PDA

View Full Version : GONNA KILL MY FATHER

Maritime Q-Scout
08-06-2004, 08:38 PM
Here is my letter to Glen "That Canadian Guy" Foster, after his show tonight.

The show was awesome Scott Harrison, and Kate Davis were also performing.

First_name: Jonathan

Last_name: Patterson

city: Halifax NS

Email: jonpatterson@ns.sympatico.ca

Comments: Dear Glen, I was at your show tonight (Friday August 6, 2004) at the Tribeca in Halifax. Nearing the end of your show I got a cell phone call from a neighbour of mine back home from Cape Breton. I assumed since the neighbour of mine was calling it was an emergency. However it was just my father. It was nothing important. You stopped the show and asked if the call was important, or if I had to leave. I do apologize for putting you through that, I left it on in case of an emergency, if it wasn't from my neighbour I would have let it go. If possible could you please call my father (who is a HUGE fan of yours) and tell him never to do it again. His name is Danny, and his number is 902-549-0063 Thank you, and once again I apologize ~Jonathan Patterson

SUBMIT: Send Glen Mail

:angry: GONNA KILL DAD :angry:

calf
08-07-2004, 12:37 AM
Is that a fake phone number?
I may have to make some collect calls this w/e!!! :lol:

...why didn't you just put it on vibrate?

Lanny_MacDonald
08-08-2004, 07:31 AM
You're mad at your father because YOU were the one who committed the cellphone faux pas? How about just turning your cellphone off? Unless you're waiting for a life and death phone call you should be able to have it turned off for a few hours. That is what voice mail is for. If you are waiting for a life and death phone call, what were you doing in a public place for an extended time period? Don't be mad at your father for calling you. Be mad at yourself for not controlling your own cellphone.

Papa Gino
08-08-2004, 09:18 PM
agreed. Thats why their is voicemail.

BlackArcher101
08-08-2004, 09:28 PM
If you don't want people to call you, then why leave it on? Otherwise, how is everyone supposed to know that they aren't allowed to call?

When entering a public place like that, the first thing I do is switch the phone to silent or vibrate. If there is no vibrate feature, just turn to silent and check it periodically.

Now, someone tell me who Glen Foster is.

Clarkey
08-09-2004, 11:40 AM
Yean put the thing on vibrate or shut it off.

Maritime Q-Scout
08-09-2004, 04:45 PM
what happened was it was on vibrate. Kept in on incase of an emergeny (naturally good idea)

so it vibrates, no big deal. I look at the caller id and see my neighbour's number from back home. I'm thinking, neighbour calling long distance on my cell phone. Something's up, something's wrong.

Logical n'est pas? So I answer it.

is it important? nope. p*ssED that the comic made fun of me (my fav comic) and that I was missing part of the show.

However I did get a reply to my apology, thanking me for the apology, as he's never had one from someone talking on their cell before.

If it was an emergency it wouldn't have bothered me, the fact that I thought it was, and it wasn't bothered me.

However it's all good.

just to clarify, I wasn't just being an ass, or not knowing the edicate, I honestly thought something was wrong.

BlackArcher101
08-09-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Maritime Q-Scout@Aug 9 2004, 06:45 PM
what happened was it was on vibrate. Kept in on incase of an emergeny (naturally good idea)

so it vibrates, no big deal. I look at the caller id and see my neighbour's number from back home. I'm thinking, neighbour calling long distance on my cell phone. Something's up, something's wrong.

Logical n'est pas? So I answer it.

is it important? nope. p*ssED that the comic made fun of me (my fav comic) and that I was missing part of the show.

However I did get a reply to my apology, thanking me for the apology, as he's never had one from someone talking on their cell before.

If it was an emergency it wouldn't have bothered me, the fact that I thought it was, and it wasn't bothered me.

However it's all good.

just to clarify, I wasn't just being an ass, or not knowing the edicate, I honestly thought something was wrong.
Ah okay, it all makes sense now. However, I would have walked out of the room before answering. :ph34r:

So I have to ask, did the comic call your dad?

Maritime Q-Scout
08-09-2004, 05:03 PM
Ahhh yes, the reply I got from Glen "That Canadian Guy" Foster

Jonathan,

Thank you very much for your e-mail.

In all the time I have been doing this, I have never had an e-mail apology from someone talking on a cell phone.

Pretty impressive, these East Coast crowds!

Do you really want me to call your dad? I could send him an autograph or something instead.

He likely wouldn't believe it was me anyway.

G

Professional Comedian
Toronto, Canadan

I haven't talked to my father yet today, but as far as I know... not yet.

I e-mailed back and said "here's his mailing address, but he'd get a kick out of you calling him"

JiriHrdina
08-09-2004, 06:01 PM
Simple solution here - get rid of your cell phone.

Cell phones are pure evil. I hate them so much and have vowed never to own one again.

Simplify man. SIMPLIFY!!!

MrMastodonFarm
08-09-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by JiriHrdina@Aug 9 2004, 06:01 PM
Simple solution here - get rid of your cell phone.

I think I can agree with that 100%. Cell phones are annoying and I don't own one.

Maritime Q-Scout
08-09-2004, 07:56 PM
I hate them, but my parents want me to have it in ... "the big city" :blink: