387 PENGUINS 1 OILERS 6
388 LEAFS 3 CAPITALS 0
389 JACKETS 4 WINGS 4 (OT)
390 PREDATORS 7 BLUES 8
391 WILD 5 SHARKS 1

Mango
12-09-2004, 02:10 PM
:doo: another one goal loss.

Team page update. (http://members.shaw.ca/prusinas/cphl.htm)

Pointman
12-09-2004, 02:19 PM
Despite shots were 20-17 Hawks, the outcome was 4-0 Devils. It's also first time this season Hawks got 2 miscounds in one game, as Therien and Bergenheim were ejected.

Pointman
12-09-2004, 02:42 PM
Hawks GM was rumoured to reject a fair share of offers featuring Malakhov going to Chicago. This might be the reason Chris Therien went after russian veteran defenseman and injured him 48 seconds into play. One of Hawks best players was ejected right after that.

Despite missing Chris Therien for the whole game, Hawks defense put tremendous performance limiting opposition to season-low 17 shots. However, that was enough for Devils to put 4 past available Brent Johnson. The key moment of the game happend in second period, with score 2-0 Devils, as Andrew Cassels went to the penalty box for interfering Brent Johnson on his great performance. Hawks went on the powerplay only to see rookie Seasn Bergenheim getting game miscound for spearing 14 seconds later. With game turned to 4 on 4 it took Devils only 13 seconds to put third past Johnson and seal the deal.

"Since I came back, Hawks are playing close games and they are .500", said Hawks GM Pointman. "But it doesn't mean that everything's allright. We need better offense and proably better goaltending. We'll try to adress it soon".

JohnnyFlame
12-09-2004, 05:24 PM
Hard to win a game when 13 players get 1 shot or less includding 11 with zero. 15 players with one hit or less. Got a number of top players every game who get zero's across the board. Not a hit, shot or pt. despite plenty of icetime. St. Louis with an 84 on O streaking along with yet another game with a pt. or shot on goal.

JiriHrdina
12-09-2004, 06:48 PM
Twin City Times

Edmonton South?

Ex-Oilers lead Wild to Win over Sharks

Perhaps the Wild and Oilers should just keep on trading?

Indeed, it seems that whenever the two teams hook up for a deal, it works out well for both teams. The trend continued on Thursday as 3 former Oilers (David Legwand, Scott Hannan and Brian Rafalski) each scored a goal to lead the Wild to their fourth straight win, this time over the Sharks. For Hannan and Rafalski the tallies marked their first goals wearing Wild colours. However, the real story was David Legwand who scored his third game winning goal in as many games. Legwand commented on his recent hot streak:

“The important thing is we are winning games. I’m happy to be putting up some goals, but the nice thing about this team is that every night it could be someone different. Right now everything is going well for me which is nice”.

The Wild also received stellar netminding from Jocelyn Thibault, particularly in the first when the Wild were outplayed and outshot by the Sharks. Thibault stopped 24 of 25 shots, and although overlooked by the 3 star selections, his efforts did not escape the notice of GM Grant Farhall.

”Jocelyn was great tonight for us. If the Sharks score first in the opening period than the game could have been dramatically different. He gave us a chance to get our heads into the game”.

The Wild next play Sunday and face a tough test – the Ottawa Senators.

Game Notes:
-In addition to scoring GWGs in 3 straight games, Legwand also has a 5 game goal scoring streak, first in the league
-Scott Hannan continues to impress, leading the team with 5 hits in the game, in addition to his goal
-Brendan Morrison and Richard Zednik each had 1 goal and 2 assists in the game. Zednik continues to be a weapon on the powerplay, scoring his league leading 9th goal with a man up.

Fire
12-09-2004, 06:49 PM
Ouch... the Preds lose a high scoring one-goal game and lose young superstar Dany Heatley.

Haske had an off game to say the least.

Brian Benning
12-09-2004, 07:08 PM
Hard to win a game when 13 players get 1 shot or less includding 11 with zero. 15 players with one hit or less. Got a number of top players every game who get zero's across the board. Not a hit, shot or pt. despite plenty of icetime. St. Louis with an 84 on O streaking along with yet another game with a pt. or shot on goal.

Well all I can say is I better break up my defense;) There just to good!! As for St.louis I say you send him my way. I'll give you the ultra talented Chris Dingman in return. More than fair since your so down on Marty.

Sylvanfan
12-09-2004, 07:19 PM
OILERS GREASE PENS, WIN 4TH STRAIGHT
Tom Poti makes triumphant return

For the third time in three nights the Oilers managed to score 6 goals, and for the third time in three nights the Oilers were able to better the opponent. The Oilers again relied on a balanced attack as 6 different marksman were able to light the lamp for the Martin division leaders in a 6-1 win over the Pens. Amidst heated rumors that the Oilers have been pursueing Pavel Datsyuk, the quiet Russian suited up as a Penguin and left town with the team he came with.

Sammy Pahlsson was the surprise hero for the Oilers today as he tallied a goal and two assists for his first three points as an Oiler. Tom Poti had his best game of the season collecting a goal and an assist and finishing +2 on the evening. Former Wild defenceman Matthias Ohlund also had 2 points giving him 8 in 4 games since coming to Edmonton. Other former Wild players Matt Lombardi, Dan Hamhuis, and Radek Dvorak also collected points for the Oilers. Amazingly all players that have been traded between the two teams seem to be playing better on their new teams. Rookie Nikolai Zherdev extended his point streak to 6 games with a goal, and Alexander Frolov became the third Oiler to hit double digits in the goal column with his 10th of the season. Another rookie Alexander Perezhogin tallied his first career CPHL goal in his second game. The Oilers received solid goaltending from surprise starter Sebastian Caron as he turned away 21 of the 22 shots directed his way. The Oiler powerplay rebounded to pot 2 goals in 7 chances and the PK unit killed off all 3 powerplays against and managed a short handed marker.

The Oilers will now enjoy a day off and prepare for a matchup with the Dallas Stars on Saturday. The win keeps the Oil atop the Martin Divison and puts them one point behind Nashville with a game in hand for the conference lead. GM Sylvanfan was tight lipped about the trade rumors surrounding the game and only offered the following comments on the game. "Man I can't believe how much room Perezhogin gets out there. Every time that stick comes off the ice the other guys clear out and he's got like 10 feet of open ice to work with. I don't know what he ever did in the past, but a guy who has that much space on the ice all the time is a very effective and dangerous player. Anyone who has that much room and time out there is going to score a bucket full of goals in any hockey league."

Young Guns
12-09-2004, 08:24 PM
Undefeated in 3!!!

Nothing to brag about but i'll take it. Patrick Marleau With 7 points in 5 games as a Red Wing. almost the same number of points he had in the previous 23 games with the Jackets and Panthers. The Romanator with his 4th stellar performance in a row. Wings now 1 point out of 8thplace and 2 points out of 5th. Trust me when I say.....a playoff spot is in the bag. :hmm: Look forward to the next game vs Buffalo where the Wings will be close to dressing a healthy squad for the first time in a long long time.

Flickered Flame
12-09-2004, 10:09 PM
Back on track with a 4-0 win! Nabby rebounds nicely with the shutout, his second as a devil. Gamestory to be available in the morning.

Flickered Flame
12-10-2004, 07:33 AM
Swampy Times
Nabby rebounds!

Windy City--Devils goaltender got the message sent by GM Mike Walsh, stop the puck or you will sit on the bench, and Nabokov did just that one Thursday afternoon making 20 saves in a 4-0 win over the hapless Hawks. With the win the Devils ended a brief 2 game losing streak.

"I was seeing the puck really well today" said Nabby, Nabokov continued with "the guys cleared the front and limited their 2nd chances which helps make it easy for me".

The Devils were offensively by Selanne, Recchi, and Ference who all had 3 points. Recchi scored his team leading 16th goal, while Selanne scored his 13th. Jp Vigier opened the scoring with his 1st of the year, while Ponikarovsky continues to play well through the trade rumors scoring his 8th goal.

The Devils played most of the game without Vladimir Malakhov who was knocked out of the game by Hawks defenceman Chris Therien, but the injury is not serious and Malakhov should not miss anytime.

The Devils are back at it today with a game against the arch-rival Rangers.