PDA

View Full Version : no more Nystrom

dobbles
02-28-2008, 03:35 PM
With Nystrom going back up, what does that mean for the baby Flames? I know many of you out there keep a much better eye on things than I, so I just thought I would ask. Were they only dressing 11 forwards with Peters out this past week? If he still can't play this weekend does that mean a call up is needed? I will rely on your guys expert insight!

rockstar
02-28-2008, 03:49 PM
How did he play during his time down there?

Locke
02-28-2008, 03:49 PM
Man, it must be wierd with the roster changing all the time, the coach must be pulling his freaking hair out with callups all the time.

Sorry guys, we're gonna need Eric in the show for the next little while.;)

PIMking
02-28-2008, 04:05 PM

Easy E played very well while down here.

One fight 3 goals I do belive. and his physical forechecking was a great asset while here. Hope he is gonna get razzed a bit for his little slap shot deal.

He actually told me on sunday that sutter told him to stay healthy that he would be back up this year. Good For him GO FLAMES GO!!!

dobbles
02-28-2008, 04:19 PM

i also liked his play while he was back. i thought there were times during his first few games where he had flashes of his nhl time. he would just skate around everyone. didn't see that as much these last couple games, maybe he slowed back down to ahl speed a bit? they also gave him more time on the PP and with the top line players as time went on. hopefully that gave him soem more offensive spark when he's up there.

Locke
02-28-2008, 04:30 PM
Hes in a dead heat with Mark Smith in the scoring race.:D

Muta
02-28-2008, 05:41 PM
Man, it must be wierd with the roster changing all the time, the coach must be pulling his freaking hair out with callups all the time.

I'd wager to say that Calgary probably performs the least AHL activity in the league.

QCPuckFan
02-28-2008, 06:59 PM
"I'd wager to say that Calgary probably performs the least AHL activity in the league."

I agree. We haven't seen THAT much movement. Mostly, the rotating goalies between Calgary, QC and Vegas.

Heck, take a look at the Icehogs. There's been a steady pipeline back and forth between Rockford and Chicago. Now, they've had a lot of activity.