PDA

View Full Version : Looking for employment in Occupational Health or Coporate Health

FFR
08-04-2008, 11:27 AM
Hello all
I have begun career searching after completing my degree and I figured I might as well throw my name into the Power Ring forum as a networking opportunity because you never know who posts on the forum!

I graduated in 2007 from the University of Calgary with a Bachelor's Degree in Kinesiology. I took a year away from job searching to plan my wedding and get married and move into my new house. Now that life is back in control, I am ready to begin my career search.

I am looking for employment in the coporate sector, preferably in occupational health, return to work coordination (in cooperation with Workers Compensation Board), health and wellness, etc. I am also looking for opportunities in the rehabilitation field.

As a new graduate, I don't have many network acquaintences and I am hoping by posting here, there may be some people who have either heard of a job opportunity in their company or who know someone that I may get in contact with. I am currently working on contacting prospective employers that appeal to me, but I know that I won't be able to think of every company.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I would be more than happy to forward my resume/references via PM or email. I would also be happy to provide a cover letter, providing that a position is specified.

Thank you all.

LChoy
08-29-2008, 04:36 PM
The government is always hiring, especially in Health. If you are within 2 years of graduation, then you qualify for the intern positions (basically, the first level of entry into government).

http://www.pao.gov.ab.ca/jobs/

The downside though is that most of the jobs are in Edmonton :(

FFR
08-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the input but I've already completely exhausted all forms of online job searching that I can think of. But I appreciate it, none the less.