PDA

View Full Version : Man Arrested In Usa Truck Bomb Plot

Cowperson
08-05-2004, 09:38 PM
As if there aren't enough problems in the world here's an AMERICAN who buys 500 pounds of ammonium nitrate fertilizer from an undercover FBI agent and then turns around and tries to sell 1500 pounds of the stuff to another FBI agent posing as a member of a Middle East terror organization.

He was under the understanding the fertilizer would be used to blow up a federal building in Chicago.

Ammonium nitrate was used to blow up the federal building in Oklahoma City.

Regardless of your political affiliation and view on Iraq, is this man a clear traitor to his country given the group he was attempting to sell this to?

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Midwest/08/05/c...rest/index.html (http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Midwest/08/05/chicago.arrest/index.html)

Cowperson

calculoso
08-05-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Cowperson
Regardless of your political affiliation and view on Iraq, is this man a clear traitor to his country given the group he was attempting to sell this to?

To me, he for sure is. It's one thing to want to blow up another country (very bad), but to want to help blow up your own country? That's even worse.

Mike F
08-05-2004, 10:04 PM

If you're asking whether it would change things if he had been selling it to a domestic group, than no. It's not the selling to Islamic terrorists that make it traitorous. I would see it as the same traitorous act is every relevant way no matter what country the attack was aimed at or the identity/motive of the bombers.

Blowing up innocent people is blowing up innocet people, and is always a crime against humanity, period.

I-Hate-Hulse
08-06-2004, 12:51 AM
It's interesting how this goes so much less noticed than the takedown of that Mosque in Albany where actual "bad guys in robes" were taken down.... This guy is just as bad IMHO.