PDA

View Full Version : Commercials you can't stand!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

dissentowner
03-31-2008, 06:53 PM
Subway. I like their subs but as long as they keep making horribly annoying commercials I am not buying them anymore. That monkey one they currently have makes me wanna go crazy and that Jarrod guy has gotten plumper then he was and I still want to force feed him Bon Bons until he weighs 1000lbs. Honourable mention to that little Mazda brat with his Zoom Zoom Zoom crap.

Dan02
03-31-2008, 06:54 PM
almost all of them after i have seen them the 32nd time.

Flames_Gimp
03-31-2008, 06:56 PM
the entire telus campain

4X4
03-31-2008, 06:58 PM
the entire telus campain

TV and radio, Telus and Telus Mobility.

chid
03-31-2008, 06:58 PM
I cannot stand those Telus ads, during the game I hear that girl and those birds bouncing I lose my mind.

FlamesPuck12
03-31-2008, 06:59 PM
http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=54254&highlight=subway

4X4
03-31-2008, 07:00 PM
I cannot stand those Telus ads, during the game I hear that girl and those birds bouncing I lose my mind.

For the whole month of December it was that stupid mp3 phone with the fish that make different shapes. They seem to get it onto every single commercial break on Sportsnet. Telus must die.

Flames_Gimp
03-31-2008, 07:02 PM
i'm going to switch to another cell phone provider after 12 years with telus because of those ads

NinePack
03-31-2008, 07:16 PM
That Panago guy with the hardhat, the other is the Scotiabank one i haven't seen in a while, saying there talking onions.

HotHotHeat
03-31-2008, 07:25 PM
Ads about mutual fund investing and stuff (AMG finincial, IMG direct...etc.) all get to me. I can't stand how they advertise their investment techniques. It's all BS and overstating.

burn_this_city
03-31-2008, 07:26 PM

Those ads for CASE equipment are a welcome relief after those stupid parrots..

Five-hole
03-31-2008, 07:35 PM
The "You're Richer Than You Think" ones.

First it was that "should tell him or should I?" WTF? I still don't understand that stupid thing. Now it's the "we're not breakfast nook people". Great. Thanks for making me dumber.

Also any bank / insurance / mortgage / money in general commercial -- CIBC in particular -- that tries to be all cute and emotional. Like that chick buying the vineyard, or the dude building the nursery. F off and die. All you financial institutions do is steal my money. Don't try to make me feel giddy about it.

Sparks
03-31-2008, 07:38 PM
Telus ads drive me insane. It's time for a new ad design for the love of god. You've been doing the exact same crap since Clearnet PCS.

Panago guy. So he's a chef now? Why is he still wearing his hard hat? How did they find a hard hat that they could fit his massively fat head in? I hate that guy.

burnin_vernon
03-31-2008, 07:38 PM
Ditto to all here so far. The singer in the Telus parrots one makes me want to shove icepicks under my toenails.

Have to add the "Rule of Truck" ones with the loser in the cowoby hat talking about the horsepower and especially the one with the big back seat for friends.

Alpha_Q
03-31-2008, 07:42 PM
I hate those commercials with the Snailski's. And the parrots as mentioned numerous times above. Gahh!
Also, the Sportsnet commercials for the Oiler broadcasts.

showtime
03-31-2008, 07:42 PM
The Stella commercial they play at the movie theater where the girl on the bike falls. Its been in the commercials at the start of every movie for the last like 5 years.

dissentowner
03-31-2008, 07:49 PM
Those freakin shampoo commercials..Herbal Essence maybe where the girl has 6000 orgasms from shampooin her head...I don't want a constant reminder that a shampoo can do that to a woman but damned if I can!

Sparks
03-31-2008, 07:50 PM
Have to add the "Rule of Truck" ones with the loser in the cowoby hat talking about the horsepower
According to our friend at Toyota, 300 horses can go much faster than one horse. Somehow. Now I'm no horse expert, but I'm pretty sure that 300 horses together would end up going slower than one horse. Who writes this stuff?

dissentowner
03-31-2008, 07:52 PM
or any tampon, yeast infection product commercial which always air mysteriously at the same time you are tryin to eat supper. I have an issue with hearing about yeast infections while tryin to eat mashed potato's or tampons while squeezing a ketchup bottle

ken0042
03-31-2008, 08:01 PM
Also any bank / insurance / mortgage / money in general commercial -- CIBC in particular -- that tries to be all cute and emotional. Like that chick buying the vineyard, or the dude building the nursery. F off and die. All you financial institutions do is steal my money. Don't try to make me feel giddy about it.

Worst was one where the guy says "I went into the bank to see about helping my daughter with her student loans. The lady asked if I had thought about retirement. I said no way- not for me."

Then the banker says to the guy "you can afford to hang it up in 3 years."

OK, so a guy in his mid 50's has money to help his daughter with student loans, and can retire in 3 years while still helping her. Obviously he has been socking away cash for quite a while; it's not like the bank found a way for a regular guy to be able to pay his kid's student loans and retire though their magic plans they came up with.

FurnaceFace
03-31-2008, 08:02 PM
Toyota and Telus as mentioned. Toyota because they are played at the front and back of nearly every commercial set on Sportsnet during the games.

The Bell dumb and dumber beavers
Molson Ads
Enterprise - "Looks expensive!" - be grateful you son hasn't stuck your azz in a home lady.
And topping the charts is the stupid MacAir

hockeycop
03-31-2008, 08:05 PM
What about those fricken' Montana's Steakhouse ads with the talking moose/dear heads. Those drive me nuts.

The one ad that instantly popped into my head when I read this thread title is "Monkey Sub".

Azure
03-31-2008, 08:06 PM
Every single telus commercial.

That goes without saying....and without reading this thread, I bet you a million bucks someone already said it.

burn_this_city
03-31-2008, 08:07 PM
anything by itravel2000.com

czure32
03-31-2008, 08:16 PM
The Bell dumb and dumber beavers

its funny, today as i was driving home i heard a bell ad on teh fan960

they were talking about bell HD receivers, saying that its the same feed they use in toronto to review NHL goals...and I was thinking, is that really something you want to be advertising :D

I also hate the calgaryjobshop.ca ads...they drive me insane, espicially the one with the father having his kid post the ad. I wanna smack the crap out him and his kid

prarieboy
03-31-2008, 08:16 PM
The new David Sazuki ones.

Superflyer
03-31-2008, 08:26 PM
I hate the subway ones on the radio, which of these sounds is not someone gorging on a sub. If anyone makes those sounds they should be told to leave the room because it is disgusting.

Pretty much any ad for a bank, oh yea bank with us and you can retire when you are 35, sure

FurnaceFace
03-31-2008, 08:34 PM
I have just watched the Koodo mobile commercial about 3 times and I'd already add it to the list.

(Koodo is a new budget spinoff from Telus)

getbak
03-31-2008, 08:44 PM
"Let Mama feed you."

Those are horrible on so many levels.

sadora
03-31-2008, 09:35 PM
About 98% of the ads shown here in North America, they're mostly just loud and obnoxious...the only ones I can actually stand are those with some actual creativity & humor behind them...The Plaza theater in Kensington sometimes has screenings for The World's Greatest Commercial's...there really are some funny commercials out there, unfortunately none here.

TheRedCrush
03-31-2008, 09:39 PM
THat new Volkswagon ad. I know its clever because the guy is "mysteriously" honking the horn, giving the car human characteristics because that guy with the alarm just bought it. But do they have to keep honking the damn horn over and over.

A car alarm or people beeping their car horns in parking lots is annoying enought. Now i have to hear it in my house, over and over while I scramble to hit mute.

Whoever designed that add may have thought they were clever but man did they miss the boat. I think they just annoyed a large group of people.

I for one will never buy a volkswagon ever again just because of how annoying that add is.

Advise for future commercial makers, don't try to be clever by having a baby cry on and off for 30 seconds. Thats also a sound not many people enjoy hearing if they don't have too.

And well Telus, worst company in canada. And yes all their ad's have been terrible for a long time. Actually ever time I see or hear one, they keep reminding me I will never buy another product or service from them ever again. Nothing like a good consistent reminder.

metallicat
03-31-2008, 09:40 PM
Call 1 - 800 - 267 - 2001 ALARM FORCE!

I hated those commercials on the radio, but I hate them even more now that I have to hear AND see Joel Matlin's mug on TV. I guess however, their marketing team should be congratulated because it's certainly the only home alarm company whose 1-800 number I know.

Jiggy_12
03-31-2008, 09:41 PM
I'm with the crowd that hates the Telus commercials, namely the bird ones.

F'n annoying. And of course anything with the Panago guy.

SteveToms
03-31-2008, 09:43 PM
The Expedia Winter is Crappy ones

Resolute 14
03-31-2008, 09:46 PM
I am presently boycotting Panago specifically because of that annoying construction worker guy.

The David Suzuki Enmax commercials make me want to burn paint.

flylock shox
03-31-2008, 09:47 PM
Mini-mini-mini-Mini Wheats!

OT: Anyone know who does that kickass commercial where the chick's daydreaming about her trip to Brazil, but when she can't afford it starts dreaming about Edmonton instead? That made me laugh out loud the first time I saw it.

GreatWhiteEbola
03-31-2008, 09:50 PM
"Let Mama feed you."

Those are horrible on so many levels.

AGREED!

"Let mama feed you, munch munch."

That is a whole lot of crazy in 30 seconds. Who ever thought that one up is in need of therapy.

Dion
03-31-2008, 09:53 PM
The fat pig doing those panago pizza commercials.

4X4
03-31-2008, 09:57 PM
AGREED!

"Let mama feed you, munch munch."

That is a whole lot of crazy in 30 seconds. Who ever thought that one up is in need of therapy.

She's saying 'manga manga'. Italian for eat. Boy does she botch the accent. She sound more like an east indian.

bobrick
03-31-2008, 10:56 PM
wow almost two complete pages and no one has mentioned the specne diamonds commercials! sean jones has gotta be the dumbest president cauze he admits his adds suck, and yet he continues to air them.

ResAlien
03-31-2008, 11:47 PM
Easy for me. I don't know if you have them in Calgary but the "He went to Jared" commercials for diamonds. Just ######ed. Also the Molson commercials here where someone drops a bottle, smashes it, and a magical nature scene springs forth from the barroom floor like a bad trip, and people all stare at it like mouth breathing morons. Gimmie the Labatt bear, that was better.

RougeUnderoos
04-01-2008, 12:05 AM
That guy from The Colbert Report and "watching hockey, expected, drinking beer expected bla bla bla". That guy was actually funny on the show. That ad drives me to drink (not Canadian).

I'm plenty sick of the Telus ones too. Funny thing though -- I know a major international luxury brand actually considered (and may still be considering it) blatantly ripping it off and using it in the States because they've never seen it. It was and still is really successful. It is annoying but everyone knows it. Some of the songs they've used (I'm thinking specifically about the hippopotamus for Christmas) were huge for them. Whoever cooked that one up got a promotion.

Robbob
04-01-2008, 12:10 AM
I need to throw my hat in for the stupid panago guy that wears a hard hat while BBQing and while in the kitchen. They make me want to SMASH.

Sainters7
04-01-2008, 12:18 AM
Those Mountain Crest beer commercials. I wanna punch that guy in the face. Since when can you even buy beer cans at the bar anyways, let alone Mountain Crest beer cans?

dissentowner
04-01-2008, 12:19 AM
That new Listerine commercial where he hits the bag and the fluff comes flying out and the Listerine guy and the Toothbrush dude look like they just got the best BJ ever. All set to Rocky music too no less.

krazycanuck
04-01-2008, 12:22 AM
Those freakin shampoo commercials..Herbal Essence maybe where the girl has 6000 orgasms from shampooin her head...I don't want a constant reminder that a shampoo can do that to a woman but damned if I can!

hahahaha....classic!

or any tampon, yeast infection product commercial which always air mysteriously at the same time you are tryin to eat supper. I have an issue with hearing about yeast infections while tryin to eat mashed potato's or tampons while squeezing a ketchup bottle

agreed.

It's been mentioned many times, but fatass Panago guy needs to go. The Subway commercials are also an entirely new level of terrible. What the hell is that music? Also, the future shop commercials are pretty horrible...the one that was airing around Christmas with the guy choosing between a song and an ipod for his girlfriend was cringe worthy.

I actually don't mind the Telus commercials so much, aside from they really need to change those commercials up more often, that's something in general with canadian commercials...there are only 12 different commercials in rotation at any given time...i swear.

Titan
04-01-2008, 08:20 AM
This thread makes me so happy to have Tivo. You don't know true pain until you have Tivo, never have to watch these crappy commercials all season, and then go to the inlaws and watch the game there. My thumb twitched the whole time trying to fast forward the commercials. It was terrible, Jerry, terrible!!!

SeeGeeWhy
04-01-2008, 09:19 AM
All of them, which is why I have a PVR.

Russic
04-01-2008, 09:29 AM
I cannot believe the philosophical Toyota cowboy has only been mentioned once. I keep waiting for the truck to hit him, but it never does.

Telus is it's own joke, so I won't even start.

Hard hat panago guy just makes me angry. Nothing makes me want fatty food less then seeing chubby people sweat while talking about it.

How can I be the first person to mention the pepto ads with the people grabbing their asses, singing about diarrhea?

Thor
04-01-2008, 11:48 AM
SO agree with all the ones so far, can't STAND Telus and loathe those stupid banking commercials. YES quit trying to pretend you give a rats a s s about people.

For me though Walmart takes the cake, all they do is try to show themselves as this big caring company with their 'tug at the heart' commercials. They should do a reality one just once, have a walmart employee losing their trailor after the medical bills become too much.

Oh yeah, and I LOVE MY PVR, DIE COMMERICIALS DIE!

Mango
04-01-2008, 11:52 AM
She's saying 'manga manga'. Italian for eat. Boy does she botch the accent. She sound more like an east indian.

The rock climbing one annoys me the most, especially when the microwave appears.

Make it stop!

llama64
04-01-2008, 11:53 AM
I need to throw my hat in for the stupid panago guy that wears a hard hat while BBQing and while in the kitchen. They make me want to SMASH.

One of these days Panago is going to release a commercial featuring him getting "too close" to a fire roasted tomato pizza. As in "American Pie" close.

Seriously, I've had Panago pizza. Even Pizza Hut is better then that garbage.

Jayems
04-01-2008, 11:57 AM
How can I be the first person to mention the pepto ads with the people grabbing their asses, singing about diarrhea?

Hands down the most idiotic, annoying, useless adverts in the history of mankind.

Seriously. It seems as though they rounded up semi-######ed people from the local mental hospital and told them to act out what happens when they're alone... and filmed it.

CaptainCrunch
04-01-2008, 12:01 PM
The Toyota truck guy makes me never want to drive one. I don't want to become some long haired hippy who waxes on about Truck wisdom

The Panago guy, who the frick thinks its a good idea to have a fat guy as the spokes person for a inherantly fat guy food product. I'd feel guilty just looking at him.

Zoom Zoom Zoom, need I say more.

Feminine protection products that don't talk about mace or flame throwers or machine guns.

The Axe body commercial where the guy busts his head into the wall and peels off the dead skin. Dude there was a shower three feet away.

The Goon
04-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Those really generic BRAND POWER commercials that show up everywhere and has that woman with the dark hair and odd breasts walking through a supermarket.

I don't know why they drive me nuts, but they do. Maybe it's just how cheap they look.

Got Miikka?
04-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Yup, add another vote for the Telus ads and the Scotiabank ads - the new Scotiabank ad makes me feel vengeful during a hockey game the Flames could very well be winning.

"We're not nook people."

"So? No nook!"

I can't STAND the conceit and arrogance of that smarmy bitch, like no matter what those stupid people say she's got the answer.

sclitheroe
04-01-2008, 12:14 PM
calgaryjobshop.ca ... "what's my celery"

Ozy_Flame
04-01-2008, 12:20 PM
The Toyota Truck guy is far and away, the most redneckish, cliche driven piece of crap on TV today. Everytime I see it I want wring his neck, and drive that damn Tacoma into the Bow River.

The Telus commercials are long...LONG past their due date. It's practically cottage cheese by now.

I hate..HATE, HATE, HATE those milk commercials with the stupid cow ringing his bell at the end of them. Milk is not COOL, it's only HEALTHY.

The best on TV right now? The Mr. Sub commercials are great; so off-beat and well humored. The Don-Hertzfelt influenced Pop-tart commericals were brilliant too.

browna
04-01-2008, 12:22 PM
..the new Scotiabank ad makes me feel vengeful during a hockey game the Flames could very well be winning.

"We're not nook people."

"So? No nook!"

I can't STAND the conceit and arrogance of that smarmy bitch, like no matter what those stupid people say she's got the answer.

The part that gets me, is why do the customers break into chinese (?) in the middle of discussing the nook, other then the fact that it allows Scotiabank to proudly hold them up on a pedestal to everyone watching, that these actually are people of asian descent not just people that look asian?

4X4
04-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Another set of commercials are are so f'n stupid that I scramble for the mute button are the Nissan commercials. Especially that one where the guy comes running out of the house in the dog suit to scare away the cat on his car.

First time I saw that one, my buddy and I simultaneously looked at each other in disbelief and anger at the sheer lameness of it.

Burninator
04-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Any Tim Hortons commercial ever.

disco_inferno
04-01-2008, 12:34 PM
the "hockey that matters" followed by an oilers logo on sportsnet....ugh, i hate it

CaptainCrunch
04-01-2008, 12:38 PM
The acne one with the woman who points out that as a scientific researcher.

Locke
04-01-2008, 12:45 PM
the "hockey that matters" followed by an oilers logo on sportsnet....ugh, i hate it

I always thought that the "Loyalty Matters" commercial with Roloson was hysterically ironic.:D

J pold
04-01-2008, 12:50 PM
I hate the voice of the guy that does the promotions for the fan club and such

He constantly sounds like something is stuck of his nose, fricken hate that guy

Ozy_Flame
04-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Actually that Scotiabank commerical bothers me too. Not because they break into Chinese, but because when the banker suggests a "nook", they look at her like she just killed someone....It's just a flippin' suggestion! And it's just a flippin' nook! AAARGH, the arrogance of it all!

Any of those lawyer ads on the American channels really cheese me off too..."Were you hurt in an accident? Get your money now! Call J.G. Wentworth! I'll sue the pants off of anybody just to get you your millions and take a 15% cut!"

cheevers
04-01-2008, 12:53 PM
That cheese commercial where the family sings about cheese to the tune of "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" drive me nuts, ive never wished horrible things on small children, but i hate that entire family.

Also any Paul Brandt ford commercial, just awful.

CaptainCrunch
04-01-2008, 12:58 PM
Actually that Scotiabank commerical bothers me too. Not because they break into Chinese, but because when the banker suggests a "nook", they look at her like she just killed someone....It's just a flippin' suggestion! And it's just a flippin' nook! AAARGH, the arrogance of it all!

Any of those lawyer ads on the American channels really cheese me off too..."Were you hurt in an accident? Get your money now! Call J.G. Wentworth! I'll sue the pants off of anybody just to get you your millions and take a 15% cut!"

Come on, Jerry "The hammer" Shapiro's ads are awesome

DuffMan
04-01-2008, 01:09 PM
I hate the Canadian Tire couple. That guy with his stupid beard, and his better than you attitude. And then their stupid neighbor comes over,and starts to randomly take off rusted bolts on the car.
Wait a second, which edition of Commercials I can't stand thread is this anyway.

PVR has really changed my tv watching.

Jayems
04-01-2008, 01:13 PM
I hate the Canadian Tire couple. That guy with his stupid beard, and his better than you attitude. And then their stupid neighbor comes over,and starts to randomly take off rusted bolts on the car.
Wait a second, which edition of Commercials I can't stand thread is this anyway.

They pulled those ads a while ago and the new ones are actually pretty good now.

Metro Gnome
04-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Any "public service announcement" that delivers some bland, common sense "advice" and is funded with tax dollars make me want to punch strangers in the throat (ironically).

Flamesoholic
04-01-2008, 01:28 PM
Those really generic BRAND POWER commercials that show up everywhere and has that woman with the dark hair and odd breasts walking through a supermarket.

I don't know why they drive me nuts, but they do. Maybe it's just how cheap they look.

OMG YES! A thousand times....YES!
Few make me grab for the mute button faster. Thanks to this one and the Pepto ads, I have developed lightning fast reflexes to find, and press the mute button before a single, mind-bogglingly, annoying word is spoken. I have even woken up from a relaxing nap to find myself grabbing for the remote in order to silence these abominations.

DuffMan
04-01-2008, 01:50 PM

Plus the fake typewriter sound.
There's something about those breasts that always, makes me watch the whole commercial. Kind of like I'm under a spell or something. Odd, that you call them odd, but they're definitely on both our minds.

burn_this_city
04-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Head on..! Apply directly to your head

CaramonLS
04-01-2008, 01:59 PM
JG Wentworth.

What the f*** is with the production values of those commercials? They look like they were filmed in the dude's office with a camcorder and $5 props.

bigtmac19
04-01-2008, 02:03 PM

Add my vote to this. Hate these commercials with a passion.

BlackEleven
04-01-2008, 02:05 PM
That stupid Mac Air commercial where it comes out of the interoffice mail envelope.

Not so much because of the ad itself, but because it seems like its every 2nd or 3rd commercial playing on tv. Yes, its small! Yes, its cool and hip! I get it! Now leave me alone.

DuffMan
04-01-2008, 02:10 PM
Dudes don't talk about their hair.

Ozy_Flame
04-01-2008, 02:16 PM
Those Herpes medicine commericals are terrible too. I wouldn't be able to walk along the beach with my girlfriend knowing that I have one nasty STD. I'd be tearing my skin apart with a bar of soap in one hand and a crucifix in the other...

rubecube
04-01-2008, 02:21 PM
That cheese commercial where the family sings about cheese to the tune of "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" drive me nuts, ive never wished horrible things on small children, but i hate that entire family.

Also any Paul Brandt ford commercial, just awful.

Yep...especially the ones where he's a drill sergeant. I'll tell you what, if you're taking a severe brow-beating from Paul Brandt you need to stand in front of a mirror and really question your manhood.

troutman
04-01-2008, 02:39 PM
This site is devoted to hated commericals. This thread is about the Digiorno pizza ads being shown during the NCAA tourney (the one where the guys are watching the game in the backyard, and the husband is a real dick to his wife):

http://forums.commercialsihate.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10511

Sainters7
04-01-2008, 03:03 PM
This site is devoted to hated commericals. This thread is about the Digiorno pizza ads being shown during the NCAA tourney (the one where the guys are watching the game in the backyard, and the husband is a real dick to his wife):

A guy's avy in that thread reminded me of another commercial I hate. Those "Zoom Zoom" Mazda ones. What a stupid jingle: "Zoom zoom zoom! A-zoom zoom zoom...a-zoom zoom zoom!"

Locke
04-01-2008, 03:07 PM

I love the fact that hating Billy Mays has its own subforum!:D

4X4
04-01-2008, 03:25 PM
How about those idiotic Listerine commercials with the giant bottle and toothbrush... Or those moneytree commercials with the people dressed up as caterpillars? So many people that need to die, so few bullets.

The Yen Man
04-01-2008, 03:29 PM
How about those idiotic Listerine commercials with the giant bottle and toothbrush... Or those moneytree commercials with the people dressed up as caterpillars? So many people that need to die, so few bullets.

Really? I thought the Listerne commercial where he's training with the Toothbrush guy, and hitting that punching bag with the big "Gingavitis" sign above it was pretty funny.

4X4
04-01-2008, 03:38 PM
Really? I thought the Listerne commercial where he's training with the Toothbrush guy, and hitting that punching bag with the big "Gingavitis" sign above it was pretty funny.

Maybe I'm biased because I once endured a comedy act at a fledgling comedy club performed by the guy that dresses up as the Listerine bottle (I know this because the guy spent 5 minutes trying to get the crowd to recognize him and then told us that that's who he was). The set was brutally unfunny.

Or maybe I just hate those commercials because it involves fully grown people wearing toothbrush costumes. Adults should not wear costumes unless they're either robbing a bank or goofing off on halloween.

Sainters7
04-01-2008, 03:38 PM

x2. My buddy dressed up as the Listerine guy for Halloween a couple years back, I thought it was hysterical.

Also, am I the only one that misses the Canadian Tire guy? I seriously loved that guy, he was so arrogant and superior with his neighbours that it was pure comedy. I was seriously so disappointed when they finally axed him.

J pold
04-01-2008, 04:01 PM
That Subway commercial with the monkey sub where that awful music seems to twice as loud as the show you are watching

TheDragon
04-01-2008, 04:11 PM
Anything by Telus Mobility or Apple. Their ads are almost identical to each other.

-White background.
-Teeth-clenchingly annoying soundtrack, that gradually burns itself into what my own personal Hell would sound like.
-Played at least 73 times, each, in a Flames' broadcast.

The Yen Man
04-01-2008, 04:24 PM
Anything by Telus Mobility or Apple. Their ads are almost identical to each other.

-White background.
-Teeth-clenchingly annoying soundtrack, that gradually burns itself into what my own personal Hell would sound like.
-Played at least 73 times, each, in a Flames' broadcast.

Telus has been using the same ad campaign since they bought out Clearnet way back in the day. Yah, we get it. It was award winning back in the day. But they're getting so repetitive and old now. Talk about over-milking an idea.

ricosuave
04-01-2008, 07:38 PM
anyone else find those 1stop service commercials that air during sportsnet broadcasts to be really really creepy?

Rhetts_the_Best
04-01-2008, 08:30 PM
The one where they have the ex convicts, trying to go on vacation in the city!
ex: hes playing golf on a busy street or tanning in the sun on the side of the street with a coconut drink!
They can still golfing, or go to the beach
they just cant go out of the country!

They blow it way out of proportion.

HelloHockeyFans
04-01-2008, 08:53 PM
All Apple ads with the Mac guy and the PC guy.

schnee
04-02-2008, 06:54 AM

They pulled those ads a while ago and the new ones are actually pretty good now.

Yeah.. they split up (http://www.thehammer.ca/content/view.php?news=2005-08-15-canadian-tire-divorce) some time ago.
"We hadn't made love in our inflatable BYO Bed, complete with Memory Foam, in over a year. All he seemed to care about was his...stuff."

ricosuave
04-02-2008, 06:35 PM

you should be happy about this then... probably posted here before though...
http://www.thehammer.ca/content/view.php?news=2005-08-15-canadian-tire-divorce

Shnabdabber
04-02-2008, 07:41 PM
That Subway commercial with the monkey sub where that awful music seems to twice as loud as the show you are watching

The commercials are supposed to be louder... the reasoning is that most people get up during commercial breaks to grab snacks, blast a turd and so on and so forth... so they crank the commercials vs the show so that the audience can still hear the commercials from outside their living room. Sneaky s.

Anywho... I do not watch much tv, but one ad on radio I cannot stand is the ad for that Carstairs dealership. "We should change the name of Carstairs to... *gasp* TRUCKSTAIRS! DURR!"

DuffMan
04-02-2008, 11:31 PM
There's a good one on Spike I've seen a few times tonight. Extenz dick enhancer. It's pretty funny when they are saying, "scientifically proven" etc. and then show 4 guys in lab coats standing around a table mixing chemicals. Good stuff.

Kjesse
04-02-2008, 11:41 PM
lots of bad ones mentioned here.

How about the Lite96 one with Liza Gibbons... it used to be blasted so loud, now its just normal but still annoying.

And only one mention for Head On? Wow....

krazycanuck
04-02-2008, 11:52 PM
There's a good one on Spike I've seen a few times tonight. Extenz dick enhancer. It's pretty funny when they are saying, "scientifically proven" etc. and then show 4 guys in lab coats standing around a table mixing chemicals. Good stuff.

...and it never made "that special part of my male anatomy" bigger either. ######bags.

4X4
04-02-2008, 11:57 PM
The commercials are supposed to be louder... the reasoning is that most people get up during commercial breaks to grab snacks, blast a turd and so on and so forth... so they crank the commercials vs the show so that the audience can still hear the commercials from outside their living room. Sneaky s.

From what I understand, the reason commercials *seem* louder is because there is a maximum allowable volume for television programming and commercials tend to go with the maximum. You just happen to be watching a show that isn't at a segment that is utilizing it's maximum volume allowance.

I kinda believe this explanation because when I'm watching hockey, the commercials don't seem so loud, but when watching some kind of drama, especially with a very quiet pause, the commercial tends to suddenly blare out of the speakers.

Eastern Girl
04-03-2008, 12:13 AM
I mentioned this one in another "commercials I hate" thread, but the insurance ad at the hockey rink with the little girl asking about what he can insure. "I love my shoes!" "Can you make my dad a better hockey player?" My blood boils when I see it. I would love to hurt that kid, a lot. It would be worth seeing jail time at this point.

CIBC is also putting out some crappy commercials.

That car commercial that has the weird music playing and the guy trying to get to his girlfriend at the airport, and he catches up to her and says, "I have something to tell you" and then it just ends. Hate it.

I also hate all the Axe body spray ads. Apparently women are sluts for beer AND body spray now.

I also hate all the Viagra, Cyalis, etc, commercials. Gross. And same with all the female personal products. I think all those commercials should be limited to just showing the logo and slogan and that's it. Three seconds tops. No stupid scenarios with people walking on the beach or doing quartwheels, etc. Just the logo and the slogan, done.

Sainters7
04-03-2008, 12:40 AM
I also hate all the Axe body spray ads. Apparently women are sluts for beer AND body spray now.

The funny thing is, they seem to be extremely effective on junior high/high school boys. I was visiting relatives in Vancouver and when I went to use the downstairs bathroom, which is essentially their 16 year old son's, the counter looked like an Axe body spray warehouse. He seriously must've had every kind ever made. I suppose at that age you're so hopelessly horny you'll pretty much believe anything, I'm sure I was no different.

Another one that drives me nuts are those touchy-feely Tim Horton's "true story" ones, like that Asian guy with his dad at the hockey rink. Colour me heartless, but I just rolled my eyes whenever I saw it.

J pold
04-03-2008, 08:46 AM
Another is that new CIBC one where the women is trying to decide weather or not too buy a house

It cuts to like 3 people giving useless advice than too the lady from CIBC that looks right into the camera like 2 times!

However I can’t help but think how much cleavage that women would be sporting if she didn’t have that undershirt on under her sweater

habernac
04-03-2008, 08:59 AM
can't believe no one's mentioned this one yet. I can't remember the product, I've driven the name out of my head. But it's some kind of microwavable dinner. "Honey, tell me when dinner's ready." Two seconds later, she comes back into the garage "Dinner's ready!" and the guy lets out the most pathetic scream I've ever heard. Seriously, how does this crap even get out of the test phase?

I liked the one where the Nissan owner tore the shirt off the guy and polished the car with it. My 2 year old loves the Telus ones and the Subway moneky one, maybe that's their target audience?

Titan
04-03-2008, 09:00 AM
Well I just sent an email to the fan about the Approved Mortgages orgasm commercial. It is way over the top and not appropriate. I'm making dinner with my 6 year old and that comes on? WDF? I change the channel and told the fan that is what I do. Hopefully it stops.

MaxPower
04-03-2008, 09:21 AM
There's a new Boston Pizza one that plays on x92.9 every 17 minutes.... An opera singer bellowing on about pasta or something, the lyrics are just brutal... I'm embarrassed for whoever wrote that.

MissTeeks
04-03-2008, 09:26 AM
The calgaryjobshop.ca commercial with the little kid makes me want to gag everytime I hear it. I also hate those stupid "ridiculous moment" commercials for AutoValue Autoparts. I swear they have a new version of it every day on the Fan and they get worse each time.

Titan
04-03-2008, 09:30 AM
There's a new Boston Pizza one that plays on x92.9 every 17 minutes.... An opera singer bellowing on about pasta or something, the lyrics are just brutal... I'm embarrassed for whoever wrote that.

Another station change for me.

I don't get the thought process behind making an ad with sounds that make people wince. Screaming or whistles or cell phones or fake opera are bad. People think bad things when they hear these noises and you want to be associated with that? I don't get it.

I also hate hearing people eat or slurp. I think Subway was bad for this a while ago. Definite station changers those.

Finally, I don't actually mind the caljobshop ads. The writing is pretty original and they definately get the point across well. Kind of like the Fountain tire doofus. I can see how they can get annoying though.

troutman
04-03-2008, 10:21 AM
The jobshop ads are actually a slick national campaign in the US and Canada. I heard the exact same ads in Montana, but it was montanajobshop.com. There must be a version in every big North American market.

Coach
04-03-2008, 11:33 AM
The pizza place adds (I forget which one, Papa Johns maybe) with the construction worker thats always saying stupid stuff. Dammit I hate that guy. Every time I see it i would rather throw my phone through the f'in TV.

Titan
04-03-2008, 11:52 AM
The jobshop ads are actually a slick national campaign in the US and Canada. I heard the exact same ads in Montana, but it was montanajobshop.com. There must be a version in every big North American market.

I think they even say that in the ads. "Part of a network of 330 local sites." or something.

Burninator
04-03-2008, 12:13 PM
That way over dramatic Ford commercial for the Fusion (I think). It's a car racing through all this computer generated landscape and the driver gets out at the end and stops his girl at the airport and says "I have something to tell you" or some garbage like that. It's a really bizarre ad.

J pold
04-03-2008, 12:15 PM
That way over dramatic Ford commercial for the Fusion (I think). It's a car racing through all this computer generated landscape and the driver gets out at the end and stops his girl at the airport and says "I have something to tell you" or some garbage like that. It's a really bizarre ad.
Yeah no kidding

And people wonder why Ford is an awful awful company

Misterpants
04-03-2008, 12:42 PM
The pizza place adds (I forget which one, Papa Johns maybe) with the construction worker thats always saying stupid stuff. Dammit I hate that guy. Every time I see it i would rather throw my phone through the f'in TV.

You mean the Panago's "everyman" that wears rubber boots while bbq-ing? Those commercials ruined my remote from it being hurled at the T.V. I remember during last years playoffs, that mish mash of italian/construction/east coast stereotypes was on twice every commercial break drooling over filling his fat piehole with "freakin cheez".

GirlySports
04-03-2008, 02:08 PM
The commercial where the guy and girl (models) are in a boxing ring are going to fight instead they end up making out.

That commercial is so dumb I forget what the product is.

An older stoopid one is a cell phone commercial where the guy gets off the subway and cuts the girl with his PHONE. Then they swordfight with CELLPHONES!

Ozy_Flame
04-03-2008, 02:29 PM
The commercial where the guy and girl (models) are in a boxing ring are going to fight instead they end up making out.

That commercial is so dumb I forget what the product is.

An older stoopid one is a cell phone commercial where the guy gets off the subway and cuts the girl with his PHONE. Then they swordfight with CELLPHONES!

Yup, both commericals are lame. Here we have two post-modern fashion models getting off on shirtless hotel room horseplaying, all for the love of body butter. Second, we have almost the same two idiot models in a completely over-the-top "I'm hot, let me show you my physique" cell-phone duel. Stupid, stupid, stupid. At least have two complete opposites doing the fighting, like say, Woody Allen and Heidi Klum!

BEST COMMERICAL - Mr. Sub commericals are the best on TV right now. Their string of off-beat awkwardness ads are gold. Alot of fun to watch, IMO.

bluejays
04-03-2008, 02:40 PM
My recent list:

Subway ads - everyone knows and hates them

(INSERT GENERIC POKER BRAND HERE) - either ridiculously crappy sound editing or stupid story for a dumb commercial (and the designers think it was cleaver). The one where the guy is in a lab coat and holigraphic generic people are in the background at desks I'll never understand and I absolutely hate.

Rogers - the horseshoe bald guy sitting at the patio table talking about his Rogers home phone and everyone talking about it. Yeesh. Hate the guy.

4X4
04-04-2008, 07:18 AM
Telus has really crossed the line now. They used one of my favorite happy songs in one of their ######ed commercials. My morning is ruined. Little Green Bag has been befouled by the Telus corporation.

Sainters7
04-04-2008, 10:55 AM
You mean the Panago's "everyman" that wears rubber boots while bbq-ing? Those commercials ruined my remote from it being hurled at the T.V. I remember during last years playoffs, that mish mash of italian/construction/east coast stereotypes was on twice every commercial break drooling over filling his fat piehole with "freakin cheez".

The hilarious part is, Panago uses him because they think the average guy relates with him. Good to see that Panago thinks we're all a bunch of morons.

chid
04-04-2008, 11:42 AM
BEST COMMERICAL - Mr. Sub commericals are the best on TV right now. Their string of off-beat awkwardness ads are gold. Alot of fun to watch, IMO.

I love that old granny one where she steals the guy's sub and rolls onto the ground "Somebody help, please, he's hurting me" while stuffing her face with his sub.

Machiavelli
04-04-2008, 01:19 PM
I love that old granny one where she steals the guy's sub and rolls onto the ground "Somebody help, please, he's hurting me" while stuffing her face with his sub.

I think the one with the guy in all-body traction in the hospital when the nurse steals his sub is even better.

rubecube
04-04-2008, 03:18 PM
My favorite Mr. Sub commercial was the "toasted buns" one.

EDIT: Found it!

ngYVLEr5-Os

chid
04-04-2008, 03:22 PM
I think the one with the guy in all-body traction in the hospital when the nurse steals his sub is even better.

I haven't seen it!!

Dan02
04-04-2008, 03:24 PM
Hands down it's the bouncing car commercial that annoys me most.

troutman
04-04-2008, 03:27 PM
"Andrew, it's dry and doesn't even smell bad".

rubecube
04-04-2008, 03:30 PM

<mouth continues to move for 10 seconds after line is completed>

Machiavelli
04-04-2008, 03:51 PM

OMG I completely forgot about that commercial after they stopped showing it a million times a day. Worse. Commercial. EVER.

If they didn't mean for it to be that horrible, they are complete idiots.

No, either way they are complete morons.

CaptainCrunch
04-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Those stupid Micelina food commercials with the old Italian lady cramming food down peoples throats while muttering

"Letta mamma feeda you"

"is good"

Canuck-Hater
04-04-2008, 05:26 PM
All of them. Thats the one thing that can make you crazy watching a whole hockey season, commercials, commercials, and when its not a commercial the ads are all over the boards.:blink:

Nuje
04-04-2008, 06:48 PM
The Approved mortgage Yes orgasm one is terrible (gets some funny looks at work). The previous one where the guy said Yes 3 times (and yells it for 10 seconds on the third try) seemed to get taken off quickly. I've already e-mailed about the orgasm one, AND the Boston Pizza opera singer one. I haven't been able to win the battle of the Calgary Job Shop ones. Must say, good site, but my LORD are the commercials irritating.

Delthefunky
04-04-2008, 11:14 PM
All Commercials suck.. I have relatives over from europe and they can't believe how long the segments are and how ty/stupid they all are. Some might be SOMEWHAT funny at first, but suck slowly over time until they drive you mad.

One that I kinda find funny right now on the FAN960 is "The sword is like your transmission son..." one.

I like Bill Hicks take on Marketing people. EVIL.

DuffMan
04-07-2008, 01:52 PM
The one I shake my head at now is the guy throwing his keys off of the top floor of the parking garage.

why is he on the passenger side of his vehicle and looks like he is heading towards the edge.
did his friend follow him or just happened to be on the top floor of an empty parking garage at the same time
who cares about a 10,000 Suzuki.
he could hurt someone throwing his keys off of there.

J pold
04-07-2008, 02:05 PM
On a more positive note

Autotrader has come up with some great commericals of late

"Oh I'm 37"

"Oh well I was looking for someone a bit younger...actually a lot younger"

Or the

"Must be 16 years of age" with a parody of those late night call adds

Brilliant!

czure32
04-07-2008, 05:41 PM
ARGHHHH!!!
TSN has started playing those stupid crispy crunch commercials again where its just the old guy pretending to be a hypnotist

since watching macguires monsters and the playoff draft show ive seen it atleast 3 more times than I ever wanted to, because once is enough to drive you mad

Crispy's Critter
04-07-2008, 06:44 PM

well, the reason for that is that it was directed by the same guy who directed all those kung fu movies in the '70's

pylon
04-07-2008, 06:59 PM
I am definitely in the Panago camp. Anyone who has worked at a pizza place, knows the amount of human contact that comes into play while rolling out dough, and the thought of some big, hairy, chicago construction worker guy handling my food just makes it a write off for me. And whats with the frikkin hard hat at all occasions? Is the guy a special adult or something, that needs to be protected when out in public?

Close second... Toyota truck. Getting some skinny, philisophical drifter pimping your Trucks just somehow loses the core market.

bluejays
04-07-2008, 07:23 PM
I can't believe nobody has mentioned it yet, but I don't think I've hated any commercial more than the Alexander Keith's beer commercials. Absolutely hated all of them and never understood any of them either. Anyone else hate these stupid commercials?

Burninator
04-07-2008, 07:25 PM
I can't believe nobody has mentioned it yet, but I don't think I've hated any commercial more than the Alexander Keith's beer commercials. Absolutely hated all of them and never understood any of them either. Anyone else hate these stupid commercials?
Yeah they are dumb. I suppose they are aiming to be funny, but they missed their target big time with me.

BuzzardsWife
04-07-2008, 10:29 PM
The Wal Mart one where the couple meets in the aisle and high five each other. My husband and I have been high fiving each other ever since we first saw it, we call it the wal mart high five. Very childish I know, but it's just too dumb a commercial not to make fun of.

icarus
04-07-2008, 10:31 PM
Any commercial with Eric Francis in it (i.e. Jack FM).

BuzzardsWife
04-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Ohhh I have the winner! From a woman's point of view anyway. The tampon commercial that says 'Have a happy period'. 2 days of every month I wanna hunt the person down that wrote that commercial, and do really bad things to 'HIM'. It has to be a 'HIM'.

Flames_18_22_12
04-07-2008, 10:46 PM
The Telus Parrot commercial that we see 20 times per period during Flames games.

So, Flames don't play tonight, I check to see what is going on in the world of Calgarypuck, the advertisement is that stupid parrot bobbing its head.

Montana Moe
04-07-2008, 11:13 PM
The Telus Parrot commercial that we see 20 times per period during Flames games.

So, Flames don't play tonight, I check to see what is going on in the world of Calgarypuck, the advertisement is that stupid parrot bobbing its head.

My kids, ages 2 1/2 and 10 months, love the Parrot commercial! Granted, the only time we see it is during Flames games since we don't have Telus here in MT. I could see if it was on at other times it would get very annoying.

Personally, I hate the stupid McRib commercials. A line to get into McDonald's for the return of the McRib is flat out ridiculous.

tkflames
04-07-2008, 11:16 PM
THAT FRIGGEN HYPNOTIST for Crispy Crunch or Coffee Crisp or whatever it is.

MaxPower
04-08-2008, 09:18 AM
I just remembered this one because I haven't seen it for a while, but that A&W commercial where the guy gets his dad a grandpa burger instead of a papa burger ("Grandpa Burger??!!!?!") makes me want to crash my car into oncoming traffic. Please God, don't let me end up like those people.

BCReefer
04-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Thank God I am not the only one tired of Subway. In Vancouver I have to listen to "Big Daddy" Pratt do his Telus commercial. My car pool buddy and I instantly change the channel, I have no idea if what Telus is trying to sell me is any good since I change the Channel.

hey Reggie how about a "Stupid Telus" laughing face you always do.

lastly - must the commercial be 5 times louder than the show? Good Lord how many times do I have to mute the TV because of commercials.

GirlySports
04-15-2008, 12:00 PM
I just remembered this one because I haven't seen it for a while, but that A&W commercial where the guy gets his dad a grandpa burger instead of a papa burger ("Grandpa Burger??!!!?!") makes me want to crash my car into oncoming traffic. Please God, don't let me end up like those people.

That one is annoying.

But I like the new A&W commercial where the girl give the guy her phone number and he doesn't care :)

I have to agree with tkflames! THAT FRIGGEN HYPNOTIST for Crispy Crunch

ONE NOSED JACK
04-15-2008, 12:14 PM
I'm with Cheevers that cheese family loving pop quartet needs a good woopin.... R E S T T T T .... whatever

Salt Water Cowboy #10
04-15-2008, 12:52 PM
those gawd awful Opera singing Boston Pizza comercials on fan960. I turn it off everytime they come on. I will never step foot in a BPs ever again due to the commercial.

Its a blatant annoying commercial to make you remember BPs. and I will, trust me BPs, i'll @#$%ing remember!!!!

J pold
04-15-2008, 01:11 PM
I cannot stand the voice of the guy who does the promos for the fan

His tone is always changing and it’s just awful

Drives me nuts.

You Need a Thneed
04-15-2008, 01:23 PM
My 2 year old loves the Telus ones and the Subway moneky one, maybe that's their target audience?
Same with my 11 month old. She's just facinated by those, she usually stops what she is doing, watches the whole commercial, then when that commercial is done, goes back to waht she was doing.

I'm going to need a deprogramming service by the time she's 2.

J pold
04-15-2008, 01:43 PM
THAT FRIGGEN HYPNOTIST for Crispy Crunch or Coffee Crisp or whatever it is.
Really?

It’s pretty original and clever IMO

stang
04-15-2008, 01:54 PM
Ohhh I have the winner! From a woman's point of view anyway. The tampon commercial that says 'Have a happy period'. 2 days of every month I wanna hunt the person down that wrote that commercial, and do really bad things to 'HIM'. It has to be a 'HIM'.

My wife hates that one too.

I quote "Have a happy period? you!"

I dont watch many commercials... Thats peeing and beer time.

SteveToms
04-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Those new Yellow Pages commericals are bad.

Bertuzzied
04-15-2008, 02:02 PM
That one is annoying.

But I like the new A&W commercial where the girl give the guy her phone number and he doesn't care :)

Hmm I think they look like brother and sister. Incest angle to sell Teen Burgers should not be taken lightly. hehe

The Goon
04-15-2008, 02:06 PM
The one that I like that is purely gratuitous:

The Uncle Ben's rice ad where "it's ready before you are" and a woman with a great rack runs into the kitchen wearing a cleavage-enhancing bra because her rice is already done.

Terribly obvious what they're doing, but I don't mind.

DuffMan
04-15-2008, 02:52 PM
the flowmax gang is really getting on my nerves.

bradster57
04-15-2008, 03:13 PM
The Wal Mart one where the couple meets in the aisle and high five each other. My husband and I have been high fiving each other ever since we first saw it, we call it the wal mart high five. Very childish I know, but it's just too dumb a commercial not to make fun of.

Has anyone mentioned that Wal Mart ad where the employees stalk the family saying "It's true!"

Russic
04-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Those stupid Micelina food commercials with the old Italian lady cramming food down peoples throats while muttering

"Letta mamma feeda you"

"is good"

I still think they're miles ahead of Micelina ads when they used the "macarena" song.

I also hate the Rogers home phone guy who talks about it like he invented it, and then takes the phone call and says "oh you've heard of Rogers home phone?". God I want to punch that guy in the jaw.

Regarding the hypnotist, every single time I see it I turn to my wife and say "what the hell is this a commercial for again?", and then the end of the commercial he says "When I clap my hands you will remember nothing". Then we laugh.

Eastern Girl
04-15-2008, 04:48 PM

I didn't want to mention that one, given the lack of girls on this board, but totally agree with you. I find it to be so patronizing.

"Have a happy period"
"F*** you!"

Like telling a guy to enjoy his premature ejaculation or impotence.

4X4
04-15-2008, 04:59 PM
I also hate the Rogers home phone guy who talks about it like he invented it, and then takes the phone call and says "oh you've heard of Rogers home phone?". God I want to punch that guy in the jaw.

Ryan...Brian...Gozion...:mad:

"Have a happy period"
"F*** you!"

Like telling a guy to enjoy his premature ejaculation or impotence.

LOL!!

The Fonz
04-15-2008, 07:16 PM
"How about a breakfast nook?"

*chinese bickering* - "....we're not nook people...."

*eyes wide open, grinning stupidly* - "Fine! No nook!"

icarus
04-15-2008, 09:14 PM
"How about a breakfast nook?"

*chinese bickering* - "....we're not nook people...."

*eyes wide open, grinning stupidly* - "Fine! No nook!"Scotiabank has overtaken McCain's as being king of the consistently brutal commercials. Such a lack of effort demands boycotting.

Joborule
04-15-2008, 11:13 PM
The one that I like that is purely gratuitous:

The Uncle Ben's rice ad where "it's ready before you are" and a woman with a great rack runs into the kitchen wearing a cleavage-enhancing bra because her rice is already done.

Terribly obvious what they're doing, but I don't mind.
Same with me, I like those commercials. Any commercial without dialog, and a hot girl doing simple, non-stupid things are good in my books.

The less annoying lines, the better! :D

4X4
04-15-2008, 11:18 PM
Scotiabank has overtaken McCain's as being king of the consistently brutal commercials. Such a lack of effort demands boycotting.F.U. icarus. I had McCains commercials repressed into the deep depths of my psyche until I read your post. Now I've got "crispy bite sized taters that have all the flavour" mocking me from within my own head.
As soon as a seat sale is advertised, I will be in Oz to kill you.

flylock shox
04-15-2008, 11:18 PM
Same with me, I like those commercials. Any commercial without dialog, and a hot girl doing simple, non-stupid things are good in my books.

Disagree on this one.

Distracting me from her rack are her gut-reducing pantaloons. Makes me think she's probably got a cellulite-ridden spare tire squeezed away under there from too much microwaved crap.

Oh. And her friggen microwave makes the exact same sound mine does - so everytime this commercial's on in the other room I run to the kitchen to make sure nothing's on fire.

icarus
04-15-2008, 11:20 PM
F.U. icarus. I had McCains commercials repressed into the deep depths of my psyche until I read your post. Now I've got "crispy bite sized taters that have all the flavour" mocking me from within my own head.
As soon as a seat sale is advertised, I will be in Oz to kill you.But once you are here your ire will be assuaged by the far less annoying Australian McCain's ads. "Ah McCain's, you've done it again!"

Ro
04-15-2008, 11:40 PM
During game 3, RH_Flames_Fan and I were making friendly wagers on what commercial would come next, seeing as there are only about 15 of them in rotation.

-The Scotiabank nook people
-The Subway monkeys
-The Bud Light one with the credibility ticker
-The Home Depot guy talking to the orange box
-The cute chick from Home Hardware telling us about beauty tone flexrock
-The hot chick in that stupid car commercial at the airport who says "what is it?"
-Ron McLean visits Beijing
-"Social Life Accelerator" roller coaster Ford bullcrap
-Mark Messier bringing the Cup to my house
-Samsung spinning TV psychedelic waste of 30 seconds
-Cat avoids dogs in Kia van
-Couple humping while the dog tries to get out and the sprinkler floods the neighborhood
-Guy at Wendy's who gets the girl's phone number and uses it to wipe his mouth
-Overdubbed Party Poker one with the motorbikes/"my mom' joke

It's sad that I remember all those, and that we were actually betting about which stupid one was going to come up next.

4X4
04-15-2008, 11:43 PM
But once you are here your ire will be assuaged by the far less annoying Australian McCain's ads. "Ah McCain's, you've done it again!"

Ire? IRE? You underestimate my all-consuming hatred for McCains commercials. McCains is at least 30% responsible for the fact that my television consumption is limited to Discovery Channel, hockey, whatever reruns are on channel 49 and TNG reruns on any channel.

This is the perfect excuse to head down under. I was going to fit it in to the Asia trip planned for next Feb., but dropping by early to take out a mortal enemy doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Locke and icarus. Two future victims of 4x4's "ire". The board will miss you guys. I wont.:mad:

Ironhorse
04-15-2008, 11:46 PM
During game 3, RH_Flames_Fan and I were making friendly wagers on what commercial would come next, seeing as there are only about 15 of them in rotation.
Let us not forget that ######ed "hands up in the air" casino ad. :confused:

Ro
04-15-2008, 11:49 PM
Let us not forget that ######ed "hands up in the air" casino ad. :confused:

Or the rival casino ad featuring Joe Thornton's brother with neanderthal down's syndrome in the background who says "like that time at Fallsview Casino' and then makes an "o" face. Ridiculous.

bluejays
04-16-2008, 01:04 PM
Or the rival casino ad featuring Joe Thornton's brother with neanderthal down's syndrome in the background who says "like that time at Fallsview Casino' and then makes an "o" face. Ridiculous.

Lol. I couldn't caption that commercial any better. That guy in the background looks like an idiot. And don't know if it was a joke or not, but I didn't know it was Thornton's brother?

GirlySports
04-16-2008, 03:30 PM
I dont like those "SURPRISE" popcorn commercials either!

GreenLantern
04-16-2008, 03:36 PM
Basically all Subway commercials are garbage.

MissTeeks
04-16-2008, 03:56 PM
Oh. And her friggen microwave makes the exact same sound mine does - so everytime this commercial's on in the other room I run to the kitchen to make sure nothing's on fire.

The thing that bothers me about this commercial is that they have the microwave timer counting up. I know it's to show it only takes two minutes to cook but it drives me nuts!

dissentowner
04-16-2008, 04:01 PM
There is some air freshning product commercial that came on the other night and a guy picks up his cat and smells it and then spays the air freshner into the air. Wouldn't bathing the cat be a better start??? Stupid...

ken0042
04-16-2008, 04:15 PM
Speaking of air freshener, does anybody here really think Fabreeze smells good? Never mind good enough to make you want to sniff some more?

I know I use it to make things that smell like crap to smell less like crap. Hockey bag, garbage can, etc.

I can't imagine wanting the house to smell like that.

jammies
04-16-2008, 05:40 PM
There is some air freshning product commercial that came on the other night and a guy picks up his cat and smells it and then spays the air freshner into the air. Wouldn't bathing the cat be a better start??? Stupid...

My cat smells like well-cured dope. Why would I want to smell chemical pine trees instead?

Further, cat's aren't usually stinky - they should have used a dog. I've smelled some dogs where I wasn't sure if the experience would leave my nasal passages permanently damaged.

Machiavelli
04-20-2008, 06:52 PM
Just saw another terrible one during Game 6

A Monistat commercial for treatment of yeast infections where they have talking bubbles coming out of girls' boxes.

I know what a yeast infection is; I don't want to picture them at the site of action

Kidder
04-20-2008, 06:57 PM
Just saw another terrible one during Game 6

A Monistat commercial for treatment of yeast infections where they have talking bubbles coming out of girls' boxes.

I know what a yeast infection is; I don't want to picture them at the site of action

Haha, I just saw that one. Agree.... terrible.

My initial reaction: Are they allowed to do that?

Eastern Girl
04-20-2008, 06:58 PM
^ That's what I was thinking. We've crossed a line here with these types of commercials. I hope we can go back.

Hack&Lube
04-20-2008, 07:00 PM
Anything that is on CBC or Sportsnet. Especially on Sportsnet.

I want the Toyota guy (just what the hell is that supposed to be anyway? parody? comedy? serious?) and the Panago fat construction guy to be brutally attacked by the animals on the Telus commericials and have it all burn down in a blaze of glory. Also, I will never shop at Safeway or wear a Buluva men's watch...or goto speedy auto glass.

Mean Mr. Mustard
04-20-2008, 07:14 PM
Hannah Montana!..... Milie Cyrus!..... Hannah Montana!....

iamca
04-20-2008, 07:45 PM
Those Fox hockey commercials that they just change the team, but everything else is the same...BRUTAL! Worse if you live in the US, because they play them to death.

Ford commerical where they swap vehicles and that chick that says "like" every other word... and says something incoherent about being "luxurious"...makes me wanna puke.

Enterprise rental car, "Hello Enterprise, I'm at the repair shop..." stupidity.

Eastern Girl
04-20-2008, 08:02 PM
I hate the Wendys commercials with the girl doing the voiceover saying "It's waaaay delicious." Terrible that they've adopted valley girl speak as their slogan.

Crispy's Critter
04-20-2008, 09:04 PM
can't believe noone has mentioned the stupid tim horton's roast beef sandwich commercial where the stupid 'family' or whatever is sitting down eating in a furniture warehouse. All I can say is WTF???

driveway
04-21-2008, 12:15 AM
I have to this day refused to purchase any Dr. Scholls "Gellin" insoles, even though they look really comfy, based on my deep and passionate loathing for their 'Are you Gellin?' add campaign.

dissentowner
04-21-2008, 05:31 AM
That Gigaloo lubricant commercial where the end scene is an old lady taking the can upstairs with her...grosse! Right now the current champion has to be the "No Nook" commercial though. Every other commercial is this one and I am now hoping Scotiabank headquarters burns to the ground! "What about a breakfast nook?" "NO NOOK, SUCKY SUCKY, TWO DOLLA!!!"

ken0042
04-21-2008, 07:23 AM
"What about a breakfast nook?" "NO NOOK, SUCKY SUCKY, TWO DOLLA!!!"

The more I see that comercial; the more I wonder if we are missing the joke they wanted to give.

What if the Asian couple is mistaking the word "nook" for "nookie."

It is hard to imagine; their English accents seem to indicate that they have been in Canada for decades, but you never know.

I know we have some Asian members on the board. Does anybody know what language they are speaking; and if so what they are saying?

Machiavelli
04-21-2008, 07:34 AM
I know we have some Asian members on the board. Does anybody know what language they are speaking; and if so what they are saying?

Someone posted it I think in a gameday thread but apparently they are speaking Mandarin and the guy asks his wife, "What does 'nook' mean?" and she responds by saying "Like what your sister has in her kitchen."

ZDogg
04-21-2008, 09:09 AM
Add me to the Nook Haters. I was about to rip my tv out during game 5 when that thing on every commercial break. Glad I came in here and saw all the negative comments about it... I thought it was just me. :D

As mentioned by someone else... lets go burn the Scotiabank head office down before they play it any more. :ph34r:

GirlySports
04-21-2008, 09:21 AM
Someone posted it I think in a gameday thread but apparently they are speaking Mandarin and the guy asks his wife, "What does 'nook' mean?" and she responds by saying "Like what your sister has in her kitchen."

Yup that's what they say.

I actually kind of like that commercial. That's pretty much a normal conversation I would have with my banker.

Now my mom is racist, when she saw it she said "This commercial is wrong, why would Chinese people need banking advice from a white person?"... :rolleyes:

Rhettzky
04-21-2008, 09:40 AM
Another poster mentioned it but those dumb popcorn shakers from Orville Reddenbacher can lick my taint. What the hell is that guy on the couch doing? He looks up, moves over and then a block of cheese hits him in the head? Just akward.

Also, those "transparent" logo's that are on during the whole show are starting to get bigger and bigger. Pretty soon they'll take over. Bonus points go to the animated ads that are appearing during a show. That's one trend that is starting to scare me.

604flames
04-21-2008, 10:01 AM
Enterprise rental car, "Hello Enterprise, I'm at the repair shop..." stupidity.
"Why didn't you rent me a bigger car!" :bag:

TrendyDoppelganger
04-21-2008, 10:28 AM
does anybody know what the people say in the scotiabank nook people commercial? I would love to translate, but what language is it...? help somebody!

Rhettzky
04-21-2008, 10:32 AM
^^^
Like six posts up.

MaxPower
04-21-2008, 10:58 AM
On the radio, the lady answers the phone and serious voice guy tells her there's been an accident involving her husband and kids. Speed was a factor. Can someone drive you? etc....

Luckily for me, I've never heard a call like that, but should "Speed was a factor" really be the third thing the guy says? That would be last thing on my mind if I received such a call. Just seems like they're forcing their message here.

I would rather hear one that says "Some A-hole texting on his cell phone on the Deerfoot was a factor", or more accurately, "...was the cause".

Bertuzzied
04-21-2008, 11:07 AM
Add me to the Nook Haters. I was about to rip my tv out during game 5 when that thing on every commercial break. Glad I came in here and saw all the negative comments about it... I thought it was just me. :D

As mentioned by someone else... lets go burn the Scotiabank head office down before they play it any more. :ph34r:

Scotia is by far the worst of the major banks in Canada. Worked there for 2 years and can't believe how archaic they are.

Don't worry about the commercials as they will run out of money soon. Like who the hell will rush to scotiabank after watching their pathetic commercials.

Banker wearing a tiara.
Senile retired couple who can only communicate by writing.

hahaha just pathetic.

Montana Moe
04-21-2008, 11:12 AM
I hate the Wendys commercials with the girl doing the voiceover saying "It's waaaay delicious." Terrible that they've adopted valley girl speak as their slogan.

The thing I find strange is they have the same commercials in the States, but the slogan is "It's waaay better than fast food."

Did they think Canadians and Americans would not comprehend the commercials the same way?

Russic
04-21-2008, 11:19 AM
Not sure if I've mentioned it before, but the singing mini wheat deserves to die.

It's funny, now when I hear a bad ad my first thought is "I'm going to roast that thing on CP when I get home".

Jayems
04-21-2008, 11:21 AM
I hate the bobby orr one where they're at the rink getting out of the car.

So, is it supposed to be the same arena over years?
Is it supposed to show people going to a rink, and a sequence of them getting out of the cars?

The rinks look similar, but not identical.... then it shows one part of people getting out of a car for 1.2 seconds, then someone else for 5, someone else for 7...

I just hate that commercial. It makes no sense, and leaves me wondering what the hell is going on.

It's all jumpy from one to another... bah!

Ayrahb
04-21-2008, 11:38 AM
One thing I cannot stand in commercials is the sounds of a woman having a fake orgasm. The Fan has one which makes me immediately turn off the radio when I hear it.

For the record, I would also hate to hear the sounds of a man having an orgasm, but we know that will never be put on a commercial anyway.

annasuave
04-21-2008, 11:39 AM
I've always liked to pretend that "breakfastnook" translates into a dire insult in Chinese. That, and the wife is a highly trained martial arts expert. She's deeply offended that the white barbarian banker would dare to say 'breakfastnook' in her presence.

There's a moment when they're talking in Chinese, where the wife's eyes narrow just a bit, and she leans slightly forward. In my mind, she's reaching for the shuriken she keeps in her boot.

"Calm down honey" is what the husband is saying "In English a breakfast nook is just a counter top you can eat off."

"Die Banker scum!!" screams the wife and lets loose with a volley of deadly projectiles.

In my perfect world, the commericial ends with a resounding "thunk" and a shuriken stuck right in the middle of the banker's forehead.

Muta
04-21-2008, 11:58 AM
Can't f'n stand that Breakfast Nook commercial as well. God forbid someone would say 'breakfast nook' without having others think they're the spawn of satan for suggesting that.

And what's with the breakfast nook suggestion anyways? Why not say something more realistic, like.. I don't know, and entertainment centre, a deck, a half-bath somewhere, I don't know. Why the **** do you have to get so excited about a breakfast nook? And then, other people take the suggestion as the biggest insult in the history of mankind?

That commerical makes me so mad I'm going to kick in my office's breakfast nook.

GirlySports
04-21-2008, 12:00 PM
Can't f'n stand that Breakfast Nook commercial as well. God forbid someone would say 'breakfast nook' without having others think they're the spawn of satan for suggesting that.

And what's with the breakfast nook suggestion anyways? Why not say something more realistic, like.. I don't know, and entertainment centre, a deck, a half-bath somewhere, I don't know. Why the **** do you have to get so excited about a breakfast nook? And then, other people take the suggestion as the biggest insult in the history of mankind?

That commerical makes me so mad I'm going to kick in my office's breakfast nook.

I think you're all reading too much into it. He looks at the banker like that cause he doesn't know what a nook is and has to ask his wife.

When I built my house I didn't know what a nook was either!

ken0042
04-21-2008, 12:31 PM

Your office has a breakfast nook? Wow.

It was brought up when my company was doing the finances for our latest renovations, but in the end we decided we were not "nook" people.

TurnedTheCorner
04-21-2008, 12:32 PM
I hate the bobby orr one where they're at the rink getting out of the car.

So, is it supposed to be the same arena over years?
Is it supposed to show people going to a rink, and a sequence of them getting out of the cars?

The rinks look similar, but not identical.... then it shows one part of people getting out of a car for 1.2 seconds, then someone else for 5, someone else for 7...

I just hate that commercial. It makes no sense, and leaves me wondering what the hell is going on.

It's all jumpy from one to another... bah!
Chevy has enabled people to go to hockey rinks for years. [/deep meaning] ;)

ernie
04-21-2008, 12:51 PM
The "Book of Truck" commercials.

Any Scotia Bank Commercial in the last little.

The Cheese commercial with the singing to the tune of R-E-S-P-E-C-T

The Tim Hortons roast beef sandwich commercial for being a stupid commercial and for having the audacity to advertise/sell something that looks like dog food on a bun topped with disgusting canned mushrooms.

Speaking of bad commercials...Alexander keith's guy is fighting his child porn arrest. Not because he was innocent of having such images and what not but because the police never should have searched his computer!

Muta
04-21-2008, 12:57 PM
I think you're all reading too much into it. He looks at the banker like that cause he doesn't know what a nook is and has to ask his wife.

When I built my house I didn't know what a nook was either!

You're missing the point. It's because they treat it like the banker said something satanically insulting; and then, with a condescending answer such as 'we're not 'nook' people', it just comes across as highly annoying.

It's also the banker's willingness to suggest a 'breakfast nook' in the first place that's the problem - and, her terribly enthusiastic voice level when she says it.

Muta
04-21-2008, 01:00 PM
Your office has a breakfast nook? Wow.

It was brought up when my company was doing the finances for our latest renovations, but in the end we decided we were not "nook" people.

I wasn't a 'nook' person either, but in an industry such as mine, it's not completely surprising that it's there. :confused:

Russic
04-21-2008, 01:03 PM
I might be the only one here that doesn't really find the scotiabank ads too annoying. Overplayed absolutely, but nothing compared to most of the crap out there (the reminder of the R-E-S-P-E-C-T ad sent chills down my spine).

Robbob
04-21-2008, 01:09 PM
I don't feel like reading through 11 pages so I apologize if its been mentioned. The ones that bug me to no end are the stupid peptobismal comercials. When I sit down to watch live TV I use my PVR to pause for 30secs so I have a get out of comercial free card and always use it on that garbage.

BCReefer
04-21-2008, 01:49 PM

Damn that is funny, I actually put my hands infront of my face cause I laughed so hard :D

Amen - if I have to watch a commercial half naked women selling anything is OK with me and better than majority of the stuff out there.

Kokanee has a couple of good commercials but you have to visit their site since they are not work safe. ;)

PVR is the best thing to get, pause your show do a couple of things and then start watching, you fast forward through all the commercials. Best $500 I spent.

TrendyDoppelganger
04-21-2008, 05:34 PM
Why, if the lady is changing a light bulb, does she go get a step stool when there is a perfectly good box to stand on? I've never found boxes to be great conversation either...:confused:

I_H8_Crawford
04-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Koodo Mobile ads are awful. Only thing good about them is Telus blew their monthly wad on those, so no stupid parrots commercials at the moment.

The Nook.

I HATE and I mean HATE that freaking jobshop ad with the dad and his little girl. I can hear it is some stupid woman doing a "little girl" voice. I want to punch that woman in the head. In the off chance that it IS a kid, I would still punch her in the head. I HATE that voice.

4X4
04-21-2008, 07:59 PM
Is there even one Flames jersey in the Pepsi Lays and Gatorade bring home the cup commercial? I see every other team that made the playoffs... Uh actually I don't remember a Caps jersey. There are multiple Ducks jerseys. No Flames. Boo-urns.

icarus
04-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Any commercial that switches between various different people reciting the same sentence, especially with some profound theme such as identity or trust. An alternative take is for the various people to say unique sentences but each of them starting the same: "I believe there are no boundaries." "I believe the future is what we make it." etc. crap.

This must be the latest trend on Madison Avenue but it is so cliche now that I laugh each time I see a new one. I mean how formulaic and cheeseball can you get?

flip
04-21-2008, 08:12 PM
Can I add that damned anoying Boston Pizza one that plays Habanera from the opera Carmen. The composer is frickin French and the song is originally Spanish. and they use it for a damned Italian food commercial.

This pisses me off on so many levels. The fact that I'm Italian, and that BPs is an abomination to Italian food, the fact that it is a great song ruined by crappy singing and worse lyrics...I could go on. But either way this commercial needs to be stopped.

dissentowner
05-21-2008, 09:05 PM
Some other ones as of late. Those damn Pro-Active commercials with the cheesy Bruce Horsnby like music in the background, it goes on forever! The new Subway commercials of course. The current champ though has to be the Purina dog food ones with a dog slurpin and gobblin it's food. That noise reminds me of a friend of mines ex gf who was a total slut and made a similiar noise when she would walk around in shorts....ewww! Horrible sound!
Just a disgusting sound!

browna
05-22-2008, 07:02 PM
A couple of note recently:

The Kia one with the slightly overweight salesman dancing. The hip thrusts while on one knee towards the one car are highly disturbing.

Who's this trying to target? He's not good looking enough to attract ladies, but not weird enough to get people to laugh and take it lighthearted.

Also what bugs me is the Nissan commercial with "God" walking in. Not so much that cheesy angle, but the "we're trying to be current and hip so lets put a Starbucks cup of coffee in the salesman's hand" tacked on gimmick.

The Fonz
05-22-2008, 08:00 PM

The Kia one with the slightly overweight salesman dancing. The hip thrusts while on one knee towards the one car are highly disturbing.

Who's this trying to target? He's not good looking enough to attract ladies, but not weird enough to get people to laugh and take it lighthearted.

I think that commercial is hilarious, so do all of my friends...

Jayems
05-22-2008, 08:04 PM
I think that commercial is hilarious, so do all of my friends...

Me too... it's especially funny if you know someone who is a car salesman and resembles the guy!

Their sumo-wrestler one too is gold!

Finally, a company who hired someone with a creative brain, instead of some guy in a board room saying:

"uh.. why don't we just have.. like... um... cards... and people.. um.. have to guess what ones aren't healthy..."

"Sounds great, Bill! Here's your huge paycheque!"

The Fonz
05-22-2008, 08:13 PM
I don't hate this commercial, but the weird guy creeps the hell out of me. If I saw him on the street I'd run so fast, screaming like a girl...

gFl3IfF6cog&feature=related

Jayems
05-22-2008, 08:28 PM
Wow... just saw a new one...

Kraft Bagelfulls? Something like that...

The one with the ferret and the two girls in the elevator?

The girl on the right puts foot-face Sarah Jessica-Parker to shame. That, and the super zoom in... jesus.

BuzzardsWife
05-23-2008, 04:27 AM
The "You're Richer Than You Think" ones.

First it was that "should tell him or should I?" WTF? I still don't understand that stupid thing. Now it's the "we're not breakfast nook people". Great. Thanks for making me dumber.

OHHH the breakfast nook people make me and my husband want to scream. Watching those commercials makes me not care about not being rich!

FurnaceFace
05-23-2008, 08:24 AM
The current champ though has to be the Purina dog food ones with a dog slurpin and gobblin it's food.

That, and the one with the dentabone make me smile every time. Something so dog like about both of those commercials. It likely helps I don't have the slut imagery you have...I can see that affecting things.

HelloHockeyFans
05-23-2008, 08:31 AM
Their sumo-wrestler one too is gold!

This one? Friggin hilarious! :w00t:

Vasc8ghyu1g

Boblobla
05-23-2008, 08:33 AM
I am not sure if it has been mentioned, I am sure it has in 11 pages...

If I ever bumped into that guy in the Spence Diamonds commercials on the street one day I would be in jail. I hate that guy with the fire of a thousand suns.

mykalberta
05-23-2008, 08:33 AM
3 words, Tim Hortons Maple

Boblobla
05-23-2008, 08:38 AM
3 words, Tim Hortons Maple

At least you know that will only be on for a month until the promo is over...

The first time I saw the one with the grandfather at the hockey rink bringing a coffee to his son I thought 'Awww, that is a nice story of family bonding', after 3 years that commercial is pretty grating...

I am also getting sick of any of the commercials on CBC since they have all been the same since the start of the playoffs...

FanIn80
05-23-2008, 08:40 AM
I am not sure if it has been mentioned, I am sure it has in 11 pages...

If I ever bumped into that guy in the Spence Diamonds commercials on the street one day I would be in jail. I hate that guy with the fire of a thousand suns.

The dude in the radio commercials?!

There's a lineup a mile long for smackin that nimrod down. :p

Boblobla
05-23-2008, 08:45 AM
The dude in the radio commercials?!

There's a lineup a mile long for smackin that nimrod down. :p

That is the one. I have heard that he actually works there but I categorically refuse to go because of those commercials. I just don't understand the logic behind commercials that trash guys when they are the ones you are trying to get into your store to spend money.

Got Miikka?
05-23-2008, 09:23 AM
Since I have pretty much stopped with NHL hockey for the year, I have definitely noticed a steep drop-off in the number of obnoxious commercials I am subjected to. Interesting to note how certain stations gear towards certain demographics - lots of cleaning-product ads on FoodTV - but generally I've noticed there isn't nearly the level of nauseating repetition for commercials on any other channel or program that there is for hockey. Certainly sponsorship must be the biggest factor but damn... Telus might want to know that I will never buy their product because of their ad campaign.

I'm in non-not-nook-people bliss.

Jayems
05-30-2008, 07:43 PM
Another new one:

The pedigree dog bone one with that dog chomping for 30 seconds. Yeah.., like I really want to hear what it would sound like if you put a mic up to a dogs mouth when he was chewing on food for 30 seconds...

chomp chomp saliva saliva chomp chomp chomp

Top Shelf
05-30-2008, 08:16 PM
Scotiabank - You're richer than you think All of them, hate them with a passion

Puddy27
05-30-2008, 09:03 PM

Also what bugs me is the Nissan commercial with "God" walking in. Not so much that cheesy angle, but the "we're trying to be current and hip so lets put a Starbucks cup of coffee in the salesman's hand" tacked on gimmick.
The Kia one is playing off of Flashdance...if you know the movie it can be kind of funny. The other you mention is sad though.

czure32
05-30-2008, 09:22 PM
Scotiabank - You're richer than you think All of them, hate them with a passion

the new "bank the rest"...is the dumbest thing that i have ever heard of

Crispy's Critter
05-30-2008, 10:01 PM
I don't hate this commercial, but the weird guy creeps the hell out of me. If I saw him on the street I'd run so fast, screaming like a girl...

seriously, I can't stop watching this! It's creepy yet hilarious at the same time!

greyshep
05-30-2008, 10:09 PM
Add me to the list of those who want to lynch the spence diamonds guy.

Now I havent read this whole thread so I apologize if this is a repeat, but I really cant stand the Calgary Hitmen radio ads guy. Wow is that annoying. Makes it sound like some kind of wrestling/death metal event. So entirely brutal I cant put it into words. I switch off the radio as soon as those commercials come on now.

I would like to support the Hitmen considering its my favorite sport, but wow have they missed the mark with that ad campaign.

Vulcan
05-30-2008, 10:48 PM
Another new one:

The pedigree dog bone one with that dog chomping for 30 seconds. Yeah.., like I really want to hear what it would sound like if you put a mic up to a dogs mouth when he was chewing on food for 30 seconds...

chomp chomp saliva saliva chomp chomp chomp

Yep that's disgusting. I won't allow
my dog in the same room when he's chomping down like that, so what gives them the right to invade my living room. [Rex does try to sneak in with his bone hidden in his mouth though, looks hilarious.] Anyways thank god for my PVR so I can pause then skip the commercial but I'm not always quick enough. Did I say it is disgusting?

schnee
05-30-2008, 11:32 PM

Relative?

http://bp3.blogger.com/_kKpJRdXfZuA/RwpBvAyLNSI/AAAAAAAABkU/qaBD4_-jLRY/s400/fairy-boy.jpg

ricosuave
05-31-2008, 08:41 AM
Has anyone caught the informercials for the following products? They show up at odd times on various channels, but they aren't mainstream...

1 - 9/11 silver commemorative coin with the rising twin towers
http://www.nationalcollectorsmint.com/product.jsp?path=-1|6966&id=8017 (http://www.nationalcollectorsmint.com/product.jsp?path=-1%7C6966&id=8017)

2 - GM anniversary coin with the yellow Corvette who's headlights 'light up'
http://www.corvettedollar.com/

3 - The Replica model of the 1941 Flatdeck truck and the 1932 Fire Chief sedan

Groan. People actually buy this crap? I'll see if I can find some video.

Now, the Roll and Gro on the other hand, that's a product I can get behind! LOL : )
https://www.rollngrow.com/?cid=128885

PowerPlayoffs06
05-31-2008, 02:30 PM
These new Koodo commercials with the friggin' aerobics chicks make me wonder if you need any smarts at all to get into marketing...

slopestylerails
06-01-2008, 11:12 AM
I hate the Spence diamonds and the sleep country ones on the radio. And I have to agree with the "feminine products) thread as well. They put warnings in front of Family Guy, why cant they run one before those lousy commercials?

onetwo_threefour
06-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Worst one for me right now is the one on the radio that starts off...

'Are you sick of being asked for the square root of an isosceles triangle....." It makes me grind my teeth and stab the button to change the station every time I hear that.

Locke
06-07-2008, 01:48 PM
I would like to nominate Scotiabank for another 'worst commercial ever' award.

There are spenders and saver. Spenders like to spend, savers like to drop kick marketing execs in the throat with their vicious ninja moves.

Seriously? The only thing worse than scotiabank's actual financial services is their marketing department.

Boooooooooo...........:mad:

Ford Prefect
06-07-2008, 01:54 PM
These new Koodo commercials with the friggin' aerobics chicks make me wonder if you need any smarts at all to get into marketing...

No kidding ... that is the most obnoxious commercial in a long time "Just talk, and text, and talk, and text". It's about what I'd expect if Barbie became animate and created a TV commercial

Superflyer
06-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Sorry had to drag this old thread out but the new Tim Hortons commercial about hash browns makes me want to throw things at the TV.
Your not going to eat that first are you....yea it is appetizer.....yea but eat it after....first....after....something flys at the TV and I have to get a new one.

Boblobla
06-23-2008, 01:01 PM
Sorry had to drag this old thread out but the new Tim Hortons commercial about hash browns makes me want to throw things at the TV.
Your not going to eat that first are you....yea it is appetizer.....yea but eat it after....first....after....something flys at the TV and I have to get a new one.

HA, I agree.

At least is isn't that freaking hockey one. That made me want to punch babies.

fredr123
06-23-2008, 01:19 PM
Has anyone caught the informercials for the following products? They show up at odd times on various channels, but they aren't mainstream...

2 - GM anniversary coin with the yellow Corvette who's headlights 'light up'
http://www.corvettedollar.com/

"First legal tender car coin with working headlights."

...because there have been other coins with working headlights?