PDA

View Full Version : Right time for ice time for Ramholt (QC Online)

Hoody
02-12-2008, 06:10 AM
http://www.qconline.com/archives/qco/display.php?id=374218

"He's a player who can dominate a game with his ability to handle and move the puck," McGill said. "His job for us is to defend his goal and do the job in a smart way. We're not expecting him to score goals or pile up points on the power play."

Hoody

simmer2
02-12-2008, 10:58 AM
http://www.qconline.com/archives/qco/display.php?id=374218

Hoody

Thanks for the link Hoody. I've been wondering how Ramholt has been performing down in the AHL. It's good to see he's logging some significant minutes.

simonarea
02-12-2008, 01:52 PM
cant wait to see this guy play!!

dustygoon
02-12-2008, 05:15 PM
You have to like this....McGill isn't one to throw around compliments lightly:

"He's a player who can dominate a game with his ability to handle and move the puck," McGill said. "His job for us is to defend his goal and do the job in a smart way. We're not expecting him to score goals or pile up points on the power play."

But i can't say i like this quote with excuses although coming from a Euro, i think English quotes can suggest cockiness when the player doesn't intend it:

"I was a plus defenseman until the last month or so and then I kept piling up minuses," he said. "I don't think I'm playing any worse, it's just circumstances. It seems like I'm never on the ice when we score and it's hard to build that number up that way.

SparkyOne
02-12-2008, 05:44 PM
I'd like to see the player that McGill was talking about on the ice. It sure isn't the same Ramholt we see from the stands....

There's a reason why he's a -7....and it isn't his stellar play!!

QCF
02-12-2008, 05:52 PM
His +/- is the way it is because he thinks he can play like Paul Coffey and continually gets caught and scored on. He is also not at all a physical player and as such will have a real hard time playing at a higher level. It is only because he was a high draft pick that they are giving him such a long look. Look at Hambley and Palin, both undrafted and the best defensive pair on the team.

PIMking
02-12-2008, 10:46 PM
qcf,

Dont forget Pelech. He has impressed me alot this year. I think alot of the problem is that he isnt a "stay at home" defensmen its different to use to see this guy join the rush.

But I will say that Ramholt has shined a bit but most of the time that Kolanos would be better in the D zone of the ice...