PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News

KevanGuy
07-29-2004, 02:54 AM
The Boston Globe has learned that the Bruins have made a major trade. Details to follow....

Cheese
07-29-2004, 06:46 AM
Is that Breaking Wind? :lol: :blink: :wacko:

KevanGuy
07-29-2004, 10:37 AM
BRUINS BREAK WIND!

Big Deal Goes Down in Beantown

Untouchable is a relative word. And up until late last nigt/early this morning, Sergei Gonchar was considered just that. However, in an effort to make a big splash in the CPHL, Islanders GM Navroz ended up making an offer that couldn't br turned down. The blockbuster trade has Gonchar, Huselius, Langenbrunner and a third round pick going to The Islanders in exchange for Vincent Lecavalier, Pavol Demitra, Andrei Markov, a second round pick and 2.5 million in cap space this year.

Bruins GM KevanGuy was cracking a bit of a smile this morning, "I feel good about it. We got a lot back. Gonchar is the best D-man in the league, but with that kind of return how can you go wrong? Shawn McEachern can play the LW, so we can easily fill Huselius' spot. The only thing I am worried about is how Brian is gonna take all this. Sergei was his...ahh....favorite."

Headed down the off-season stretch the Bruins lines are shaping up quite nicely for next year. Expect to see something like this.

Shawn McEachern Mike Modano Pavol Demitra
Pierre Turgeon Vincent Lecavalier David Vyborny
Eric Messier Shawn Bates Ville Nieminen
Shaun Van Allen Byron Ritchie THE Brian Holzinger

"We might work on our wing depth before the start of the season. The great thing about that fourth line is that each one of those players can play centre," said KevanGuy.

looooob
07-29-2004, 10:38 AM
well it's a big deal, I'll give you that

someone got ripped off, I just haven't figured out who yet :P

TimSJ
07-29-2004, 11:01 AM
i would argue that Lidstrom is the best d-man in the league... :D

Interesting deal none the less

icarus
07-29-2004, 11:01 AM
Way to pounce on the new guy!

underdawg
07-29-2004, 11:07 AM
NOTE: NYI GM Navroz Khimji was on his way to the airport to meet Sergei Gonchar but said this in passing...

"It is a big deal indeed. We as an organization felt that we needed to spice up our blue line. Vinny will be a great player someday but right now we got the best defenceman in the league. Just have a look at our top lines and our future... you tell me how could i not do it."

Havlat Damphousse Samsonov
Brunette Langenbrunner Daze
Petrov Ricci Huselius

Gonchar Carney
Dejardins Rivet

NOTE: GM Khimji also smiled and said "Pavol who..."

looooob
07-29-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by underdawg@Jul 29 2004, 11:07 AM
NOTE: NYI GM Navroz Khimji was on his way to the airport to meet Sergei Gonchar but said this in passing...

"It is a big deal indeed. We as an organization felt that we needed to spice up our blue line. Vinny will be a great player someday but right now we got the best defenceman in the league. Just have a look at our top lines and our future... you tell me how could i not do it."

Havlat Damphousse Samsonov
Brunette Langenbrunner Daze
Petrov Ricci Huselius

Gonchar Carney
Dejardins Rivet

NOTE: GM Khimji also smiled and said "Pavol who..."
is that OLEG Petrov? hmmm work to be done yet methinks :D

underdawg
07-29-2004, 12:41 PM
2004 Mark Freer Award - Oleg Petrov - AHL Points Leader

icarus
07-29-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by underdawg@Jul 29 2004, 06:41 PM
2004 Mark Freer Award - Oleg Petrov - AHL Points Leader
He played in Europe last season. You won't be able to play him on your CPHL roster.

flambers
07-29-2004, 07:31 PM
Very interesting trade.