PDA

View Full Version : Dumping / Archiving of text messages

ken0042
12-14-2007, 02:48 PM
Long story short- I have a whack of text messages on my phone that I want to dump off to save them for later. I guess I am so used to email where I can archive messages to read whenever I want.

Basically my phone has an Inbox and a Sent box that can each hold 100 messages, and a "Saved" folder that holds 10. Phone is a Samsung A950 in case that matters- on the Telus network.

Any suggestions?

REDVAN
12-14-2007, 03:06 PM
I have no idea how to save them, I usually delete them all when I get full, saving any numbers I wanted to save.

I dread to tell you this... but phone 611 and see what they say? I hate phoning help, but sometimes they know sneaky stuff.

4X4
12-14-2007, 03:08 PM
There should be a way to change how much space is designated for text messages. My limit used to be 100, but I fooled around with my phone and now there are at least 600 in inbox and sent.
It is a nokia though.

Ayrahb
12-14-2007, 03:21 PM
Have you tried BitPim?

www.bitpim.org

4X4
12-14-2007, 06:20 PM
I just discovered that my phone has a little slot in the battery compartment. I went to look in the box for the manual and I discovered a mini memory card and a card adaptor. I put it in my phone and discovered that I can take anything off my phone and put it on the memory card (and of course, put card in my laptop with adaptor).

Check and see if your phone has a mystery slot in the battery compartment.