PDA

View Full Version : Burnout Paradise Comes Out Today!

Nehkara
01-22-2008, 10:51 AM
Burnout Paradise comes out today!

Soothe your soul with the lovely sound of gnashing metal and roaring engines... and explosions. Can't forget the explosions.

Early reviews are great with the first 13 reviews averaging out to 89.5% (http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/933706.asp).

It is being released today on X360 and PS3.

If you don't know much/anything about Burnout Paradise... here's the run down:

Welcome to Paradise City! Make action your middle name, as you control what happens when and where in Burnout Paradise! Immerse yourself in the open roads of Paradise City from the downtown streets through the hectic freeways to the sweeping mountain roads; the world is waiting to be explored!

Slam, Shunt and Wreck opponents in cross-town race events, where YOU decide the fastest route to the finish line. Hit the jumps and find shortcuts, smash through barriers and get to the places that other racers can't reach to get that competitive edge!

Just pull up to over 120 stoplights and spin your wheels to start one of five different events – the classic Race, Road Rage and Burning Route, and the all-new Stunt Run and Marked Man modes.

Meet your friends online with the revolutionary EasyDrive system that smashes through the tedium of lobbies and servers and cuts straight to the chase. Burnout Paradise provides the ultimate driving playground for you and your friends to play online.

Crash mode has been renamed to Showtime mode. Now, instead of having preset junctions and predetermined traffic patterns, the player may crash in any location in the world, press both shoulder buttons on their controller and activate Showtime mode. Showtime mode can also be activated during events such as Road Rage and Race, even when online.

- 30 Square Kilometers of area to explore.
- No loading times after initial game load.
- 70+ different cars

Trailers:

p5otC9OKXCs

R-kF-PTcLlA

5qJUojiXKsk

For more trailers (16 in total!) visit the EA youtube playlist for Burnout (http://youtube.com/view_play_list?p=D57FCB04EFCA2C52).

Knut
01-22-2008, 11:58 AM
I will be buying that very shortly..... i do not like racing games much, but i love games where all you do is crash into things.... I feel a drinking game coming on.

Nehkara
01-22-2008, 12:49 PM
I will be buying that very shortly..... i do not like racing games much, but i love games where all you do is crash into things.... I feel a drinking game coming on.

Burnout definitely isn't a classic racing game. It is about going very fast, flying off huge jumps, doing tricks but most importantly it is about crashing and causing as much mayhem as possible!

The damage modeling in Burnout Paradise is just amazing... ridiculous even. It is fantastic. Pretty much everything in the car is deformable and the windows can be smashed and you can see the little bits of glass and metal bouncing off things as they come flying off your car.

In short... anyone who likes to have fun, buy this game.

Kev
01-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the heads up, very cool game.

Nehkara
01-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the heads up, very cool game.

Very welcome. I'm going to go pick it up after work.

Flaming Choy
01-22-2008, 01:50 PM
if anyone's on the fence or hasn't played a burn out before, the demo is on live.

GreenHardHat
01-22-2008, 02:00 PM
I'm a huge fan of the Burnout franchise. It is one of the few racing series that I actually have fun playing.

phaneuf_train
01-22-2008, 02:57 PM
I was addicted to the demo for a while. This game is a must rent, if not buy.

Top Shelf
01-22-2008, 03:30 PM
I'm a huge fan of the Burnout franchise. It is one of the few racing series that I actually have fun playing.

ditto for me, the Forzas and the Gran Turismos of the world are not for me, I much prefer to do Takedowns!

Nehkara
01-22-2008, 03:59 PM
I was addicted to the demo for a while. This game is a must rent, if not buy.

Even though the demo was only a tiny portion of the game, I was also addicted to it for about a week. I'll have the game in 45 minutes. Can't wait.

McG
01-22-2008, 08:42 PM
please post if the game is better than the demo.

i am a huge burnout fan and have finished the first 3 and most of 4 on both the xbox and the 360...but i just couldn't get into the demo. i hate driving around looking for something to do. did they do a better job of that in the real game?

i'm waiting for some reviews until i get this game...(heavy sigh)...but i will probably get this game anyhow.

Jagger
01-22-2008, 08:52 PM
^ Don't wait for reviews, although there are plenty of good ones on the net already, the game is great fun and well worth buying. I've only played about an hour or so but it's excellent. I love the seamless gameplay. Some people have complained about the lack of a true crash mode (crash junctions) but given the nature of the game that's really not a problem.

I have no hesitation in recommending this game to anybody.

Nehkara
01-23-2008, 12:15 AM
Intro girl has a niiiice voice.

The game has some seriously... seriously nice graphics. Runs smooth too. Lots of fun so far!

Mr. Ski
01-23-2008, 08:13 AM
Great game. Such a huge world to explore. Finally had to go to bed at 2:00am last night...

Flames89
01-23-2008, 11:21 AM
Any more reviews?

LOVED Burnout 3, heard this one was weird with the open world and no Crash mode.

Nehkara
01-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Any more reviews?

LOVED Burnout 3, heard this one was weird with the open world and no Crash mode.

There is a crash mode, it is just that you can turn it on at any time and there are no preset junctions... so if you see a tantalizing tangle of traffic you can wipe them out!

Nehkara
01-23-2008, 02:11 PM
Reviews: (http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages4/933706.asp) (Average: 89%)

GamePro 5/5
TeamXbox 9.2/10
Edge Magazine UK 9.0/10
Electronic Gaming Monthly 9.0/10
Official Xbox Magazine 9.0/10
VideoGamer 9.0/10
GamerNode 9.0/10
GamerZone 9.0/10
GameTap 9.0/10
UGO A-
GameSpy 4.5/5
1UP 9.0/10
Cheat Code Central 4.4/5
IGN 8.8/10
Game Informer 8.5/10
Maxi Consolas (Portugal) 85/100
Official Xbox Magazine UK 8/10
Eurogamer 8/10

phaneuf_train
01-23-2008, 02:59 PM
I've never played any of the Burnout series but the racing in this game reminds me of Midnight Club. I think there's only 3 or 4 racing games coming out this year and im pretty sure this one will be the best.

Locke
01-23-2008, 03:52 PM
And here I thought this was a sequel for Guitar Hero.

Once you become a Guitar Hero/Rockstar you do loads of blow and you get to Burnout Paradise.

I'm disappointed by a racing game.

Whatever happened to good old wholesome gaming like "Chase The Dragon?":D

RyZ
01-23-2008, 04:46 PM
I've never played any of the Burnout series but the racing in this game reminds me of Midnight Club. I think there's only 3 or 4 racing games coming out this year and im pretty sure this one will be the best.
I'm not a big racing guy but I assume Gran Tourismo 5 might have something to say about that.

McG
02-19-2008, 09:28 PM
so my wife got me this game for valentine's day...

oh man it is so good. in fact...it has temporarily replaced rock band...but only temporarily.

i hated the demo and i think they should have done a better job of including some of the things people liked from earlier games...but the game itself has exceeded all of my expectations.

its that good.

arsenal
02-20-2008, 11:19 AM
I just got a PS3 on family day. This is one game I am going to get.
So far i have been consumed by heavenly sword.