PDA

View Full Version : Artest to get 30 games

snappyk
11-21-2004, 12:08 PM
TSN's web site is saying that Artest is going to be suspended for 30 games, the other 2 Pacers will each get 20 games and Wallace gets 5 games, those are huge suspensions.

nfotiu
11-21-2004, 04:08 PM
espn is saying the whole year. Not sure if that means the season or 2004.

It says 30,25,6,5 for the others.

albertGQ
11-21-2004, 04:09 PM
Artest gets 30
Jackson and O'neil get 20
and Wallace gets 5

According to the ticker

albertGQ
11-21-2004, 04:11 PM
TSN is actually saying

Artest gets season
Jackson gets 30
O'Neil gets 25
Wallace gets 6

Heaton
11-21-2004, 04:11 PM
Indiana's Ron Artest has been suspended the rest of the season (72 games).
Elsewhere, the Pacers' Stephen Jackson got 30 games, Jermaine O'Neal 25 games and Detoit's Ben Wallace got a six-game suspension.

Indiana's Anthony Johnson also got a five-game suspension, and four other players were suspended one game apiece.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-p...ov=ap&type=lgns (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-pacers-pistonsbrawl&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Deelow
11-21-2004, 04:13 PM
Any Canucks fans think it's stoo stiff?

albertGQ
11-21-2004, 04:24 PM
Looks like TSN was right

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/news_story.asp?id=105483

Table 5
11-21-2004, 04:35 PM
lets wait till the players union submits an appeal.....im thinking these will be reduced a little.

Good on the NBA though....no matter who's at fault, it can't have players running around punching people left and right.

AaronSJ
11-21-2004, 05:50 PM
Kudos to the NBA for their swift, decisive action. I hope Colin Campbell is paying attention.

These are severe punishments, harsher than anyone had predicted. The Pacers have lost their three top scorers, who have accounted for 60% of the team's offense this season. But it sends a very clear message - you simply cannot hit fans. Anyone think this will continue to be a problem in the future? I doubt it.

Good for the NBA. Maybe the Pacers and Canucks fans can form a support group or something... :rolleyes:

JiriHrdina
11-21-2004, 07:59 PM
Excellent job by the NBA. I didn't think they would have a guts to sit down Artest for the season, glad to see I was wrong.

dirk diggler
11-21-2004, 11:01 PM
While i dont agree with what artest and these guys did, there has to be some kind of security so these guys dont get stuff thrown on them and what are fans doing on the floor like a couple of the pistons fans... either way it is good to see a league with some balls, unlike the NHL and the puppet colin campbell...

Cowboy
11-21-2004, 11:33 PM
The only problem that I have with that whole situation is that Artest went into the crowd. I think that anyone who comes on to the court is fair game. I can't understand why fans in so many sports believe that because they paid their money they can do whatever they want. The fans that were on the floor and punched out should have been worth maybe a game or two and I hope that the NBA factored that in. If I was a player and I saw a man come down on to the floor I would smoke them especially if I thought no one was going to hold them back. I would rather hit than be hit.