PDA

View Full Version : dickensen to start for the Lions

calgaryred
11-21-2004, 11:39 AM
Just to give a heads up it's being reported on the Score that Dave Dickensen is starting for the Lions.

JiriHrdina
11-21-2004, 11:42 AM
Interesting, I thought they would go with Printers - unless he's not healthy enough to start.

calf
11-21-2004, 11:47 AM
My bet is that they knew all along who was going to start (to throw TO off). Printers got injured, then Dickenson came in and finished the job (so you go with the guy that is 100% and is hotter). Printers should be solid off the bench should DD falter

another thought would be that Printers had troubles this season against the 3-4 defence (mainly Calgary), so with TO being so stifling, and a smidgen better these days, it could have played a factor

Sylvanfan
11-21-2004, 11:49 AM
Yeah, I thought they'd go with Casey to start and turn to Dave for relief. Thing is I'm convinced that Casey would be knocked out of the game by the second half with Toronto's defence and B.C.'s so-so offensive line. Dave has shown he can come off the bench and direct the offence without missing a step. If Dickenson gets injured and Printers is forced into the game, than I'm not confident that Printers will be able to finish the game. Also Printers isn't a guy who's used to coming off the bench either whereas Dave has done it before. Going this way the Lions could be forced to use all three today. I'm sure a British site somewhere has odds on probability of B.C. Lions quarterback injuries and when they will occur. I would say theres 100% chance at least one is knocked out of the game and possibly both.