486 CANADIENS 1 KINGS 7
487 SENATORS 2 ISLANDERS 3 (OT)
488 LEAFS 0 CAPITALS 5
489 PANTHERS 5 PENGUINS 3
490 WINGS 3 BRUINS 2
491 BLUES 3 SABRES 3 (OT)

HalifaxDrunk
12-20-2004, 03:03 PM
YEAH! The Ducks don't lose! We didn't play, but we didn't lose!

Radically Red
12-20-2004, 03:23 PM
Sens lose in OT. on a PP goal no less. Darn Daigle taking a double minor cost us this game. Daigle may find his himself in the press box for this infraction.

Next up the Stars. some line juggling will need to be done to shore up the PK which has been our downfall these past few games.

HelloHockeyFans
12-20-2004, 03:51 PM
Powerplay strikes in OT (http://www.livejournal.com/users/nyislanderscphl/)

UNIONDALE, N.Y. - Mathieu Schneider fired a bullet past Marty Turco to give the Islanders the overtime victory.

The anemic Islanders' powerplay continued to be just that, but assistant captain Mathieu Schneider was able to break the man-advantage goose egg when he ripped a one-timer through the five-hole of Marty Turco 56 seconds into overtime to give the Isles the extra point.

With Alexander Daigle in the box with 1:49 left in his double minor from the third, Sergei Samsonov faked a shot near the circle forcing Vaclav Varada to commit, and skated around the winger before feeding a wide-open Schneider cross ice for the goal.

"It was definitely a big goal for us," Schneider said after the game. "Sammie (Samsonov) made a great move to get their guy down and created a lot of space for himself, drawing a couple of their other guys over leaving me open."

Also scoring for the Islanders was Rico Fata with his first of the season when his wrist shot through a crowd banked off of Nick Boynton's skate and fluttered in past a surprised Turco who was sliding the other way.

Eric Daze continued his astounding pace, finishing the game with a goal and an assist logging over 23 minutes in ice-time. Since arriving from Alberta, Daze has amassed 16 points in 13 games with a +9 rating and now leads the team in scoring with 29 points, two more than teammate Brett Hull.

Nick Boynton opened the scoring after a scoreless first, when he beat Roloson with a shot from the point during a stretch of just over 2 minutes where the Senators had the Islanders hemmed in their own end scrambling for possession.

After Fata's 1st and Daze's 15th, both in the second period, Joe Sakic tipped in a Vaclav Varada shot at 16:34 of the third to send the game into the extra frame.

The Islanders will leave immediately for Pittsburgh where Pavel Datsyuk and Valerie Bure will pay their old teammates a visit for a game Tuesday night.

Notes: Defenceman Filip Kuba was on the ice for half of the game, logging 30 minutes of ice-time... Valerie Bure had 2 assists in Monday night's game giving him 3 points (1G, 2A) in his first two games as an Islander... Adam Foote took the night off again as he continued to nurse a bruised elbow sustained when Scott Mellanby of the Sabres hooked him in the second period of the December 17th game sending the defenceman awkwardly into the boards.

Young Guns
12-20-2004, 07:33 PM
Freddy Brathwaite was the story in the Detroit-Boston game. Stood on his head and turned away 31 of 33 shots. Balanced scoring for the Wings once again throughout the lines as several players with a point. Former Wings dressing room cancer Ilya Kovalchuk was held off the scoresheet and limited to just two shots. Detroit now gets a day off to heal as we head into the Christmas break.

to no surprise is Grand Rapids who now leads the AHL in points.

Beerfund
12-20-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by GerryCheevers@Dec 20 2004, 10:00 PM
486 CANADIENS 1 KINGS 7

oops got too busy and never got my lines in. Merry Christmas Scott

Superfraggle
12-20-2004, 09:37 PM
Another big win for the Caps today as Kaberle and Kolzig come up big.

Brian Benning
12-21-2004, 07:29 AM
:ph34r: It is mind blowing how inconsistent this team of mine plays!!!!!!!!!

icarus
12-21-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Beerfund+Dec 21 2004, 02:35 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Beerfund @ Dec 21 2004, 02:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GerryCheevers@Dec 20 2004, 10:00 PM
486 CANADIENS 1 KINGS 7

oops got too busy and never got my lines in. Merry Christmas Scott [/b][/quote]
I don't think my lines were in on time either, as Noronen was supposed to start.

But two seven goal games in two nights, that's exciting. The team is being very opportunistic with the puck and the penalty kill shouldn't be overlooked either.