PDA

View Full Version : Is Peyton Manning Playing Better Then Any QB Ever?

flames_1987
11-21-2004, 01:38 PM
Another 4 TD passes for Manning. He now has 35 touchdowns this year. The guy runs his entire offense and has yet to even have a bad game this year really. I've got to bring it up, considering the guys not even in his 30's and his numbers are just sick. Considering how bad this guys D is, and how much work he puts into his job, is he playing better then any other quaterback ever has? This guy is just sick, he got pulled before the 4tb even started so all that was in 3 quarters and he threw a pic in the endzone so it could've been 5 td's today.

dirk diggler
11-21-2004, 11:04 PM
he is playing great, but the sad thing is a Qbv like Kyle Boller, who is doing alright, but is not in peytons class will win a super bowl before manning.. teams like the colts never win it all, look at the marino led dolphins and fouts led chargers for 2 great examples..... although peyton is the smartest qb out there, he prepares well and executes well too....

sbailey924
11-22-2004, 09:45 AM
I think the Colts will do it eventually with Manning. As long as their D plays potentially average, they can outscore anyone.

Calgary Flames
11-22-2004, 11:17 AM
I'm quickly becoming a Payton Manning fan, I always knew he was good but thanks to the lockout i'm really getting into the NFL with full steam.

The guy is brilliant

flames_1987
11-22-2004, 09:33 PM
I think the Colts can win the Superbowl this year. I know this d looks horrible but it has shown little forms of improvment and at least has speed to it's credit. Also it has arguablly the 2 best DE's in the NFL right now. Mathis is almost leading the lead in sacks and Freeny is just sick. If this d can play average at best, Manning is so good he'll put it on his back to score every touch. Besides the Pats who can beat the colts when the playoffs come around?

sbailey924
11-22-2004, 10:23 PM
If any coach can improve the D, Dungy should be the man. It all comes down to December and how they play then.

flames_1987
11-25-2004, 04:23 PM
speaking of the devil..once again he's pulled in the 3rd freaking quarter and he already had 6 touchdowns!! What an amazing QB Peyton Manning is, just flat out sick. This year he's gonna shut up all the doubters about whether or not he can win a ring to. Look at the colts D the last few weeks, Min. only scored 28, Hou. 14 Bears 10 Det. 9, now I know the last two teams really suck but still for the worst defense in the league they are improving.

Manning is gonna gonna break Marinos record even more then Bonds did to Big Macs. If this D keeps up to, it's superbowl for the Colts.

Displaced Flames fan
11-27-2004, 10:55 PM
Not to take anything away from Manning, but all this Super Bowl talk for the Colts is silly. Blowing out powerhouses like Detroit, Chicago and Houston ain't exactly impressive. Neither is losing to the Chiefs, a team with a defense as porous as the Colts.

Indianapolis will have to win a game in Foxboro or Pittsburgh to make it. Yes, Manning is great, but those two teams are better than the Colts and they'll have home field advantage.

The Colts have a shot, no doubt, but they aren't even close to being a great bet. At this point, they're staring the 4th seed in the AFC right in the face. That's a tough spot to win the Super Bowl from, Peyton Manning or not.

Displaced Flames fan
11-27-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by flames_1987@Nov 23 2004, 04:33 AM
Besides the Pats who can beat the colts when the playoffs come around?
Pittsburgh and Denver could both beat the Colts. Especially if the games are played outside of their sweet little dome....and that's exactly how things are shaping up to play out.

Indianapolis HAS to beat Denver in Denver the last game of the season. They might do it.....but, Denver's defense is pretty damn good too.

Hanna Sniper
11-28-2004, 06:09 AM
I don't think this year can go any worse for me

:boom:

jinx jinx jinx jinx jinx jinx jinx jinx jinx jinx jinx jinx jinx jinx jinx jinx jinx jinx jinx jinx

It's all I have left :(

I_H8_Crawford
11-28-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Displaced Flames fan@Nov 27 2004, 11:55 PM
Not to take anything away from Manning, but all this Super Bowl talk for the Colts is silly. Blowing out powerhouses like Detroit, Chicago and Houston ain't exactly impressive. Neither is losing to the Chiefs, a team with a defense as porous as the Colts.

Indianapolis will have to win a game in Foxboro or Pittsburgh to make it. Yes, Manning is great, but those two teams are better than the Colts and they'll have home field advantage.

The Colts have a shot, no doubt, but they aren't even close to being a great bet. At this point, they're staring the 4th seed in the AFC right in the face. That's a tough spot to win the Super Bowl from, Peyton Manning or not.
Agreed.

The Colts have yet to prove that they can beat the big boys; they had their chance in week 1 and they blew it against NE.

I hope the Colts can do it, as I hate both NE and Den, but I said at the beginning of the season that if the Colts get home field the SuperBowl is theirs; and we all know that is not going to happen this year.

So if they can't do it, I guess it's go Steelers!

flames_1987
11-28-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Displaced Flames fan+Nov 28 2004, 05:58 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Displaced Flames fan @ Nov 28 2004, 05:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-flames_1987@Nov 23 2004, 04:33 AM
Besides the Pats who can beat the colts when the playoffs come around?
Pittsburgh and Denver could both beat the Colts. Especially if the games are played outside of their sweet little dome....and that's exactly how things are shaping up to play out.

Indianapolis HAS to beat Denver in Denver the last game of the season. They might do it.....but, Denver's defense is pretty damn good too. [/b][/quote]
Not one Defense this year has shown they can stop the Colts offense. I mean even in week one, if it wasen't for the fact Edge fumbled 3 times in the red zone!! Yes the Colts lost to the Cheifs, but there defense was so beat up and since then has got a lot of healthy bodys back. The colts right now have the best playing DE's in the league right now. Both Mathis and Freeny may got to the Pro Bowl. Also the secondary is getting helathier and learnig how to play as a team.

If the defense can play even half bad the Colts will win the Superbowl. Nobody can stop them, with the best passer in the league, the RB who has the second most yards and the best WR group in the league hands down, the colts are bound for playoff success. When Manning gets in a groove he is better then any QB in the league. Denver could not beat the colts, besides there constant cut blocking they can not keep up with the Colts offense. Not one D in the league has the power to shut down, Edge, Stokley,Harrison, Wayne, Pollard and Clark. As good as Denvers D is its nowhere near as good as the Colts O is.

habernac
11-28-2004, 03:47 PM
Too many "ifs" and "buts" there. The Colts will have to win games when the weather gets nasty. Something the Pats, Steelers and Broncos do every week.

Displaced Flames fan
11-28-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by flames_1987@Nov 28 2004, 07:49 PM

Not one Defense this year has shown they can stop the Colts offense. I mean even in week one, if it wasen't for the fact Edge fumbled 3 times in the red zone!! Yes the Colts lost to the Cheifs, but there defense was so beat up and since then has got a lot of healthy bodys back. The colts right now have the best playing DE's in the league right now. Both Mathis and Freeny may got to the Pro Bowl. Also the secondary is getting helathier and learnig how to play as a team.

If the defense can play even half bad the Colts will win the Superbowl. Nobody can stop them, with the best passer in the league, the RB who has the second most yards and the best WR group in the league hands down, the colts are bound for playoff success. When Manning gets in a groove he is better then any QB in the league. Denver could not beat the colts, besides there constant cut blocking they can not keep up with the Colts offense. Not one D in the league has the power to shut down, Edge, Stokley,Harrison, Wayne, Pollard and Clark. As good as Denvers D is its nowhere near as good as the Colts O is.
You might want to go find a large piece of wood and start knocking.

You're talking a lot of crap and are very over confident.

The Colts are a great team.

They aren't the '85 Bears.

Sylvanfan
11-28-2004, 05:27 PM
Right now Manning is sooo far ahead of any quarterback from the mental aspect of the game. He is the smartest quarterback in the NFL, and no one is even close, not even remotely. He doesn't have the gamesmanship of guys like Farve, Elway, Montana or even Brady though, guys who consistantly won big games. But the only quarterbacks I've ever seen close to him for football knowlege and ball distribution are Montana, Young, and Marino. Peyton Manning runs the offence as efficiently and effective as any quarterback ever has right now. Still I need to see him do something to step and win a big game. I don't see him having that gamesmanship that the past greats who won superbowls. As good as Marino was, he wasn't able to come up big to get his team a Superbowl championship. Until Peyton does this, he's an upgraded Marino. That will get you to the Hall of Fame, but it won't win the Superbowl.

moon
11-28-2004, 05:51 PM
I think Manning and Indy has a chance this year but are certainly behind NE and Pitt in the AFC and Philly in the NFC.

I don't think Denver is as good as their record and Baltimore just is too inept offensively to win that many games in a row on the road.

flames_1987
11-28-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Displaced Flames fan+Nov 28 2004, 11:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Displaced Flames fan @ Nov 28 2004, 11:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-flames_1987@Nov 28 2004, 07:49 PM

You might want to go find a large piece of wood and start knocking.

You're talking a lot of crap and are very over confident.

The Colts are a great team.

They aren't the '85 Bears. [/b][/quote]
Alrighty maybe there is a little bias there but I've watched this team for about 4 years now and I've never seen them or for that fact any team play like this before. This entire season Manning has played amazing, he has yet to have a let down. I understand opponets aren't that great but man this guy. And he's such a class act and does so much work that I just can't see him being stopped. And to be honest right now I can't think of a team that actually can stop, Stokley, Harrison, Wayne, the second ranked running back in the league, clark and pollard and arguably one of the best QB's to play in the NFL. Thats all, not trying to be that cocky, because I'm the first to admit this D sucks.