PDA

View Full Version : Website and Editor player moves!

Cheese
11-23-2004, 09:03 AM
GMs,
It has been brought to my attention that some GMs are bringing players up in the Editor from the farm without following suit on the website. Of course if things like this are done then GMs dont have to worry about such silly things like salary caps or roster limits as posted on the website.
I will start to pay more attention to this type of thing...IF I find a GM that is playing this game I will terminate them instantly without warning. We will not tolerate this form of play.
Do not move players from the CPHL to the AHL or vice versa in the Editor yourself. If a player is on waivers you can move them to the middle box, unless you are actually playing them. Otherwise all player moves MUST be done by the league.
No warnings again...this will result in GM termination.
We do have GMs who want to play this game fairly and who watch other teams lines and websites...we thank these GMs for keeping an eye on these things for us.

KevanGuy
11-23-2004, 09:43 AM
Man, that is pretty cheap. Could this be the reason some teams are out performing expectations? Oh the DRAMA! But really, that is pretty weak.

looooob
11-23-2004, 12:48 PM
a question about the middle box...can I park athird goalie there? (don't worry he is legit on my roster in terms of $$ and numbers)

here's what I mean

Giguere is tired...I want to rest him and go with Gerber..but Gerber sucks so when he starts he usually lets in 5 goals and gets pulled, and the Giguere has to come back in

Could I put Giguere in the middle box on the editor so that Prusek will come in when Gerber is getting rocked (I'm going to lose the game anyways) so that Giguere can rest?

or is that not on?

Radically Red
11-23-2004, 12:54 PM
I would say you could Loober. No differnt that scratching an extra D men.

I have done that this year already.

had to eventually do it last year as well. It was the best way to make sure your goalie gets a rest.

looooob
11-23-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Radically Red@Nov 23 2004, 01:54 PM

had to eventually do it last year as well. It was the best way to make sure your goalie gets a rest.
yeah I have done this before too, but reading Cheese's post I almost thought I had been doing a baaaad thing

JiriHrdina
11-23-2004, 01:22 PM
Another question (sorry if this has already been answered).

I have a player on my CPHL squad on the site, he has been there the entire time actually - Tony Hrkac. Yet for some reason in the Editor he is on the farm. Should I simply notify the league of the error so they can make the correction or can I call up the player on my own since he is technically already on my CPHL squad?

Wow. Did that question even make sense?

Cheese
11-23-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by looooob+Nov 23 2004, 03:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (looooob @ Nov 23 2004, 03:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Radically Red@Nov 23 2004, 01:54 PM

yeah I have done this before too, but reading Cheese's post I almost thought I had been doing a baaaad thing [/b][/quote]
your ok to do that loober

Cheese
11-23-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by JiriHrdina@Nov 23 2004, 03:22 PM
Another question (sorry if this has already been answered).

I have a player on my CPHL squad on the site, he has been there the entire time actually - Tony Hrkac. Yet for some reason in the Editor he is on the farm. Should I simply notify the league of the error so they can make the correction or can I call up the player on my own since he is technically already on my CPHL squad?

Wow. Did that question even make sense?
you can do anything that matches what you have on the website.

Pointman
11-23-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by KevanGuy@Nov 23 2004, 09:43 AM
Man, that is pretty cheap. Could this be the reason some teams are out performing expectations? Oh the DRAMA! But really, that is pretty weak.
It surely is. However, I can hardly imagine this affecting team performance. It's kinda hard to hide a superstar on the farm and use him in CPHL in editor. This can be done only with fringe players like PM Bouchard :P I just forgot to brought him up. Not a big deal since he's waiver eligible and can be shifted back and force without any trouble. But anyway there's no way such a trick can ever make team really better.

edited: forgot the most important part. The thing that REALLY can affect team's play and should be watched closely is keeping healthy player on IR but playing him in editor. THIS really can affect team performance big time coz it's possible to keep any superstar on a IR list. P.S. To answer all questions, Smirnov must be keeped on IR coz I have no room to bring him back (according to rules I must act this way) and he never played CPHL game since being injured.

Mango
11-23-2004, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the reminder/heads up.

Thunderball
11-23-2004, 05:59 PM
I don't think thats me, but I'll double check

Pointman
11-23-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by GerryCheevers@Nov 23 2004, 09:03 AM
GMs,
It has been brought to my attention that some GMs are bringing players up in the Editor from the farm without following suit on the website. Of course if things like this are done then GMs dont have to worry about such silly things like salary caps or roster limits as posted on the website.
Waivers. Nothing about salaries and roster limits. Real reason is waivers.

Example: team has a decent vet on the farm and they need to call him up for a couple of games. After that team will have to send him back, thus put him on waivers. But team might lose him there. So GM is calling player up in editor and then sending him back avoiding waiver wire.

Roster limits can't be overriden this way coz if team has 49 pro bodies it's easy to fit in 25-24 limit. Salaries can't be overridden this way neither, coz GM has 48 hours to rectify situation, thus he can call up overpaid AHLer for ONE game, send him back within 48 hours, then call him up again and so on. Real reason is not losing players on waiver wire.

FlamesFanFromBC
11-23-2004, 06:07 PM
That probably includes me... I called up Scott Parker as an emergency callup from AHL to fill a spot of an injured player.

Unfortunetly at the time I called him up... the roster pages where down... I tried the next day and they were still down. Then I went away for the weekend and just got back last night.

Pointman
11-23-2004, 09:28 PM
I ran into technical issue here. My editor is saying "roster full" and refuse to bring guy from AHL (Strachan) even though he must be there. Due to this I can't repeat web-site roster in my editor. It seems to me that it's impossible to avoid NHLers playing in AHL. I'm trying to work it out though.

Beerfund
11-23-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Pointman@Nov 24 2004, 01:03 AM

Roster limits can't be overriden this way coz if team has 49 pro bodies it's easy to fit in 25-24 limit. Salaries can't be overridden this way neither, coz GM has 48 hours to rectify situation, thus he can call up overpaid AHLer for ONE game, send him back within 48 hours, then call him up again and so on. Real reason is not losing players on waiver wire.
Actually - it 24 hours not 48. My understanding is that this grace period is put in place to accomodate player movement from trades and I.R., not as a away to get around the fatigue question. We are allowed 25 players on our CPHL roster - in order rotate players in and out of the line-up.

Beerfund
11-23-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Pointman@Nov 24 2004, 04:28 AM
I ran into technical issue here. My editor is saying "roster full" and refuse to bring guy from AHL (Strachan) even though he must be there. Due to this I can't repeat web-site roster in my editor. It seems to me that it's impossible to avoid NHLers playing in AHL. I'm trying to work it out though.
Looks to me like wes Walz is still on your roster (sim). The sim allows 25 players, until it is updated to remove walz - you will not be able to pull Strachan up. That would be my guess.

Pointman
11-23-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Beerfund+Nov 23 2004, 10:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Beerfund @ Nov 23 2004, 10:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Pointman@Nov 24 2004, 01:03 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-GerryCheevers@Nov 23 2004, 09:03 AM
GMs,
Waivers. Nothing about salaries and roster limits. Real reason is waivers.

Example: team has a decent vet on the farm and they need to call him up for a couple of games. After that team will have to send him back, thus put him on waivers. But team might lose him there. So GM is calling player up in editor and then sending him back avoiding waiver wire.

Actually - it 24 hours not 48. My understanding is that this grace period is put in place to accomodate player movement from trades and I.R., not as a away to get around the fatigue question. We are allowed 25 players on our CPHL roster - in order rotate players in and out of the line-up. [/b][/quote]
Right, 24 hours. Since I wasn't going to make stuff like that, I don't care much, but emergency call-ups for one game do happen in NHL. I never tried to get around fatigue question this way, but according to my hockey knowledge, it happends in NHL. When some vet is exhausted and can't play (or have personal reasons), team is calling up 23-or-younger player from AHL for one game and then sending him back.

Pointman
11-23-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Beerfund+Nov 23 2004, 10:28 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Beerfund @ Nov 23 2004, 10:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Pointman@Nov 24 2004, 04:28 AM
Looks to me like wes Walz is still on your roster (sim). The sim allows 25 players, until it is updated to remove walz - you will not be able to pull Strachan up. That would be my guess. [/b][/quote]
You are right. But the problem is NOT that I can't put 55 OV Strachan up. The problem is that I can't duplicate my web-site roster in editor. And this is exactly what I must do according to thread-starting post. Anyway, this issue was talked over with CPHL office. Thanks for help :)