PDA

View Full Version : Islanders' fan-base increasing at alarming rate

HelloHockeyFans
12-17-2004, 06:59 PM
When the new general manager first took control of the Islanders, he knew the team already had fans. But the new GM has seen a huge jump of late in the fan-base of the New York Islanders in what the GM could only describe as "increasing at an alarming rate".

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/nyicphl/islesbus.jpg

Flickered Flame
12-17-2004, 07:14 PM
So that takes the fan base to what 11 people?! :P

HelloHockeyFans
12-17-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Flickered Flame@Dec 18 2004, 02:14 AM
I don't see a Devils' bus! :D

Flickered Flame
12-17-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by HelloHockeyFans+Dec 18 2004, 02:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HelloHockeyFans @ Dec 18 2004, 02:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Flickered Flame@Dec 18 2004, 02:14 AM
I don't see a Devils' bus! :D [/b][/quote]
We would need more then one bus to show all of our fans after unveiling the new mascot.

Jiggy_12
12-17-2004, 07:41 PM
FAN WIRE

Calgary, AB (AP) --

Today the CPHLFA sent a respresentitive to New York to find out if the increase in fans had anything to do with the forming of the new CPHLFA. VP of Fan Operations and special assistant to the CNO - Jiggy_12 made his unnanounced visit at approximatley 11 a.m. and was greeted by hoards of fans at the Long Island Islip Macarthur airport.

"Not only are the fans supporting the teams now more than ever, but they are supporting our organization to boot. They see what we are trying to do, and they want to be apart of it. We are getting somewhat of a cult following here on Long Island, and its great to see. Our official membership totals still hover somewhere around 4, but the waiting list is thousands deep."

No official word on when or if the CPHLFA will accept a new member, but Jiggy was able to shed some light into the situation.

"It isn't like somebody can just sign up and say 'Hey! I'm Vice President!'. There is a process that has to be followed, and rules that need to be abided by. We strongly encourage participants to sign-up, and we will accomodate them the best way we can"

The CPHLFA has scheduled a press conference for Tuesday morning, no word yet on what will come from that. Sources say a major announcement will be made.

snowdude
12-17-2004, 07:51 PM
CPHLFA need a better acroynm :P

calf
12-17-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by snowdude@Dec 17 2004, 07:51 PM
hear that sound? that's you being scratched off the waiting list.

My original idea was Fan Union of the CPHL. But that appeared derogatory and rude. The CPHLFA sticks.

HelloHockeyFans
12-17-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Jiggy_12@Dec 18 2004, 02:41 AM
FAN WIRE

Calgary, AB (AP) --

Today the CPHLFA sent a respresentitive to New York to find out if the increase in fans had anything to do with the forming of the new CPHLFA. VP of Fan Operations and special assistant to the CNO - Jiggy_12 made his unnanounced visit at approximatley 11 a.m. and was greeted by hoards of fans at the Long Island Islip Macarthur airport.

"Not only are the fans supporting the teams now more than ever, but they are supporting our organization to boot. They see what we are trying to do, and they want to be apart of it. We are getting somewhat of a cult following here on Long Island, and its great to see. Our official membership totals still hover somewhere around 4, but the waiting list is thousands deep."

No official word on when or if the CPHLFA will accept a new member, but Jiggy was able to shed some light into the situation.

"It isn't like somebody can just sign up and say 'Hey! I'm Vice President!'. There is a process that has to be followed, and rules that need to be abided by. We strongly encourage participants to sign-up, and we will accomodate them the best way we can"

The CPHLFA has scheduled a press conference for Tuesday morning, no word yet on what will come from that. Sources say a major announcement will be made.
:D

The Islanders welcome you!! :)

snowdude
12-17-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by calf+Dec 17 2004, 09:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (calf @ Dec 17 2004, 09:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-snowdude@Dec 17 2004, 07:51 PM
hear that sound? that's you being scratched off the waiting list.

[/b][/quote]
But i'm a fan....can't i be in your union?...If not don't make me start up the

CPHLFAHA :)

calf
12-17-2004, 08:26 PM
snowdude is now VP of Acronyms, Long Island Division (shortened to VPALID).

President and CNO calf would like to remind everyone to stay tuned on Tuesday for our announcement, as well as our first monthly CPHL Fan Report.