PDA

View Full Version : Stong finish gives hope for Flames in Year 2 (QC Times)

Hoody
04-15-2008, 06:41 AM
http://qctimes.com/articles/2008/04/15/sports/hockey/doc480443939274b432060709.txt

Hoody

Bobblehead
04-15-2008, 09:34 AM
Thanks for posting all the links all season, Hoody.

Reggie Dunlop
04-15-2008, 10:20 AM

Agreed.

I always read 'em, even if I don't always comment.

Much appreciated.

Sylvanfan
04-15-2008, 10:34 AM
Yeah, thanks for all your efforts during the year. QC was a good example of why it's a bit too easy to get gaga over youth. The team had a lot of guys have a good first year as professional hockey players only to have a tough time building on that success the next year. In the hockey bussiness it's not always how well you start out, but moreso how you rebound after facing a bit of adversity that really determines if a player makes it or not. Hopefully with a bit more experience and a couple rebound years from a few players and some additions to the squad from the junior ranks the fans in QC will get to see a playoff calibre squad next year.

Hoody
04-15-2008, 01:25 PM

Not a problem. I enjoy it. I am usually reading them every morning anyways, so it's not that hard to post them too.

I don't always do a lot of posting besides, but I read just about everything. I'm glad everyone enjoys the articles.

Hoody

ps. Thanks for the red square.

Jetsfan
04-18-2008, 11:45 AM
Thank you Hoody! Your posts are much appreciated! Have a great summer!

Phanuthier
04-20-2008, 12:13 AM
A big thank you from me as well Hoody

Which vets (Stevenson, Germayn, Kolanos) do you think will be brought back? I would think Kolanos would be let go since he doesn't really display that "leadership"

transplant99
04-20-2008, 09:02 AM
Agreed.

I always read 'em, even if I don't always comment.

Much appreciated.

Ditto. rarely comment here but read all these links. Well done Hoodman!

chris lindberg
04-20-2008, 09:41 AM
So, have all the baby Flames now gone home, well, besides the Black Aces, do Aki Seitsonen Juuso Puustinen, and Tomi Maki go back to Finland, Tim Ramholt - Switzerland in the offseason?

Hoody
04-20-2008, 08:33 PM
A big thank you from me as well Hoody

Which vets (Stevenson, Germayn, Kolanos) do you think will be brought back? I would think Kolanos would be let go since he doesn't really display that "leadership"

I would like to think that Stevenson and Germyn would be back in QC. There are strong rumours going around that Stevenson may go to Switzerland (?). Kolanos I don't see coming back. He was an offensive terror to other teams, but his defense and leadership, for a vet, sucked frankly. I foresee him moving on. Germyn I would expect, and personally love, to see back.

Hoody

dobbles
04-20-2008, 09:46 PM
yeah, i could see stevenson heading back to europe. its too bad theres not room for him in calgary. he had decent nhl experience with the sharks and was the best player on our team for a good chunk of the year.

i hope kolanos is gone. i would rather see us score less and play harder. then again we would have probably lost a lot of games without krissy out there...

for you guys that know more about contract situations and stuff answer if this scenario is at all possible. would you see them moving peeters and making germyn captain? to me it feels like germyn just doesn't have quite enough to make it to calgary, but seems to be a great on ice leader and plays with so much emotion. i personally didn't see much on ice type leadership from peters though he was one of our favorite players. just thinking outloud. if there are things like contracts that would make that really dumb sounding, my apologies.

Drunk Skunk
04-20-2008, 10:55 PM
yeah, i could see stevenson heading back to europe. its too bad theres not room for him in calgary. he had decent nhl experience with the sharks and was the best player on our team for a good chunk of the year.

i hope kolanos is gone. i would rather see us score less and play harder. then again we would have probably lost a lot of games without krissy out there...

for you guys that know more about contract situations and stuff answer if this scenario is at all possible. would you see them moving peeters and making germyn captain? to me it feels like germyn just doesn't have quite enough to make it to calgary, but seems to be a great on ice leader and plays with so much emotion. i personally didn't see much on ice type leadership from peters though he was one of our favorite players. just thinking outloud. if there are things like contracts that would make that really dumb sounding, my apologies.
I would much rather see Palin as captain then either Germyn or Peters.

Carsen Germyn will be a life long AHL'er with maybe 20-40 games of NHL call-up experience.

dobbles
04-20-2008, 11:00 PM
do you think Palin will make it up to the nhl for a few years? if so, would that make him less likely to be captain since he could be gone so quick? thats kind of why i thought germyn would make a good captain, since he doesn't seem to have the nhl game, he can stay down here and mentor young guys for a few years.

dustygoon
04-24-2008, 06:12 PM
ps. Thanks for the red square.

I was wondering when you would get that. Good job this year.