice

Aeneas
09-09-2008, 08:34 AM
I always find the medical advice threads somewhat entertaining so here goes: Since I woke up Saturday morning I have been unable to get back to sleep. Thats over 72 hours with likely less than 20 minutes of sleep.

I am sure this is not normal.

No lack of trying on my part; a solid 30 hours of effort to no avail.

Since Saturday nights first attempt at one of my favorite pastimes (sleep) I have consumed no alcohol or drugs.
I usually sleep very well.
I am under no real stress.

I am going to call my family physician today, but he will likely be all booked until Christmas. Don't really want to go to a clinic and waste my time, or a hospital and waste their time.

I await your stories, suggestions, and whatever twisting of my story Fotze comes up with.

Aeneas

Gozer
09-09-2008, 08:36 AM
*fap fap fap*

Traditional_Ale
09-09-2008, 08:36 AM
I always find the medical advice threads somewhat entertaining so here goes: Since I woke up Saturday morning I have been unable to get back to sleep. Thats over 72 hours with likely less than 20 minutes of sleep.

I am sure this is not normal.

Since Saturday nights first attempt at one of my favorite pastimes (sleep) I have consumed no alcohol or drugs.
I usually sleep very well.
I am under no real stress.

I am going to call my family physician today, but he will likely be all booked until Christmas. Don't really want to go to a clinic and waste my time, or a hospital and waste their time.

I await your stories, suggestions, and whatever twisting of my story Fotze comes up with.

Aeneas

Use the energy for something creative. Write a song or paint/photo/photoshop or something.

When my Dad had insomnia, he would dump old VHS home movies into the computer and edit them into DVDs. Seemed to help him...lol.

DuffMan
09-09-2008, 08:40 AM
*fap fap fap*

+ phone sex lines. ask for the CP discount.

burn_this_city
09-09-2008, 08:43 AM
^^ missdpuck should be able to assist you with this..

I_H8_Crawford
09-09-2008, 08:44 AM
Let your alter-ego start up fight club.

Create a cult and make a plan to bring down all the major banks and credit companies.

SportsJunky
09-09-2008, 08:44 AM
Watch your favourite movie, The English Patient. If that doesn't work come over and paint my house with your free time.

Ice
09-09-2008, 08:53 AM
How does a family doctor get booked until Christmas? Maybe you should get a different family doctor.

If it was me, I'd go to whichever doctor I could find who was able see me. That's way too long without sleeping.

Aeneas
09-09-2008, 09:04 AM
How does a family doctor get booked until Christmas? Maybe you should get a different family doctor.

If it was me, I'd go to whichever doctor I could find who was able see me. That's way too long without sleeping.
He's just THAT good! I exagerate. I have my doubts whether he will be able to see me today, he's always busy
I could just go to a clinic and see a doctor, but I think some personal history may have something to do with this, so I'd rather see my guy.

In my experience good family doctors are hard to come by. If it was a problem with one of my children we would walk right in.

That's the crux of the problem, I have two small children to take care of; and I am just sooooo tired! Hmmm, best go find the baby!

BlackArcher101
09-09-2008, 09:18 AM
Maybe you're just a machine and you don't need to sleep?

wegotBeers
09-09-2008, 09:21 AM
How do you expect to sleep if you have had no drugs or alcohol?

Locke
09-09-2008, 09:26 AM
Maybe try some of those natural sleeping pills they sell at GNC.

Or, go with the tried and true method of brandy.;)

BlackArcher101
09-09-2008, 09:30 AM
My friend swears by Melatonin... but only for short durations, no more than a week.

troutman
09-09-2008, 09:35 AM
I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV.

My prescription is more beer. You seemed to sleep fine after 19 beers in Okotoks.

Or, perhaps spilling the seed unneccessarily will do the trick. Our friend Mr. A can recommend some good internet "research".

BlackArcher101
09-09-2008, 09:58 AM
Our friend Mr. A can recommend some good internet "research".

I recommend the hottie draft thread ;)

First Lady
09-09-2008, 10:23 AM

Aeneas

Another entry for the "You're doing it wrong" thread.
;)

Seriously though. I often experience this, usually when I have a lot on my mind, it doesn't even have to be stressful stuff.... just a lot of it.

And yes, trying too hard does not work. I think part of it has to do with what a persons' natural sleep cycle is. Mine never seems to be in sync with the regular work world. Maybe I am part Vampire.

Grunt
09-09-2008, 10:23 AM
My friend swears by Melatonin... but only for short durations, no more than a week.

This works for me too, especially if I'm stressed out about something. Definitely recommend.

burn_this_city
09-09-2008, 10:30 AM
Another entry for the "You're doing it wrong" thread.
;)

Seriously though. I often experience this, usually when I have a lot on my mind, it doesn't even have to be stressful stuff.... just a lot of it.

And yes, trying too hard does not work. I think part of it has to do with what a persons' natural sleep cycle is. Mine never seems to be in sync with the regular work world. Maybe I am part Vampire.

Explains your affiliation with the WRA ;)

First Lady
09-09-2008, 10:36 AM
Explains your affiliation with the WRA ;)

LOL, rather be a blood sucking WAP than a money bleeding PC'er....:D

Actually their recent overspending has helped me sleep at night...:whistle:

Locke
09-09-2008, 10:38 AM
So you can buy the melatonin at GNC and such natural places right? Anyone know if the Campus store has any? The first week of school is always bad for sleep.:ph34r:

Is melatonin in any way related to midichlorians? That would be cool....:D

peter12
09-09-2008, 10:43 AM
Sex? Is that available? There was some talk about it.

DuffMan
09-09-2008, 10:44 AM
no where to get happy ending?

TimSJ
09-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Ambien for me when i can't sleep.. works like a charm

Flames_Gimp
09-09-2008, 11:51 AM
you have 2 days left to live, sorry.

Shawnski
09-09-2008, 01:10 PM
Melatonin is naturally occurring in honey I believe.

Take a B-Complex vitamin (like Stresstabs). Put a teaspoon of honey under the tongue and let it melt away.

Should be sleeping naturally in no time.

If not, you have my cell. Call me and we will drink our faces off for a while. THAT will put you out like a light.

troutman
09-09-2008, 01:13 PM
A large turkey dinner should help. Dopamine.

Top Shelf
09-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Melatonin is good, but prepare for some very screwed up dreams. And not just weird dreams, very realistic.

BlackArcher101
09-09-2008, 02:10 PM
Melatonin is good, but prepare for some very screwed up dreams. And not just weird dreams, very realistic.

Sweet, if it makes my already realistic dreams even moreso... then that will be just nutty.

Temporary_User
09-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Your coke intake is too high for the amount of hookers you've been doing.

Your Dr. may recommend that you cut back on the amount of coke you've been snorting, but may I suggest simply upping the amount of hookers you hire. Possibly try some new positions with them. That should tire you out!

Aeneas
09-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Good to see you posting Temp user, you've been taking some shots from your team mates at central.

Well, finally heard from doctor, will see him tomorrow afternoon; luckily that is still one day before I die! Thanks FGimp.

My plan for tonight is to watch my slo pitch team win the title at Ed corbett, then come home and put my extended Directors Cut of Alexander on. If that one scene where Alexander and his mother have a painful 20 minute long conversation doesn't do it, then there is no hope.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Dion
09-09-2008, 04:04 PM

And in full color too! I might have to keep a diary of all my weird dreams :D