PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Jillson: “I am true Bruin”

Pointman
11-24-2004, 07:24 PM
The only CPHL match-up which will see two Stanley Cup winners going against each other — first ever CPHL champions Bruins vs defending Stanley Cup winners Hawks surely raised up a lot of interest.

One of Hawks best players, offensive defenseman Jeff Jillson, was a member of Bruins organization when Bruins NHL franchise won the Stanley Cup. Jillson played 23 games for Boston as a rookie blueliner, scoring 2 goals and 1 assist, and had 75 NHL games with different teams that season. However, he was sent down for playoffs thus he doesn’t have Stanley Cup ring.

Prior to Hawks vs Bruins game, Jillson made an interview in Chicago’s local paper.

“Even though I am currently Hawk, my heart will always be in Boston. When me and other Providence Bruins saw them winning Stanley Cup all we were dreaming about were joining this great team. There were two highest points in my career — playing on the same line with Rasmussen and being at Fleet Center when Bruins won the cup. Now, with Rasmussen in Boston, my pipedream is to win Stanley Cup as Bruin, playing on the same line with Rasmussen.”

Jeff Jillson, who leads Hawks in +/- at +4 and also runs the worst CPHL powerplay ever, said he just can’t imagine himself playing against Bruins.

“Well, when I’m playing the point on PP, I forget about everything. So I will play it like I do against all the other teams. But 5 on 5 I surely won’t be that effective”, said Hawks key player. “I see myself in Bruins uniform every night”.

Joe Nieuwendyk and Peter Bondra are only two players, who won 2 CPHL Stanley Cups with Bruins and with Hawks, but they were unavailable for comments for the upcoming event.

KevanGuy
11-24-2004, 07:38 PM
The Bruins management confirmed this evening that they are in talks to fulfill the kids dreams to wear the Black and Gold again.