PDA

View Full Version : Calgarypuck NHL 08 League (Xbox 360)

FlamesPuck12
01-08-2008, 01:30 AM
Calgarypuck NHL 08 League for Xbox 360

League Information
League Name: Calgarypuck
Password: Flames
League Abbreviation: CPL
Max Players: 15

Gameplay Information
Season: 0 (Still setting up the league, we will start as soon as we get at least 10 people to sign up)
Speed: Medium
Length: 5 min / period
Games Played: Up to 45 games (Amount will vary depending on the number of players)
Games Played Against One Opponent: 3 games
Rules: NHL (Penalties & Fighting On)

Requirement
Xbox 360 with Live Subscription
Commitment to show up on time

Procedures
I was thinking, if we could get enough people to start playing then we should come up with a schedule, that way we know when we are suppose to play and against who.
Also, if you are not able to show up for the scheduled time, you can arrange a different time with the opponent as long as it is done within a week.

Players / Team
(Since most of the people here are Flames fan, I'm going to assume many people will pick the Flames. For now, I don't think its a problem to have duplicate teams)

1. Chobyhy - Flames
2. AFireInside - Flames
3. Phaneuf_Train - Canada
4. jar_e - Canadiens
5. foofighter15 - Flyers
6. ________(?) - Washington

More information to come soon. If you have a suggestion, feel free to PM me or post it in this thread. As for the game scheduling, we will decide on the method after we get the league organized.

Edit
Anyway, you don't have to wait till the season starts to play a game.
We'll call it "Schedule-less Pre-Season" right now so you can play whoever you want in the league.

We'll be resetting the stats when we do get it organized and our season starts.

We'll start the season if we get 10+ players.

Don't hesitate to join the league!

Engine09
01-08-2008, 11:53 PM
How long would it take to finish up?

I have 1 1/2 months left on my subscription, not sure if I'll renew. Getting annoyed when those little kids beat the stuffing out of me.

foofighter15
01-09-2008, 10:03 AM
count me in, but im having issues with my connection (like everyone else)

FlamesKickAss
01-09-2008, 01:41 PM
I will probably join tonight when i get home. will select a different team too

FlamesPuck12
01-09-2008, 06:01 PM
I don't know how long it would take, it depends on how many games we are planning to play a week.

I'm looking for some opinions on how many games we should play on which day and at what time. I'm thinking few on the weekends and maybe one or two during the week day night. Games only take 15 min so I don't think it would be too hard for most people to come play.

bones
01-10-2008, 09:44 AM
I'd be very interested in this, do I just sign up through xbox live?

AFireInside
01-10-2008, 01:05 PM
Do we need to schedule games? Why not just play someone in the league if they are online and willing to play? I dont' really know what I'm doing from night to night etc.. I mean I'll give it a try but why not just play games against those in the league if they are online and willing to play?

It looks like you can only play so many games against each opponent, so why set certain nights.. Just come on in the evening or weekend and play someone you haven't played yet? I guess we can set it up amongst ourselves anyways.

Has anyone else signed up yet?

FlamesPuck12
01-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Do we need to schedule games? Why not just play someone in the league if they are online and willing to play? I dont' really know what I'm doing from night to night etc.. I mean I'll give it a try but why not just play games against those in the league if they are online and willing to play?

It looks like you can only play so many games against each opponent, so why set certain nights.. Just come on in the evening or weekend and play someone you haven't played yet? I guess we can set it up amongst ourselves anyways.

Has anyone else signed up yet?

We could do that but wouldnt that mean that sometimes there will be few games left behind while everyone is finished so we gotta wait till those guys play each other to end the season.
If we do have a schedule, then we could ensure that all the games are done within the same amount of time and schedules are not like league schedule but more flexible so we'll make the schedule and if you can't come online for lets say tomorrow then just PM the guy and play him within the week. I don't know which method we'll use but we'll decide when the league is ready.

foofighter15
01-11-2008, 02:46 PM
picking up the game tonight

CRXguy
01-11-2008, 03:40 PM
now everyone wants to play. there was barely any action before.

i gotta go find a used copy now. sold it with my old xbox 360.

FlamesPuck12
01-11-2008, 03:41 PM
now everyone wants to play. there was barely any action before.

i gotta go find a used copy now. sold it with my old xbox 360.

Why'd you sell your old xbox 360 and get a new one?

CRXguy
01-11-2008, 03:45 PM
i just wanted hdmi for my new tv. LOL

phaneuf_train
01-12-2008, 11:31 PM
I joined.... as team Canada

FlamesPuck12
01-13-2008, 12:24 AM
I joined.... as team Canada

Great, more Iginlas & Phaneufs lol

Anyway, you don't have to wait till the season starts to play a game.
We'll call it "Schedule-less Pre-Season" right now so you can play whoever you want in the league.

We'll be resetting the stats when we do get it organized and our season starts.

We'll start the season if we get 10+ players.

foofighter15
01-13-2008, 01:50 PM
joining as the flyers
just to mix it up a bit

FlamesPuck12
01-13-2008, 03:19 PM
While we wait for more members, I'm going to be playing my Dynasty.
Damn I had to extend Dion after the first season and he wanted more than Iggy. I had to get rid other players...

jar_e
01-13-2008, 11:56 PM
I'll sign up when I get home...

jar_e
01-14-2008, 01:04 AM
Joined as the canadiens.

FlamesPuck12
01-14-2008, 08:00 AM
Who joined as Washington?

foofighter15
01-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Did my registering as the Flyers go through? My connection has been brutal lately, going to get in fixed

FlamesPuck12
01-15-2008, 12:10 AM
Did my registering as the Flyers go through? My connection has been brutal lately, going to get in fixed

Yea, I think so.
We got 7 players right now. We'll start the season once we get at least 10 people.

Also, if you are unable to join right now but planning to join within the month, can you post here or give me a PM. I want to see how many people we'll be expecting by the end of this month.

foofighter15
01-15-2008, 09:43 AM
Well my Xbox is getting sent in (again) and I should have a new one within 2-3 weeks.
The guy mentioned that my warranty is up in May, so i flat out asked him what if they send me another piece of crap, that doesn't work and he assured me that wont happen.

red sky
01-15-2008, 10:09 AM
I would be interested. I have ordered a wireless adaptor from amazon so it may be in a little while

Engine09
01-15-2008, 10:20 AM
Hopefully my internet will be back online today or tomorrow, I'll join up if there is still a spot available.

FlamesKickAss
01-15-2008, 12:45 PM
I keep forgetting because I havent put the game in the xbox in a while thanks to COD 4 and Fifa

FlamesPuck12
01-18-2008, 03:07 PM
Few days ago we had up to 7 players. We're looking for few more before we begin the season.

bones
01-19-2008, 04:06 PM
Gamertag: singlespeeder

Joined as the sharks. Should be fun!

foofighter15
01-21-2008, 07:07 PM
how do you check the waiver wire in dynasty mode?

jar_e
01-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Anyone else having issues getting into the "My Leagues" section? I signed up for the league but now whenever I try to access my leagues, the 360 dashboard pops up saying I need to sign in (which I already am) and than it tries to connect to the EA servers and states "You must be signed in to xbox live and the EA servers in order to access the online features of this title"...this is the only game I have issues with in regards to Xbox live and even just a quick match works but getting into my leagues is a no go...any ideas?

mgsimpleton
01-22-2008, 05:42 PM
joined as anaheim, already enough calgary teams joined

MGSimpleton on XBL, up for an exhibition game whenever

rubecube
01-22-2008, 06:36 PM
I just got my copy of 08 today so I might join up tonight.

FlamesPuck12
01-22-2008, 10:02 PM
1. Chobyhy - Flames
2. AFireInside - Flames
4. jar_e - Canadiens
5. foofighter15 - Flyers

I lost track of people now. If you're not on the list, PM me or post here with your team.

mgsimpleton
01-23-2008, 12:26 AM
1. Chobyhy - Flames
2. AFireInside - Flames
4. jar_e - Canadiens
5. foofighter15 - Flyers
7. MGSimpleton - Anaheim

I lost track of people now. If you're not on the list, PM me or post here with your team.

ready to roll

foofighter15
01-24-2008, 02:23 PM
my xbox is still in the shop. so I wont be online for at least 2 more weeks

FlamesKickAss
01-24-2008, 09:42 PM
I joined as buffalo

Gravitykillr
01-24-2008, 10:04 PM
my xbox is still in the shop. so I wont be online for at least 2 more weeks

mine got sent in about a week ago and the guy quoted me 5 weeks if they try to fix it, should be about 3 if they just send me a new one

Engine09
01-25-2008, 12:29 AM
Got my internet and router sorted out, joined up just a few mins ago as Chicago.

jar_e
01-27-2008, 10:44 PM
Is this going to be starting "officialy"? I think we've passed the 10 mark.

Engine09
01-28-2008, 10:45 AM
Yesterday would have been a good day to start, cold as hell, I'm sure a lot of us stayed home.

No NHL games on the sched this evening, let's get it going tonight.

foofighter15
01-28-2008, 11:10 AM
my xbox is still in the shop (I was at a buddies last night for those who saw me) so tonight would not be a good night for me.

FlamesPuck12
01-28-2008, 10:14 PM
First of all, how do we want to run the league?

Scheduling:
Option 1: Let everyone play whenever
Option 2: Have a structured schedules so we know when we're suppose to play who.

I would go with Option 2 because Option 1 won't work as well because we'll have to wait until one or two people finish all their games at the end so we won't know when the season will end.
As for option 2, we'll have structured schedules and decide who plays who at what time. If one of the person can't make it on the scheduled time, they can PM the person who they're suppose to play and rearrange the gametime within the week.

mgsimpleton
01-28-2008, 11:10 PM
I think you should start season asap

My suggestion for schedule:

Each week each team is matched up with another team, during that week you play your 3 games against your opponent. You should be able to play other teams whenever you want. If you dont have any games to play one week because you already have played them then no problem.

I think a set game time is the best way to organize it. People will miss games for whatever reason but if you just PM your opponent it should be pretty easy to work something out. The hour or so following flames games seems like a good time when people are going to be in the nhl 08 mood

All just suggestions, Ive never played in a video game league and Im getting anxious.

jar_e
01-29-2008, 12:29 AM
I like the idea of having to play a team x amount of times per week. That might be easiest and you can get your game counts high.

foofighter15
01-30-2008, 02:17 PM
Well i'd be good with scheduled games, just so long as they are somewhat flexible. Maybe if we had it set up for two official games per week, we'd be able to set our game times with the other player.
But I'm new to this, so I don't know how these league games work

mgsimpleton
01-30-2008, 10:22 PM
league gm should reset the stats. make the 6 sets of matchups and a time to play them, if the time doesn't work for enough people I'm sure it can be worked out

FlamesPuck12
01-30-2008, 11:26 PM
Stats will be reset once we start the season. I'm thinking that we should come out with a time for all the games and if it doesn't work for some people, they can PM their opponent and rearrange it (hopefully within the week) to a time that will work for both of them.

Also, how many games per week should we play and on which days?

I'm thinking 4-5 a week, 3-4 on the weekend and 1-2 on the week day. Maybe 2 games on Saturday night (before or after Flames game, if there aren't any games then schedule it around 8 PM - 10 PM). Games for the week days should be 1 game during 7 PM - 9 PM.

Looking for more opinions about scheduling.

foofighter15
01-31-2008, 04:03 PM
4-5 is alot. I have a pretty full schedule. i'm thinking 2-3 4 tops.

mgsimpleton
01-31-2008, 05:00 PM
I agree. have 3 games vs 1 team every week, not everyone is going to want to play multiple night a week. Its pretty easy to find an hour or so once a week that works.

The 3 games per week is just a minimum tho, you can always set games up when you notice people are online.

BTW I dont think that NHL 08 leagues have playoffs so if there is interest we should set up a bracket in the thread (assuming the league goes smoothly)

FlamesPuck12
02-02-2008, 01:44 AM
I agree. have 3 games vs 1 team every week, not everyone is going to want to play multiple night a week. Its pretty easy to find an hour or so once a week that works.

The 3 games per week is just a minimum tho, you can always set games up when you notice people are online.

BTW I dont think that NHL 08 leagues have playoffs so if there is interest we should set up a bracket in the thread (assuming the league goes smoothly)

Yea, they don't have playoffs but we'll set it up here and reset the season to best of 7. I'm thinking 8 people qualifies for the playoffs. Anyway, we're getting ahead of ourselves, lets start with running a successful season.

As for the games I think 3 games a week is good, now do we want to do that all on one day or should we split it into 2-3 days?

mgsimpleton
02-02-2008, 05:07 AM
I think they should be played all at once, 3 games takes not much more than an hour and setting up one matchup is much easier.

Maybe suggest a game time and then if people have conflicts they can just pm their opponent

Engine09
02-04-2008, 11:12 AM
Played Westicle last night. Scoreless 1st, I went down by a goal in the 2nd and tied it up with 30 secs left in the 3rd. Almost broke his heart but he snagged the shootout win.

Good game.

FlamesPuck12
02-04-2008, 04:02 PM
Alright, so should we start the season soon? I'll send everyone a message on xbox 360 to tell them to come and confirm in this thread. I have to go renew my live, it ran out few days ago.

CRXguy
02-04-2008, 04:42 PM
anyone know where i can find a used copy of nhl 08 for a reasonable price?

foofighter15
02-04-2008, 05:17 PM
gettin my xbox back tomorrow. so I should be good to go. unless they sent me another piece of crap.

mgsimpleton
02-04-2008, 05:34 PM

If you cant find it at EB/gamestop I would just buy it new. Its definitely the most improved NHL game in a long long time

Alright, so should we start the season soon? I'll send everyone a message on xbox 360 to tell them to come and confirm in this thread. I have to go renew my live, it ran out few days ago.

Should start it up soon. Is there any sort of schedule?

AFireInside
02-04-2008, 10:25 PM
Played Westicle last night. Scoreless 1st, I went down by a goal in the 2nd and tied it up with 30 secs left in the 3rd. Almost broke his heart but he snagged the shootout win.

Good game.

Yeah I thought once you got that final goal you were going to take me out.. The shootout was strange because my second shooter was Erikson.... Luckily I tied the shootout with my last shot... Good game...

This is my confirmation as well!!!

FlamesKickAss
02-04-2008, 11:11 PM

i thought I had seen it at cash converters on macleod for pretty cheap

AFireInside
02-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Sooo... Are we going to start this anytime soon? There are already several people I can't play in league games anymore....

FlamesPuck12
02-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Yea we'll start it very soon after I get a new NHL 08 disc, my xbox scratched it and now I can't play the game.

CRXguy
02-12-2008, 12:42 AM
if i can't find a used copy tomorrow, i'm gonna have to break down and buy a new one. lol

HockeyPuck
02-12-2008, 10:54 PM
Joined as Pittsburgh

HockeyPuck
03-10-2008, 10:06 AM
ummm... are we gonna start this thing?

I check the league everytime I get the itch and I've played Westicle 4 times and jarhead once.

Do you other guys play league games at all (preseason)?

jar_e
03-10-2008, 01:52 PM
ummm... are we gonna start this thing?

I check the league everytime I get the itch and I've played Westicle 4 times and jarhead once.

Do you other guys play league games at all (preseason)?

Damn that was an embarassing game:bag:

HockeyPuck
03-10-2008, 03:25 PM
Damn that was an embarassing game:bag:

No worries - I got schooled by Westicle my next game, 6-1. Doh!

AFireInside
03-11-2008, 12:19 AM
No worries - I got schooled by Westicle my next game, 6-1. Doh!

Hah, I got you, then you beat me the next two. Damn 1 goal loses....

Is the regular season in this league going to start anytime soon? Most people on there have played me a bunch of times already, and we can't play anymore preseason games.

HockeyPuck
03-21-2008, 08:12 AM
Did the league get shut down? It's not under My Leagues anymore....

redmile04
03-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Yeah I cant find it.. should we begin a new league even a small one for those interested?

FlamesPuck12
03-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Sorry I was inactive with the league. My NHL 08 cd got scratched. I got it repaired so I'll be picking up the disc tomorrow, hopefully we can start the league right.

Igottago
03-28-2008, 08:40 PM
I'd like to play some of you guys...not sure about joining a league 'cause I just play when I have some spare time...but feel free to add me...Flames1989 is my gamertag.

redmile04
03-29-2008, 12:39 AM
I would like to join as the Ducks when you do start the league.. gamer tag is navib69

Drunk Skunk
04-20-2008, 06:37 PM
I picked it up yesterday ... I suck, but if anyone wants to play, look me up. SkinLikeWinter on Live.