PDA

View Full Version : Firefly to be made into MMOG

Finner
01-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Read the below link. Looks like Firefly fans may get there wish.

http://samuraigunslinger.com/2008/01/03/browncoat-gamers-rejoice/

I loved the show, i'm definitely looking forward to this.

REDVAN
01-03-2008, 04:20 PM
Is she now? Firefly is one of my favorite posters... oh wait that's not what this is about.

Hack&Lube
01-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Waits for Firefly to come into this thread..

Resolute 14
01-03-2008, 10:43 PM
A lot of lonely, single guys desperately wanting Firefly, eh?

jammies
01-04-2008, 12:09 AM
A lot of lonely, single guys desperately wanting Firefly, eh?

Hey, imagine the trademark rights alone! She's gonna be rich, time to start sucking up now!

Bobblehead
01-04-2008, 09:18 AM
I worry that products like this just use the name to try and sell the product to the rabid fans, but the actual play will be brutal.

The Matrix Online, anyone?

I'll wait and see how it turns out. It is a good universe, but a successful MMORPG also requires scale and balance to have any longevity.

llama64
01-04-2008, 01:24 PM
I worry that products like this just use the name to try and sell the product to the rabid fans, but the actual play will be brutal.

Star Wars Galaxies.

I actually bought that one. One of the worst games I have ever played.

Any word on who is developing this one? All I've seen is that Fox is doing it, which gives me nightmares. Chances are, this will be whipped together in 8 months, released as a chunk of turd and quickly forgotten a month later.

Bobblehead
01-04-2008, 01:55 PM
Star Wars Galaxies.

I actually bought that one. One of the worst games I have ever played.

Any word on who is developing this one? All I've seen is that Fox is doing it, which gives me nightmares. Chances are, this will be whipped together in 8 months, released as a chunk of turd and quickly forgotten a month later.

Multiverse Network

I've never heard of them, but doing a quick search it seems like they've created an engine that they license to other companies to create the actual universe, but in this case they are taking their own stab at it.

I'll wait and see. Hell, I just recently got hooked into WoW, so that is eating all my play time.

REDVAN
01-05-2008, 12:28 AM
Firefly where arst thou?