PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Warranty Question:

alltherage
12-30-2007, 02:46 PM
Hey guys, I know we had the "Red ring of death" discussion, but this is slightly different I guess... I had to send my xbox out for warranty repair and they sent me a pre-paid box to ship it in. It arrived within 3 days of calling, and i'm wondering how long I should expect it to be gone? Anyone experience the waiting times at all? I had "general hardware failure".

foofighter15
12-30-2007, 02:49 PM
I had this in November. They simply sent me a new Xbox 2 weeks later. Problem is, the xbox itself sucks. I'm going to be calling in again and feel bad for the customer service agent that answers my call.

photon
12-30-2007, 03:01 PM
My first one was turned around in 3 days, my second one took a month and a half, so somewhere in between :D

Gravitykillr
12-30-2007, 11:30 PM
Another question to kind of go along with the warranty question, lately my 360 has had some problems loading my profile and connecting to xbox live, is this something wrong with the console that I can fix or should I be grabbing my receipt grabbing the system (minus the HD Of course) and taking it back to Futureshop to get it fixed. just in case the question comes up, no red ring of death yet, I do have a fan with it, but it just seems that when it loads it takes a minute or 2 to load up the profile, and then when I'm going to play NHL'08 sometimes it'll take a minute or two to load the menu's up for me. Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

photon
12-30-2007, 11:43 PM
Live in general in Canada (and the US a bit) has been having issues, so it's probably not your console.

FlamesPuck12
12-31-2007, 12:51 AM
Do they send you a refurbished one or the fixed one, or do they send you a brand new one?

photon
12-31-2007, 09:44 AM
Typically a refurbished one, so they can take whatever time needed to fix yours.

J pold
12-31-2007, 10:52 AM
I don’t want to start a new thread but my roommates Xbox recently got the “red ring of death” that ATR described earlier…since that time it has been acting funny and not performing very well…what does the red death mean? And should we send it in to get it fixed?

GoinAllTheWay
01-01-2008, 04:40 PM
I don’t want to start a new thread but my roommates Xbox recently got the “red ring of death” that ATR described earlier…since that time it has been acting funny and not performing very well…what does the red death mean? And should we send it in to get it fixed?

Red Ring of Death is a hardware failure and yes, you would need to send it in.

Inferno
01-05-2008, 12:08 AM
I waited about a couple weeks after I sent mine in. Though I'm from a rural area in Northern Manitoba so shipping to Calgary would be faster.

HOOT
01-06-2008, 02:53 PM
I HATE XBOX 360! Worst machine ever made...mine has now gone away 4 times in the last year. I have actually gotten so tired of sending it away I am just dealing with the problem it is having now because it works enough that I can still play a bit.