PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry 8800 annoyance

Wookie
02-10-2008, 12:27 PM
I keep calling people when my BB is in my pocket.

This only happens on the weekends when I'm out.

During the week I don't mind wearing it in the holster, I don't think it looks too douchy when in a suit/work clothes. But with jeans, no way! However, it then ends up in my pocket where I tend to hit buttons and make it call people, I'll pull it out and see it says "connected" to someone. whoops..

Other than locking it all the time, anyway to stop this? Other than be more careful or something.

SportsJunky
02-10-2008, 01:44 PM
I changed the side button (I think it's for voice dialing) to lock so it just takes the push of a button before I put it in my pocket.

Wookie
02-10-2008, 01:45 PM
I changed the side button (I think it's for voice dialing) to lock so it just takes the push of a button before I put it in my pocket.

Good call, I'll try that - did it scrap the voice dialing? I've been trying to get rid of that thing, hit it all the time and never use it!

SportsJunky
02-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Yeah I suppose it did scrap the voice dialing but if I ever want it I'll just go into the options and assign it to a different button.

Wookie
02-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Yeah I suppose it did scrap the voice dialing but if I ever want it I'll just go into the options and assign it to a different button.

Ugh, I hate the voice dialing! good riddance! :D

browna
02-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Holding the mute button on the top right puts it in standby mode.

No accidental key press even lights up the screen (like happens when the keyboard is locked) thus saving the battery life too.

llama64
02-11-2008, 10:22 AM
Just out of curiosity, how much does one of these Blackberry things cost per month. Contract or otherwise.

I'm looking to replace my phone with something that has a full keyboard (T9 is hella-lame), but I'm terrified that a BB will cost 80$ a month or something ridiculous like that.

BBQorMILDEW
02-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Just out of curiosity, how much does one of these Blackberry things cost per month. Contract or otherwise.

I'm looking to replace my phone with something that has a full keyboard (T9 is hella-lame), but I'm terrified that a BB will cost 80$ a month or something ridiculous like that.

It all depends, you could get into a any voice plan which you choose how many minutes you use. Then go onto an unlimited email plan for 15 dollars.. The whole price will be around 75-95 dollars a month depending on how much you use the phone.