PDA

View Full Version : Help

zarrell
08-06-2004, 07:06 PM
WTF? Who steals a dog?

calf
08-06-2004, 07:20 PM
fotze, that freaking sucks. I feel for ya and will try to keep an eye out.

more I think about it, the more mad I get that someone would do that.

Calgary Flames
08-06-2004, 07:24 PM
fotze that sucks! If you find him and I'll help you boot f#$% the guy that did this... a dog/pet is the equivelent to a family member IMO. It's kidnapping.

calf
08-06-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by SuperNilson@Aug 6 2004, 07:24 PM
fotze that sucks! If you find him and I'll help you boot f#$% the guy that did this... a dog/pet is the equivelent to a family member IMO. It's kidnapping.
I can't agree with this statement more. I'll join the posse too.

It's amazing that people don't realize how important pets are to families (even ppl that have cats). Well, not that amazing since you need to have one to realize it, but still...

Mike__
08-06-2004, 07:55 PM
Yah I love dogs, I have one and couldn't imagine how I'd feel if someone took him. I'd rather them take something expensive. Anyways, what area do u live in?

Mean Mr. Mustard
08-06-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by fotze@Aug 7 2004, 01:59 AM
In the sh*tty area of Sunnyside. My wife talked to people who saw possibly two men with it earlier today that sound possibly like those to ######ers that came to my door a month ago looking for bottles. I posted here about it, maybe I should of given them some money or bottles or a knife in their chest.Life sucks. people suck. I hate everyone.
I'm sure your dog will come back, and just to clarify could he have just gone outside or something and be around the neighborhood when the bums went into your place. I would think that getting a dog out of a house would be a tricky thing to do.
________
BMW K75C (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/BMW_K75C)

Mike__
08-06-2004, 08:11 PM
Well If you seen these guys before, then they probably hang around the area. Have you been driving around yet, or are you stuck talking to the police?

Maritime Q-Scout
08-06-2004, 08:41 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that

if someone stole Turk from me, I'd probably kill them

Please have more restraint than I (injuring them is actually worse, they suffer, killing is the easy way out)

Cowboy
08-06-2004, 09:11 PM
That is a good looking dog...

Good luck with that Fotze...hope you find him/her... <_<

Mean Mr. Mustard
08-06-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by fotze@Aug 7 2004, 02:57 AM
No the leash and collar hanging at the front door is missing.
Well then phone the police, check the animal shelters, and well if you know some of the homeless people around the neighborhood ask them, and be prepared to give them some money for some info. But if they have been around your place before chances are they live closeby so just do a really good search of the neighborhood with some buddies or something.
________
WORLD (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_World)

MrMastodonFarm
08-06-2004, 09:23 PM
They stole your ######ing dog???

Wish I was in Calgary fotze, I would be right over to help you in your search.

Pagal4321
08-06-2004, 09:47 PM
Wait a second, someone stole beers and a dog. Who the ###### does that?! Sorry to hear fotze, you'll catch the ######ers, then just chop off their junk.
Yea if people saw them around the neighbourhood, i'm sure you'll see em around soon. Hope you find the dog buddy. Best of luck....

metallicat
08-06-2004, 09:55 PM
I am really sorry to hear about this, I think that is absolutely awful. Hopefully the police can help you out, and you will get your dog back. Good luck with everything.

browna
08-06-2004, 10:09 PM
Put up some posters right away around the 'hood. Not that it was stolen, but lost...and offer a big reward...I know the reward you want to give these guys can't be talked about here, but the reward will appeal to these guys' sense of greed.

If they are bottle pickers, and it was sometime this evening, head over to the nearby bottle depots either tonight or tomorrow when they open...there's one used by a bunch of bums on 10 Ave I think...not sure whats north of the river.

Have a car? A quick cruise by the usual bum hangouts like the Cecil, Drop in Centre, 7th ave, tonight, would be ideal too....if they are homeless, there's not much they can do to hide a dog....and I don't think places like the Drop in Centre would let them in with a dog...

Cowperson
08-06-2004, 11:16 PM
Well Fotze, I feel for you because I know it would be a dagger through the gimlet if someone took our dogs. Its right up there with kidnapping your first born.

I agree with the other advice - police, animal shelters, putting up lots of posters and scouring the usual bum hangouts with some friends and some baseball bats. The other side of the river towards Edworthy might be another place to scout.

Don't give up just yet.

My wife's nephew had his border collie taken out of his pickup in Grande Prairie a few years ago. About four days later, he spotted his dog on the loose and got him back.

It ain't over.

I might be down in that area tomorrow morning. I was thinking of a run or a bike ride on the opposite side of the river from Edworthy. If I'm there I'll burn some gas on your behalf in your neighbourhood as well.

Cowperson

pope04
08-06-2004, 11:46 PM
Nice looking pooch. I'm sure you'll get him back. I think a reward poster is definitely in order. I doubt you'll ever see the beers again, though.

greerb
08-07-2004, 12:10 AM
Good luck with the search Fotze. I hates when I had to give away my dog when I moved, I can't imagine how you are feeling right now. I may be in town this week for a few days, hopefully I can swing by the neighborhood and join the cause.

browna
08-07-2004, 12:19 AM
Fotze, get my PM? Sent it a while ago, not sure if PM is working.

TheCommodoreAfro
08-07-2004, 02:58 AM
My sister lives in Sunnyside. Sent her the photo. I used to, and if I was back in Calgary (used to live in Sunnyside myself) I'd be looking for it with you. My sister rides her bike a tonne around the river and in the area so she may be some help in spotting. I would try the pedestrian route along the south edge of the river around meal time, close to shelter.

If not, try the park and shelter adjacent to Fort Calgary. I feel for you, man.

Cowboy
08-07-2004, 04:05 AM
Hey Fotze...It appears that I will be down in that area tomorrow, I will make it a priority to keep an eye out for your dog as well as look in the obvious places. I will send a pic to the bro as well (lives in that area). Keep your head up!!

Pray for the dog people!!

Regulator75
08-07-2004, 06:19 AM
Man this sucks Fotze. I feel so bad for ya, but have hope buddy.

Foxy
08-07-2004, 07:46 AM
I work in an area where there is a lot of street people, bottle pickers, etc. I will definitely keep an eye out for your dog.

I'm really sorry this happened to you. I hope this has a happy ending soon. Let us know about any progress.

Tron_fdc
08-07-2004, 07:57 AM
Dude, that's ######ed. Who steals a dog and a 6 pack????

What's your dogs name? What did the 2 homeless guys look like (age, etc)??

calf
08-08-2004, 01:45 PM
Any new updates? Any progress yet?

Papa Gino
08-08-2004, 08:36 PM
that sucks Fotze man. Maybe we could have search parties and divide up where people live in the city. Example, I live in the Southeast, so maybe the southeast people could spend a day or something going around and looking for Loki. You all give me a date and time and I'll be there. I'd also watch the c-train stations, lots of homeless people ( some with dogs ) I remember. Good Luck, if theres anything I can do let me know! When you catch them let me help beat them!

Papa Gino
08-08-2004, 08:37 PM
my mom works in that 17th, 14th ave area so I showed her the picture so she says she'll keep an eye out.

browna
08-08-2004, 08:39 PM
Ok, so I should maybe make another trip downtown this evening then, since the Signal Hill thing is bunk.

Jaybo
08-08-2004, 09:03 PM
First off, I want to say I feel terrible for you Fotze. I work in the Beltline and will keep an eye out for your dog as I walk to and from work each day.

With that said, I am quite disappointed by the tone of many of the messages in this thread (and the moderators' implicit condoning of this anger by their silence.)

I can understand Fotze saying he wants to beat down the people who did this in his frustration and anger but am embarrassed to see people joining in to the lynch mob mentality.

I am glad that if there is a small goodness that comes out of this, it is Fotze's realization that not all homeless people are evil and scary. They are human beings too - often down on their luck because of an addiction or mental illness or abuse. Plus many of them who are living in shelters *do* have jobs but because of the low minimum wage and/or lack of affordable housing, are forced to stay at shelters trying to get established.

With that said, be very careful dealing with the crackheads. Compared to alcoholics or people with mental illness, they are more willing to say (and do) anything to make a buck and/or take advantage of someone - basically anything that will get them more crack. In fact, based on what you said, I would guess that it was somebody on crack who broke into your house.

Good luck finding your dog.

Jiggy_12
08-08-2004, 09:04 PM
Well it'll be hard for these A**holes to keep your dog for long. It will have no sort of emotional attachment to them and the dog could easily escape their guard. This p*sses me off, I really hope you find him, and the losers that did this.

Papa Gino
08-08-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Jaybo@Aug 8 2004, 08:03 PM
First off, I want to say I feel terrible for you Fotze. I work in the Beltline and will keep an eye out for your dog as I walk to and from work each day.

With that said, I am quite disappointed by the tone of many of the messages in this thread (and the moderators' implicit condoning of this anger by their silence.)

I can understand Fotze saying he wants to beat down the people who did this in his frustration and anger but am embarrassed to see people joining in to the lynch mob mentality.

I am glad that if there is a small goodness that comes out of this, it is Fotze's realization that not all homeless people are evil and scary. They are human beings too - often down on their luck because of an addiction or mental illness or abuse. Plus many of them who are living in shelters *do* have jobs but because of the low minimum wage and/or lack of affordable housing, are forced to stay at shelters trying to get established.

With that said, be very careful dealing with the crackheads. Compared to alcoholics or people with mental illness, they are more willing to say (and do) anything to make a buck and/or take advantage of someone - basically anything that will get them more crack. In fact, based on what you said, I would guess that it was somebody on crack who broke into your house.

Good luck finding your dog.
You ae completely right. When I said I would beat them I was definitly over reacting and exagerrating. When I said that, I really just meant that I hope justice will be served and Fotze will find his dog.

BlackArcher101
08-08-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by fotze@Aug 8 2004, 11:46 PM
Just figured out they took my Mach 3 razor too. So it's 7 coronas, our change jar, wife's watch my used razor and the dog?????

Louis Armstrong is fullofit ;)
Sorry to hear about your theft. Hope you get the coronas back.

Had to say it... it's been bugging me for awhile now.

Seriously though, I couldn't imagine what it feels like to lose a pet that's close to you. I just hope you find him/her.

Mean Mr. Mustard
08-08-2004, 10:33 PM
Look for the clean shaven hobo I guess, then beat his ass down. I would help look but I am in the middle of suberbia for one, and I am going up to northern alberta in a few days. Anyways I just wanted to say best of luck and I really hope everything turns up alright.
________
Teen Videos (http://teenvid.org)

Otto-matic
08-08-2004, 10:38 PM
Ill try my best Fotze!

Best of luck for finding him.

Ill ride my bike around the whole Sunnyside Area looking for your dog tomorrow

I hope you can find him Fotze. Ill check around the school.

KevanGuy
08-08-2004, 11:10 PM
I work downtown fotze and a bunch of my staff live downtown as well. I will print off the pics and give them out to my staff. There are also bums that live around my office that I will ask for info.

JiriHrdina
08-08-2004, 11:34 PM
Fotze - it makes me sick to think of what you're going through losing a pet like this. Keep your hopes high though - dogs have an uncanny knack of finding their way home.

I work in the Ramsey/Inglewood area so I'll keep an eye out there (we have our share of questionable characters in the area) and take a ride around the East Village at some point during the day.

Quick question about the dog - in the one picture above it looks like his tail is curled around, but in the other its not. Is it typically curly or not - just wanting to know if this is a distinctive feature of him or not - a way of identifying him.

Yellefan
08-09-2004, 08:14 AM
I'll take my daily walk at lunch today through some of the shadier areas of downtown to see if I can see your dog. I'll also send an email with those pics out to my office today since I know lots of people are out and about at lunch. I hope she turns up soon man!

habernac
08-09-2004, 10:59 AM
Heard the call on CJAY this morning, they had your phone number to contact if anyone had seen your dog. I work downtown and will be keeping an eye out during lunch. Good luck!

Otto-matic
08-09-2004, 05:36 PM
Anything i can help you Fotze

Otto-matic
08-09-2004, 05:38 PM
What should I do if I've lost my dog or cat?
As soon as you notice your dog or cat is missing, immediately check around your home and neighbourhood, asking friends and neighbours if they have seen your dog or cat and if so, when and where. If your dog or cat doesn't turn up after an initial search, below are some other suggestions to locate your missing animal:

Call Animal Services at (403) 268-CITY (2489) and file a lost report. Be prepared to give us a description of your dog or cat, license number (for dogs) and tattoo and microchip number, if applicable.
Call the Calgary Humane Society's Lost & Found line at (403) 250-5678
Visit the Animal Services Centre at 2201 Portland St. S.E. and the Calgary Humane Society at 1323 36 Ave. N.E. in person. If your dog has lost his or her license and your dog or cat does not have a tattoo or microchip for identification, only you can visibly identify your missing animal.
Check your local veterinary clinics. After hours, phone the Calgary North Veterinary Hospital & Emergency Service at (403) 277-0135 (open 24 hours a day) and the Calgary Animal Emergency Clinic at (403) 269-7822 (open after hours only).
If it has been 24 hours or more and you still haven't been able to locate your dog or cat, try some of the suggestions below:

Call Animal Services at (403) 243-4844 to hear our interactive recorded message. It is updated twice daily and lists all of our impounded animals.
Place notices, preferably with a picture of your missing dog or cat at our Animal Services Centre, the Calgary Humane Society, local stores and veterinary clinics.
Talk to your mail carrier, your neighbours and especially the children who play in your neighborhood to see if they have seen your dog or cat.
Ask local radio and cable television stations to mention your lost pet.
Check the lost and found classified advertisements in local newspapers.
Place your own advertisements in the lost and found sections of local newspapers.

Don't give up. Sometimes a lost dog or cat will show up months later.

Hope this helps a bit too

Otto-matic
08-09-2004, 05:40 PM
Maybe we should do a city wide search party.

People in all areas look for the missing dog.

Jiggy_12
08-09-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by fotze@Aug 9 2004, 09:34 PM
Well the newest lead is we have had two separate reports of sighting her. That's the best we have yet. Two separate people have said they saw her running around free in the bowness area. A worker at sunnyside garden centre phoned and said they couldn't catch her (I know I am assuming it is her when it may not be). Another lady said she saw her near bowness raod at 72nd, that's only a few blocks apart, unfortunately we got the second one at about 5:00 pm. We spent the evening scouring and talking to bownesians but no luck, man this sucks, but at least this sounds better than the crackhead story.
Good to hear that he got away from his kidnappers, thats definatley positive. You'll find him man, don't give up.

Otto-matic
08-09-2004, 10:42 PM
Hey Fotze,

Its a good sign that your dog is loose. Better then with his captors. Now we have to search and get your dog home to you. Ill go to bowness and search from top to bottom to help you find your dog.