PDA

View Full Version : Cujo to Calgary...

QCPuckFan
01-14-2008, 11:19 AM
XM Home Ice just reported that the Calgary Flames have signed Curtis Joseph to back up Kipper. I guess we'll be seeing McElhinney soon....

Azure
01-14-2008, 11:25 AM
nice!

chris lindberg
01-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Cujo and Kipper up in Calgary now, Anyone else think this could spell the end to Krahn?

Brent did let in two weak goals last game, will he be sent down to the ECHL, probably has no trade value, perhaps a buyout?
McElhinney and Keetley would seem the better options for Quad City and the spot down in Vegas would seem to be Lalande's, would they send back to Junior perhaps?

I wonder if the Flames will also try and make room for Irving and Spratt next season, Seems like with all these goalie prospects it will be a matter of trying to figure out which one will be the best of the bunch, I get the feeling that at least one of them will turn out real good someday for another team other than the Flames.

PIMking
01-14-2008, 10:46 PM
Cujo and Kipper up in Calgary now, Anyone else think this could spell the end to Krahn?

Brent did let in two weak goals last game, will he be sent down to the ECHL, probably has no trade value, perhaps a buyout?
McElhinney and Keetley would seem the better options for Quad City and the spot down in Vegas would seem to be Lalande's, would they send back to Junior perhaps?

I wonder if the Flames will also try and make room for Irving and Spratt next season, Seems like with all these goalie prospects it will be a matter of trying to figure out which one will be the best of the bunch, I get the feeling that at least one of them will turn out real good someday for another team other than the Flames.

Im with you. One of the four are being shopped around as we speak, If I was a betting man I would put my money on that.

Freeway
01-15-2008, 12:42 AM
Well, perhaps Lalande (or Keetley) gets loaned to a different ECHL team?

dante48
01-18-2008, 09:58 AM
I think that cujo will simply be a playoff run insurance policy - the goaltending prospects that the flames have are solid!

hatty
01-19-2008, 03:51 PM
yeah i agree with dante48, keenan and david marcouix (sp?) all spoke highly of McElhinney when he got sent down, and they were all saying that we will see him back up with the club sooner then later

Reggie Dunlop
01-19-2008, 11:48 PM
Keetley is the guy losing out at present. Kid needs to play.

I happened to catch a between-periods interview on Medicine Hat radio tonight during the Ice/Tigers game (I listen alot to junior games and wanted to keep tabs on John Negrin and what better way than via opposition broadcasts). Anyway, don't know a lot about the kid or where his confidence is, but I think he's resigned to the fact he might be farmed out, Krahn is playing well in Quad City and now McElhinney is part of the mix. Keetley started out well in Quad City, got the default callup, but has somewhat struggled upon his demotion. With Lalande performing brilliantly in Las Vegas (and a good second showing in Quad City), it sets up a real conumdrum for the Flames organization. Interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Reggie Dunlop
01-20-2008, 05:41 PM
How does Negrin sound through your detective work?

Quiet night on the scoresheet for him, I guess. Seems to have the puck a lot though.