PDA

View Full Version : Sabres and Oilers complete 4 player deal

looooob
12-10-2004, 05:17 PM
In an attempt to shake the Sabres from their doldrums the Buffalo Sabres and Edmonton Oilers completed a minor transaction. Heading to the City of Champignons is LW Bates Battaglia and RW Niko Dimitrakos. Shuffling off to Buffalo are D Jay McKee and LW Sami Pahlsson.

"This isn't earth shattering stuff" acknowledged Looooob "It's tough to move Battaglia who has done well for us this year, and Dimitrakos--despite his age-- has some upside. But McKee helps settle our blueline and Pahlsson becomes our top defensive forward"

When asked how this deal really helps a team that has lost 5 straight games, most by significant margins, Looooob started bawling like a little schoolgirl.

It's unclear what ramifications this deal has on continuing rumors that either Scott Niedermayer or Kim Johnsson could be dealt.

Sylvanfan
12-10-2004, 06:50 PM
The Edmonton Oilers have confirmed that a deal has been reached with the Buffalo Sabres. Heading from one ugly city to another are Bates Battaglia, Niko Dimitrakos, Jay McKeee, and Samuel Pahlsson. With 8 defenceman on their CPHL roster and facing a couple of injuries up front the Oilers were needing to exchange a defenceman for a forward. The result was a two for two swap with the struggling Sabres. Both McKee and Pahlsson had been making positive contributions to the Oilers recently with McKee already tallying a career high 5 goals on the season. Pahlsson had somewhat helped stabalize the Oiler PK unit in the past few games, but it didn't stop Tyrant GM Sylvanfan from making the deal.

"Well I honestly feel that this deal does make us better this season without sacrificing our future, and that was the primary reason it was done. We were in need of a good 4th line depth guy like Dimitrakos, and Battaglia can be an effective third liner in the right surroundings. It does help us keep a strong 3rd/4th line and does make us a bit more immune to injuries. We certainly will miss the contributions we were receiving from Sammy, and Jay, but it's a bussiness." Was the statement uttered by Sylvanfan.

When asked if he had been dealing with Pittsburgh, the GM offered the following insight. "Yes, we had agreed on a player transaction that would have brought us a good 25 year player to center our second line. But things happened in Pittsburgh and that deal has gone cold. We were going to have to make another roster move to allow for that deal, but felt that it would have brought us really close to being a serious contender. Still we'll continue to look for ways to improve our club now, and ensure that it remains extremely competitive for the next decade. These things happen, and it's part of the game, I don't hold any ill will out of the situation. God knows I've pulled similar stunts myself on several occasions. ;) . At least this way I get to keep my boy Hamhuis in the show and allow him to build the greatest place in Alberta for all your partying needs."

Eddie Bronze
12-10-2004, 08:02 PM
Edmonton clearly rapes Buffalo in this deal.

KevanGuy
12-10-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by No I.D.@Dec 10 2004, 08:02 PM
Edmonton clearly rapes Buffalo in this deal.
Why?

Eddie Bronze
12-10-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by KevanGuy@Dec 10 2004, 09:15 PM
Why?
Dimitrakos.

Sample00
12-10-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by No I.D.+Dec 11 2004, 03:30 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (No I.D. @ Dec 11 2004, 03:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-KevanGuy@Dec 10 2004, 09:15 PM
Why?
Dimitrakos. [/b][/quote]
ok...I give...why?

Eddie Bronze
12-10-2004, 09:24 PM
None of the four players are impact players. You have a stay at home defenseman, and 3 forwards who are 3rd liners at best.

PO-TEN-CHEL ;)

and I thought I should add this note:
before this goes any further, it should be realized that the main reason I even posted was just to get a rise out of a few folks. :D

looooob
12-10-2004, 10:54 PM
sabres gm responds:

we like Dimitrakos. but he's a 69 ranking with no waiver options

he's not helping us now

he should be a good 3rd liner for Edmonton next season and beyond

Sylvanfan
12-11-2004, 07:42 AM
It's should be noted that the Oilers also sent enough money to the Sabres to balance the salary's for this season. I think Dimitrakos and Pahlsson actually scored similar amounts of points in the NHL last season too, and Pahlsson is supposed to be the checker. Sure Battaglia could return to form from two years ago and Dimitrakos could become a Steve Reinprecht type, but the chances are almost as good that Battaglia fades faster than John Druce and Dimitrakos never evolves past a Rob DiMaio type. Rape is only to be used when a dumbass GM trades Marty Turco for the most useless goalie in CPHL history. :angry:

Eddie Bronze
12-11-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Sylvanfan@Dec 11 2004, 08:42 AM
Rape is only to be used when a dumbass GM trades Marty Turco for the most useless goalie in CPHL history. :angry:
Why would someone do that? :/

Sylvanfan
12-11-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by No I.D.+Dec 11 2004, 08:02 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (No I.D. @ Dec 11 2004, 08:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sylvanfan@Dec 11 2004, 08:42 AM
Rape is only to be used when a dumbass GM trades Marty Turco for the most useless goalie in CPHL history. :angry:
Why would someone do that? :/ [/b][/quote]
My ass still hurts from that one. I will hunt to the far end of the earth to avenge the consequences that resulted from that lack of judgement that fatal day. Far and away the most one sided deal in CPHL history. If that deal is never made that Panthers would still be one of the strongest teams in the league. Thing is that it's all my fault because I proposed the move. I was blinded by his super crappy offers he'd made and felt mine was much better than what he initially offered. Just a dumb move. I hate myself for it. Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
Oh well being raped only hurts the first time :D !!

notoepik
12-12-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Sylvanfan+Dec 11 2004, 03:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sylvanfan @ Dec 11 2004, 03:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sylvanfan@Dec 11 2004, 08:42 AM

Far and away the most one sided deal in CPHL history. If that deal is never made that Panthers would still be one of the strongest teams in the league.

[/b][/quote]
I have to disagee with you that it was the worst trade in CPHL history. Personally I think the one that brought Turco to the Panthers in the first place was even better. Mind you we had no clue what the ratings were at the time of that deal, it was in the first days of the CPHL. But getting a top goalie for a batch of chocolate chips cookies was quite a coup if I do say so myself :D B)

Sylvanfan
12-12-2004, 01:09 PM
I wish I'd got some chocolate chip cookies in my trade. :angry:

I love chocolate chip cookies, so much so that I'd trade Hossa for a dozen good ones if I hadn't slapped a no trade clause on his contract!!! :lol: