PDA

View Full Version : CPHL and expansion

Eddie Bronze
12-11-2004, 03:43 PM
I have some interesting ideas involving expansion and the CPHL. I don't know if it's a possibility or not so I don't want to start laying out the 'plan' I have involving this until I know if there is at least a shot. Any relevant info regarding this topic would be appreciated.

Yours truly,
potential future GM of the expansion team ;)

Abstract
12-11-2004, 04:27 PM
Personally my first instinct would be to say no to it but its a mute point if you dont give any details about what you're suggesting.

Beerfund
12-11-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by No I.D.@Dec 11 2004, 10:43 PM
I have some interesting ideas involving expansion and the CPHL. I don't know if it's a possibility or not so I don't want to start laying out the 'plan' I have involving this until I know if there is at least a shot. Any relevant info regarding this topic would be appreciated.

Yours truly,
potential future GM of the expansion team ;)
Well considering your "troll-like" introduction to the league my initial thoughts would be to decline your 'altruistic' offer.

Eddie Bronze
12-11-2004, 06:03 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by troll-like but if you are suggesting that you are not allowed to joke around in this league and have a little fun, then I can say for sure I wouldn't want to participate anyway. :P
Note to self: something's telling me I'm not serious enough for CP. <_<

Thunderball
12-11-2004, 06:17 PM
I think its hard to say yes or no without hearing your proposal.

Right now I'd lean towards no, simply because I don't think there is enough talent to go around to 31 or 32 teams. Let alone arguments about realism or anything like that. But, hey, lets hear the idea.

Superfraggle
12-11-2004, 06:46 PM
what if two seperate leagues were made? I realize that it's tough to get good GMs, but if there were less teams, the talent pool would be stronger than ever (seems a bit weak to me right now) and more people would have a chance to participate...just a thought. The existing GMs likely won't want to break up this league, at least not until next season, but it's something to think about

Pointman
12-11-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Superfraggle@Dec 11 2004, 06:46 PM
what if two seperate leagues were made? I realize that it's tough to get good GMs, but if there were less teams, the talent pool would be stronger than ever (seems a bit weak to me right now) and more people would have a chance to participate...just a thought. The existing GMs likely won't want to break up this league, at least not until next season, but it's something to think about
Well, IF there are at least 20 other GMs, who wanna play, it might be good idea to create another separate league. However, I don't get why it should be "offered" to CPHL. From where I stand it looks like if you want to create one more league, you can just go on and do it. Just my opinion.

Hanna Sniper
12-11-2004, 07:43 PM
With the turn over in the league, there's no need for more teams.

there'll be a New "insert team here" GM post in..... 5... 4.... 3.... 2..... 1....

Eddie Bronze
12-11-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Hanna Sniper@Dec 11 2004, 08:43 PM
With the turn over in the league, there's no need for more teams.

there'll be a New "insert team here" GM post in..... 5... 4.... 3.... 2..... 1....
oh, well, I didn't realize that GM's dropped out so often...if that's what you are getting at. Maybe I'll get involved when I come back to AB after my Christmas break.

Superfraggle
12-11-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Pointman+Dec 11 2004, 08:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pointman @ Dec 11 2004, 08:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Superfraggle@Dec 11 2004, 06:46 PM
Well, IF there are at least 20 other GMs, who wanna play, it might be good idea to create another separate league. However, I don't get why it should be "offered" to CPHL. From where I stand it looks like if you want to create one more league, you can just go on and do it. Just my opinion. [/b][/quote]
Hey I was just putting forth an idea as an alternative to expansion. I still plan to weasel my way into a GM spot in the current league as soon as I can commit the time and one opens up. :D

Beerfund
12-11-2004, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by No I.D.@Dec 12 2004, 01:03 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by troll-like but if you are suggesting that you are not allowed to joke around in this league and have a little fun, then I can say for sure I wouldn't want to participate anyway. :P
Note to self: something's telling me I'm not serious enough for CP. <_<
Well, lets see: I pulled this post from your initial string of contributions to the site:

before this goes any further, it should be realized that the main reason I even posted was just to get a rise out of a few folks. bigyellowgrin.gif

If your goal is to "get a rise outta of a few folks" then I'd rather not hear your "ideas". If you would like to join the league as a GM or agent and then stimulate changes, I'd be open to that. You'll have a lot more credibility if you showed yourself capable of running a team as opposed to trying to change something you do not understand. This league is a lot of fun, and as a GM that was part of the opening crew I think that the changes implemented to this point have served to make the league better.
But to introduce yourself in the manner you have shows a lack of respect for the work and efforts the administrators have put into this league.

Eddie Bronze
12-12-2004, 07:14 AM
It's nice to know you guys are so stuck up you can't have a little fun. That's too bad.

Brian Benning
12-12-2004, 08:51 AM
It's nice to know you guys are so stuck up you can't have a little fun. That's too bad.

Shoot I can't believe that all the time I've spent here is not fun! Thanks for setting me straight. Sheez these guys almost had me.

Buddy please don't take it personal and resort to taking jabs at anyone here or the league. Learn to approach people the correct way and we can all have meaningful discussions.

BB

Flickered Flame
12-12-2004, 08:54 AM
I'm just guessing here but I don't think expansion is a possibility. I would suggest that if you want to join you just fill out an application form and wait for your turn to come.

Jiggy_12
12-12-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by No I.D.@Dec 12 2004, 07:14 AM
You started this thread and you asked the question, its nobodies fault but your own if you can't handle the response you were given.

Beerfund
12-12-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by No I.D.@Dec 12 2004, 02:14 PM
No one is adverse to having fun. In fact, some of the more creative GMs have left some of us "stuck-up GMs" wiping our morning coffee from our monitors. See some of the threads started by the Ducks GM - HalifaxDrunk. There's a difference between humour and disrespect.
If you've got some ideas, great! But don't walk into something trying to change it before you know what it is in the first place. Fill out an application. Many GMs have taken part in the league vicariously at first while waiting for their chance to own a club. Some have played a role as asssistent GMs to start learning the ropes. Opportunities come along, and you'll find most, if not all, GMs are far from being stuck-up.

Eddie Bronze
12-12-2004, 01:07 PM
I apologize if you took what was said in the other thread as disrespectful. That was the farthest thing from my intention.

Cheese
12-12-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by No I.D.@Dec 12 2004, 09:14 AM
Always looking for ideas...dont sweat it.
As to proposals we are always looking for new ideas.
The idea of expansion has been brought up before and we actually had a poll on it last year. It was turned down at that time.
The alternate idea of CPHL2 was also brought up, but due to time involved we couldnt foresee how to do that. It takes a HUGE amount of commitment to run a league. We would also not want to start another league unless we could monitor it properly. This is not out of the realm though and is a slight possibility. Personally I wouldnt mind seeing a CPHL 1 - 10.
Always give us your ideas...