PDA

View Full Version : Bruin In Training

KevanGuy
11-23-2004, 10:56 AM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Bruin Vet Claude Lapointe To Attempt 60 Minute Game

The Boston Bruins are proud to announce that veteran LWer Claude Lapointe is currently in training to make a run at playing a 60 minute game. Lapointe, who is well known for his cleaning living and healthy regiment, will attempt to play all 60 minutes of the Bruins upcoming game on Tuesday November 30th, 2004 against the bottom dwelling Chicago Blackhawks.

"Everyone on the team is behind Claude 100%," said GM KevanGuy. " We respect what he is trying to do and will help him with whatever he needs. I think its great for the younger guys to see some of the vets set goals and try to accomplish them. Just the other day THE Brian Holzinger tried to stuff 6 hard boiled eggs in his mouth at once. Now, I challenge you to take a look the picture of him with 5 in his mouth, look at the grimace, look at the pain, and tell me that isn't inspirational. Ilya owes a lot of his success to these older guys and I want to give them credit for it."

Lapointe, who has played close to 10 minutes so far this year, is expected to train for 7 to 8 hours a day on the bike and another 2 to 3 on the elliptical trainer. Less on the elliptical cause it hurts his back.

Hanna Sniper
11-23-2004, 11:19 AM
I hope he attempts that great feat in a game against the Hurricanes too

:D

JiriHrdina
11-23-2004, 11:49 AM
Awesome.

I've always wondered what would happen if you did this to a player. Now we'll find out.

Pointman
11-23-2004, 04:39 PM
Yeah, that's probably good idea to keep both Kovalchuk and Rasmussen off Bruins vs Hawks game :)

I was just going to start a poll how Rasmussen will perform against Hawks.

KevanGuy
11-23-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Pointman@Nov 23 2004, 04:39 PM
Yeah, that's probably good idea to keep both Kovalchuk and Rasmussen off Bruins vs Hawks game :)

Lapointe can play centre. The training staff hasnt decided where he will be able to accomplish his goal. Rass plays centre too sooooo...don't you worry ol' Pointy. You'll be seein a bit of ol' Razzamataz.

Pointman
11-23-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by KevanGuy+Nov 23 2004, 04:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KevanGuy @ Nov 23 2004, 04:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Pointman@Nov 23 2004, 04:39 PM

Lapointe can play centre. The training staff hasnt decided where he will be able to accomplish his goal. Rass plays centre too sooooo...don't you worry ol' Pointy. You'll be seein a bit of ol' Razzamataz. [/b][/quote]
Yeah, that's better. I thought you were going to spoil Rasmussen AND Kovalchuk vs Hawks :o