PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty 4

LockedOut
11-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Anybody play this yet? I just got it for the PC and multiplayer is a blast. Single player is supposed to be only about 5 hours long though. Already right now there are currently 7000+ players online for PC. I'd say so far this is more fun than COD and COD2 for online.

Tyler
11-07-2007, 09:02 PM
The trailers looked absolutely amazing.

Does the actual game look as good?

metallicat
11-07-2007, 09:20 PM
The game is fantastic for the 360. I suck at multiplayer, but it's a ton of fun. I got it yesterday and have played for maybe an hour so far. No single play yet.

photon
11-07-2007, 09:54 PM
Started the single player part, game looks pretty amazing.

Hack&Lube
11-08-2007, 03:17 AM
The sniper mission is one of my best gaming experiences of all time (until the end which is impossible).

I'd say the variation in locales and moods makes this game possibly more...pretty...than Crysis ever will be. There's just a certain ambience in it for some reason, especially in Chernobyl.

Anyway, if you think the SP is short, make sure to play it on Vetran and you may never pass the game. I started the game on vetran and it's killing me. It might take weeks to pass at this rate because I'm playing certain parts of levels dozens of times over.

worth
11-08-2007, 07:47 AM
Maybe thats fun for you, but for me having to re do a part over and over again gets kind of boring after the 5th time. I played on veteran on the demo level and kept getting killed from stupid grenades that guys can launch 100 yards that land at your feet.

And when you'd get to the roftop to hit the tanks with the anti tank weapon, it's nearly impossible to shot the thing off without getting shot because you have to be in the open.

I'll buy it and play it when I get the time. Everyone I talk to says it's amazing, but i'm a little more skeptical.

BlAcKNoVa
11-08-2007, 07:49 AM
Got mine yesterday aswell. Online is intense 100% of the time. Explosions, smoke, choppers, planes flying all the around blowing shiz up.

Haven't tried single player yet, but I'm in love with the multiplayer part of the game.

photon
11-08-2007, 11:32 AM
Lol the AC-130 sequence is awesome. Nothing like killing guys with a 105mm gun.

Old Yeller
11-08-2007, 11:47 AM
The AC-130 level is probably the most fun I've had in a game for a long time. Also it looks straight out of news footage from Iraq.

The game really is like playing a movie, I was so engrossed with it last night and now just want to go home from work and play more.

Also the game plays really well on my 6600GT which I was pleasantly surprised with.

JayP
11-08-2007, 11:47 AM
Maybe thats fun for you, but for me having to re do a part over and over again gets kind of boring after the 5th time. I played on veteran on the demo level and kept getting killed from stupid grenades that guys can launch 100 yards that land at your feet.

And when you'd get to the roftop to hit the tanks with the anti tank weapon, it's nearly impossible to shot the thing off without getting shot because you have to be in the open.

That's the thing. Every game can be made "longer" by making it ridiculously difficult - it doesn't add anything to the game though. Why can't developers realize that online multiplayer isn't all there is to gaming?

From all I've read CoD4 sounds like a great game, but a 5-hour single player campaign is an absolute joke. I'll probably still get it (although it's hard to say with a lot of great PC shooters coming out), but it's disappointing that games like the Halflife series are becoming more and more rare by the day..

photon
11-08-2007, 05:24 PM
Wow, short game, but intense. Finished it. The sniper mission is crazy.

Borrow it if you can, tough to justify buying it for the short single player game if you don't intend to do multiplayer, but holy crap is it worth it. One of the best single player experiences in a long time.

RW99
11-08-2007, 05:33 PM
Yeah, I think I'll rent this. I played through CoD 3 twice on the 360. Second time on Veteran, and damn that's tough. 5-6 single player is definitely on the short side and I don't play a lot of multilayer shooters with the exception of Team Fortress 2.

RyZ
11-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Very short, intense and nothing you haven't played 100 times before. If you are a multiplayer guy you should have some good times with the game. If you don't play MP and are a single player guy your $$$ might be better spent on Asasians Creed or Mass Effect in the comming weeks.

Jagger
11-08-2007, 06:22 PM
The graphics are nothing short of amazing. The first mission on the ship is jaw dropping! Yeah, I've played other games like it but the scripted events in COD are incredible and so much fun. I'll be playing MP likely but even so would consider it a worthwhile investment even for the short SP, it's that good.

Hack&Lube
11-08-2007, 07:02 PM

I'll buy it and play it when I get the time. Everyone I talk to says it's amazing, but i'm a little more skeptical.

To be honest, the demo mission was probably one of the most boring ones in the game, but I guess they included it because it gives you some idea of the variety of gameplay.

Hack&Lube
11-08-2007, 07:08 PM
That's the thing. Every game can be made "longer" by making it ridiculously difficult - it doesn't add anything to the game though. Why can't developers realize that online multiplayer isn't all there is to gaming?

From all I've read CoD4 sounds like a great game, but a 5-hour single player campaign is an absolute joke. I'll probably still get it (although it's hard to say with a lot of great PC shooters coming out), but it's disappointing that games like the Halflife series are becoming more and more rare by the day..

Frankly, Half-Life bores me to death, it's so linear and constricting. COD4 at least gives you some choice of alternate routes and a little sandbox gaming. Increasing the difficulty does make the game better IMHO, it adds a lot because it changes the whole way you play the game. You either get desperate or get creative in dealing with the way the game AI works. I've just passed it in Vetran mode, it probably took 25 hours of gaming altogether, playing many missions over and over again. You really need to have some very creative tactics to get past some of the missions in vetran mode, even if it means exploiting the game, then that's puzzle solving by itself.

There is stealth in this game (not just the sniper mission) if you didn't realize it - there are many missions where you can actually sneak through if you kill enemies without too much noise. If you can do it properly with stealth, you can sneak through the mission without it throwing hundreds of enemies at you. Once you set off a guard or somebody cries out, you see doors open and guards start pouring in. It's very tough to be stealthy, once little yelp from the soldier will make the game send hordes of enemies at you.

The only games I really enjoy are the kind that make you play over and over again to try to pass a level (like old style games) so this suits me fine. Half-Life 2 bored me to tears. I could probably get 10x the gameplay out of COD4 than Half-Life 2 (and I just passed Episode 2 just to get it over with and get the story, will never replay that ever again). COD4 gives you a sense of immersion in a real world - yet cinematic experience. Half-Life feels like you are in a comic book. Maybe my problem is I just never acclimated to the story of Half-Life 2. I liked Half-Life 1 but HL2's world was just an immense jump into a place I didn't really want to be and therefore playing that game was a struggle to keep my interest.

The gnome addition was the best thing in EP2 in my opinion, gave me a challenging concept I had to try over and over again to actually accomplish.
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc255/mesistophocles/lolcats-funny-pictures-gmone-cat.jpg

greerb
11-08-2007, 07:55 PM
Has anyone played it for PS3 yet? I am planning on picking it up next week on payday. Since trading in my gen 1 360 this past Monday for a PS3 I am fairly dissapointed with the game quality of NHL and Madden 08. But finally having both a Blu-ray and a HDDVD player is great. I'm hoping COD 4 is not a huge letdown on the PS3.

Shawnski
11-09-2007, 12:02 AM
Wow, played some of the single player mode, very nice.

But the multiplayer side takes it to a whole new level. Two thumbs up (and a big toe.)

Yeah_Baby
11-09-2007, 11:34 AM
Has anyone played it for PS3 yet? I am planning on picking it up next week on payday. Since trading in my gen 1 360 this past Monday for a PS3 I am fairly dissapointed with the game quality of NHL and Madden 08. But finally having both a Blu-ray and a HDDVD player is great. I'm hoping COD 4 is not a huge letdown on the PS3.

from what I have read it's not a let down.

llama64
11-09-2007, 11:45 AM
Penny Arcades comment on CoD4:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/11/09

Made me laugh.

StrayBullet
11-09-2007, 12:24 PM
This game is easily the 2nd best game on PS3.

Flaming Choy
11-09-2007, 01:02 PM
gonna wait to get it on the 15th. Bestbuy has a deal for COD4 + Assassin's Creed for $90.

JayP
11-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Frankly, Half-Life bores me to death, it's so linear and constricting. COD4 at least gives you some choice of alternate routes and a little sandbox gaming. Increasing the difficulty does make the game better IMHO, it adds a lot because it changes the whole way you play the game. You either get desperate or get creative in dealing with the way the game AI works. I've just passed it in Vetran mode, it probably took 25 hours of gaming altogether, playing many missions over and over again. You really need to have some very creative tactics to get past some of the missions in vetran mode, even if it means exploiting the game, then that's puzzle solving by itself.

There is stealth in this game (not just the sniper mission) if you didn't realize it - there are many missions where you can actually sneak through if you kill enemies without too much noise. If you can do it properly with stealth, you can sneak through the mission without it throwing hundreds of enemies at you. Once you set off a guard or somebody cries out, you see doors open and guards start pouring in. It's very tough to be stealthy, once little yelp from the soldier will make the game send hordes of enemies at you.

The only games I really enjoy are the kind that make you play over and over again to try to pass a level (like old style games) so this suits me fine. Half-Life 2 bored me to tears. I could probably get 10x the gameplay out of COD4 than Half-Life 2 (and I just passed Episode 2 just to get it over with and get the story, will never replay that ever again). COD4 gives you a sense of immersion in a real world - yet cinematic experience. Half-Life feels like you are in a comic book. Maybe my problem is I just never acclimated to the story of Half-Life 2. I liked Half-Life 1 but HL2's world was just an immense jump into a place I didn't really want to be and therefore playing that game was a struggle to keep my interest.

The gnome addition was the best thing in EP2 in my opinion, gave me a challenging concept I had to try over and over again to actually accomplish.
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc255/mesistophocles/lolcats-funny-pictures-gmone-cat.jpg

Good post, but you didn't seem to understand my point.

I used the Halflife series as an example as it actually realizes that having a lengthy single player campaign is important. The gameplay is obviously not that similar to CoD4, but there was a lot more effort put into the single player campaign as they both of great quality, but Halflife games are much longer.

I think replaying the campaign on harder difficulties is an artificial way of making the single player game "longer". First off, the same logic could be applied to most games, making a 25 hour game into a 50 hour one. More importantly, not all people like to play games like that. I'd much rather play a 20 hour campaign at a reasonable difficulty where it's tough, but I don't have to replay every couple rooms 5 times over than one where I do.

SarichFan
11-09-2007, 01:09 PM
I thought the campaign was just right, I was in everymoment... not bored to death and it ended spectacularly.

This game to the core is all about multiplayer.

llama64
11-09-2007, 01:16 PM
I thought the campaign was just right, I was in everymoment... not bored to death and it ended spectacularly.

This game to the core is all about multiplayer.

How does it stack up to Halo3?

SarichFan
11-09-2007, 01:37 PM
How does it stack up to Halo3?

After getting 1000 Achievments in Halo 3 I got burn out. It's never been my favorite franchise but I enjoyed it while it lasted. Halo 3 is too much "Hold down shoot, jump around, throw grenade, melee.. repeat"

I actually traded in my limited edition Halo 3 for COD:4 for PS3, I got the PS3 version because I find Achievments a burden and just want to play the game.

Halo 3's campaign is more story, but you're pretty much doing the same thing every level. COD:4 is a really nice mix of interesting missions, some parts are down right scary where you sense that you've got to stay alive like you're in the game. There's more emotion involved in COD:4's campaign imo you REALLY want to take out the enemy. Shooting an idle car's engine to set it ablaze to see it explode and take out 5 or 6 enemies.

It is a little short. It's probably took me 7 or 8 hours but I don't like prolonged single player in shooters as long as I enjoy the ride from start to finish.

Don't even get me started on Online play.. it's demolishes Halo 3. The Halo serious has always been a little canned imo, nothing felt natural. In COD:4 it feels real. You can take out a guy across the map with a well placed bunch of rounds from an M16, or AK 47. You don't need to hold down the shoot button and pray. You can sneak up and Knife a sniper while he's looking out of a window..

and during a game if you get 3 kills without dying you can get active radar, 5 kills and Air Strike, 7 kills you can call in a chopper.

Plus the RPG esque levelling is great.

I'd give Halo 3 a 8.9 but I'd give COD:4 a solid 9.7. I'd give it a complete 10 if Single players was just a TAD longer.

llama64
11-09-2007, 02:08 PM
After getting 1000 Achievments in Halo 3 I got burn out. It's never been my favorite franchise but I enjoyed it while it lasted. Halo 3 is too much "Hold down shoot, jump around, throw grenade, melee.. repeat"

I actually traded in my limited edition Halo 3 for COD:4 for PS3, I got the PS3 version because I find Achievments a burden and just want to play the game.

Halo 3's campaign is more story, but you're pretty much doing the same thing every level. COD:4 is a really nice mix of interesting missions, some parts are down right scary where you sense that you've got to stay alive like you're in the game. There's more emotion involved in COD:4's campaign imo you REALLY want to take out the enemy. Shooting an idle car's engine to set it ablaze to see it explode and take out 5 or 6 enemies.

It is a little short. It's probably took me 7 or 8 hours but I don't like prolonged single player in shooters as long as I enjoy the ride from start to finish.

Don't even get me started on Online play.. it's demolishes Halo 3. The Halo serious has always been a little canned imo, nothing felt natural. In COD:4 it feels real. You can take out a guy across the map with a well placed bunch of rounds from an M16, or AK 47. You don't need to hold down the shoot button and pray. You can sneak up and Knife a sniper while he's looking out of a window..

and during a game if you get 3 kills without dying you can get active radar, 5 kills and Air Strike, 7 kills you can call in a chopper.

Plus the RPG esque levelling is great.

I'd give Halo 3 a 8.9 but I'd give COD:4 a solid 9.7. I'd give it a complete 10 if Single players was just a TAD longer.

Your comparison is great, thanks! I own Call of Duty 3 (came with my xbox) and have found it boring and repetitive. But it seems like they did better with this version.

I think I'll give it a spin as part of that Future Shop deal mentioned earlier.

phaneuf_train
11-09-2007, 03:27 PM
Your comparison is great, thanks! I own Call of Duty 3 (came with my xbox) and have found it boring and repetitive. But it seems like they did better with this version.

I think I'll give it a spin as part of that Future Shop deal mentioned earlier.
InfinityWard gave Call of Duty 3 to Treyarch so InfinityWard could make Call of Duty 4 while the different company was making Call of Duty 3. So 3 was pretty much a different game from 1, 2, and 4.

metallicat
11-09-2007, 03:29 PM
COD3 just didn't have a good feel to me. The multiplayer on COD4 is already as good, if not better than COD2.

burnin_vernon
11-09-2007, 04:07 PM
Is there any continuity in the stories of the COD games? Can I just buy COD4 without missing anything?

metallicat
11-09-2007, 04:13 PM
Yes, you don't need to have played the past games. But if you have a 360 for example, I think you would be doing yourself a disservice to not at least try COD2, and then COD3.

Hack&Lube
11-09-2007, 05:06 PM
The games have nothing to do with each other. Call of Duty 1-3 were all WWII games that put you in the shoes of a various allied soldiers. There's no comprehensive story.

COD4 moves it up to the modern era.

Canuck-Hater
11-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Is it better on the PC or XBOX 360?

Yeah_Baby
11-10-2007, 01:29 PM
This game is easily the 2nd best game on PS3.

what do you consider the first?

Hack&Lube
11-10-2007, 02:08 PM

I honestly don't know how people play FPS games on consoles. How do you aim with a controller with those thumbsticks??? Does the Xbox version dumb it down or help you to aim?

Keyboard and mouse is the way to play in my books...although the Xbox version has achievements.

phaneuf_train
11-10-2007, 02:09 PM
I tried multiplayer for the first time last night. I didn't go to bed until 7AM.

BlAcKNoVa
11-10-2007, 02:31 PM
^Haha, I know the feeling. I just finished an 8 or 9 hour gaming session online with it. Damn, what an amazing game. So intense.

What's your guys level online?? I just hit 25.

CaramonLS
11-10-2007, 02:46 PM
Just bought it. Installing now.

SarichFan
11-10-2007, 02:48 PM
I'm 11 or so.. I'm loving it. For some reason I'm actually above 1:2 ratio like most shooter games, I'm around 2:1 kills per death.

Honestly the best online shooter since Counter Strike in it's hay day.

SarichFan
11-10-2007, 02:49 PM

Probably PC if you can run it well. I have a 360 and PS3 but got the PS3 version and it runs and looks phenomenal.

Yeah_Baby
11-10-2007, 03:01 PM
Probably PC if you can run it well. I have a 360 and PS3 but got the PS3 version and it runs and looks phenomenal.

whats the HD output for the ps3?

phaneuf_train
11-10-2007, 03:12 PM
Is xboxlive down right now????????????
EDIT: Nope, just the 3 red rings of death//

metallicat
11-10-2007, 04:38 PM
I'm on Level 9. I am terrible terrible at this game, but fun as hell.

photon
11-10-2007, 05:30 PM
Man don't tempt me, I spend enough time online with TF2, I don't need another online game.

CaramonLS
11-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Man, higher levels have a pretty big advantage w/ red dot scopes and such. Only lvl 7 now, but damn, this game is fun.

CaramonLS
11-10-2007, 10:58 PM
So how do you get the chopper/call in airstrikes? I have absolutely no idea.

Skyceman
11-10-2007, 11:36 PM
So how do you get the chopper/call in airstrikes? I have absolutely no idea.

You have to go to the labelled yellow spot on the map - its in the field pretty much right in front of the building.

SarichFan
11-10-2007, 11:39 PM
You have to go to the labelled yellow spot on the map - its in the field pretty much right in front of the building.

wtf... Just hit a dpad button, left I think.

Anyhoo, I shot a copter down with a sniper rifle. haha it was awesome

Shawnski
11-10-2007, 11:56 PM

WDF are you talking about?

After 3 kills without getting killed, you can call in the radar plane (right d pad on XBox 360). If you do this just before you get five kills in a row, you will see where everyone is when you call in an airstrike (again, right d pad, but with an option of where to attack, thus the radar helps.)

With seven kills in a row, you can call in a helicopter (AGAIN right d pad) that works all by itself. You get credit for its kills.

Level 24 so far... crack is less addicting.

SarichFan
11-10-2007, 11:58 PM
The PS3 servers are having the same problem the 360 beta had.. It's been a pain in the ass but i've been so impressed with the PS3 controller that i'm sticking with that version.

I hope they get it fixed soon and permanent.. I'm only level 12 :(

Skyceman
11-11-2007, 12:02 AM
In the single player demo, there is a point where you are supposed to call in the choper/air strikes to nail a building which was what I thought Caramon was asking for.

Canuck-Hater
11-12-2007, 05:23 PM
Downloaded the demo today, finished it in 10 minutes. Im sure the single player is pretty short, but if the mutiplayer is really fluid its worth it. I would have to say its amazing, I love the graphics, my computer can handle it, definately buyin this.

Hemi-Cuda
11-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Man don't tempt me, I spend enough time online with TF2, I don't need another online game.

i know exactly how you feel. TF2 takes up enough time as is, i really don't need another crutch

FurnaceFace
11-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Thanks for all the comments on this...I think I'll need to pick it up, liking the Counter-Strike game play comparison.

Questions:
Is the sniping (or any game play) similar to the sniping in Ghost Recon?
I read there is some stealth to the game, anywhere close to the stealth in the Thief series? (I loved Thief, especially Deadly Shadows)

Agree with some, I really enjoy these games if the SG or MP mode can stand on their own. A friend used to compare value of games to movies. For a $60 game, if you got more than 12 hrs (6 2hr movies) then the game is worth it. Pretty decent test if you ask me.

metallicat
11-12-2007, 06:20 PM
Usually I buy a game and play the single player until it's done, and barely touch the multiplayer. But this is the exact opposite. I don't even want to get into the single player, because the multiplayer is just so damn good. COD2 used to be my favorite game, but this has taken over.

Neeper
11-12-2007, 10:59 PM
COD4 is pretty fun. I love the COD series and this one delivers. However, I am VERY disappointed I finished this game this game the next day. I had no idea it was so short. At least it's fun online.

Hack&Lube
11-13-2007, 12:08 AM
Again, people who say it's too short are playing on too easy a difficulty level where you can just run and gun through a level. Play hardened or vetran and you have to replay missions several dozens of times over and find creative tactics to get around the respawning enemies with perfectly aimed shots and grenades that are lethal on 1 hit.

REDVAN
11-13-2007, 12:21 AM
Besides from the obvious comments that we all need girlfriends... or those of us who do have hopefully found one that doesn't complain about 8 hour gaming marathons...

My bro just got COD4 and I haven't played it but it looks awesome! I have doubts it would run on my computer though, is it a hog?

I haven't tried TF2 because I am still addicted to CS: Source. Can't get enough.

But back to COD4: how hard is this game? Ie/ if I like arcade style like CSS will I find it hard to adjust to the controls?

Hack&Lube
11-13-2007, 12:26 AM
Besides from the obvious comments that we all need girlfriends... or those of us who do have hopefully found one that doesn't complain about 8 hour gaming marathons...

My bro just got COD4 and I haven't played it but it looks awesome! I have doubts it would run on my computer though, is it a hog?

I haven't tried TF2 because I am still addicted to CS: Source. Can't get enough.

But back to COD4: how hard is this game? Ie/ if I like arcade style like CSS will I find it hard to adjust to the controls?

COD4 runs more smoothly on most computers than most newer games, it's a pleasant surprise for how nice it looks.

I'm not sure what you mean by arcade style of CSS. CS is certainly not arcade style when you are talking about FPS games, it's way more on the tactical side.

REDVAN
11-13-2007, 01:42 AM
I'm not sure what you mean by arcade style of CSS. .

I don't have a lot of experience with games other than the few I play often. I just mean that CSS is very easy to control your character, and that is something I enjoy about the game. Is COD like that?

LockedOut
11-13-2007, 09:55 AM
I don't have a lot of experience with games other than the few I play often. I just mean that CSS is very easy to control your character, and that is something I enjoy about the game. Is COD like that?
There a couple of things extra in COD you can't do in CSS with your character. You can crouch and also go prone in COD. You can lean to the left and right to look around corners. The most important thing is looking down the sights of your gun when shooting which also sort of zooms in also. This is where CSS and COD differ greatly. It's almost always necessary to look down your sights when shooting from a distance to reduce spray. It takes a while to get used to if you've never had to do it in other games. There is also a melee attack with any gun. It's like knifing in CSS but you don't have to switch weapons just press a button or key. To throw grenades is the same. Just assign a button or key without having to switch first.

Edit: Just wanted to add that this game is getting huge online. As I type this there is over 30000 people playing COD 4 online on the PC version.

Canuck-Hater
11-13-2007, 02:00 PM

Try the demo. Thats usually how you can tell if it runs well.

LockedOut
11-15-2007, 02:13 PM
Small patch is out, v1.1

Description:
It addresses the issue of Rank / Stat resets reported by users moving from a Modded / Un-ranked server to a non Modded / Ranked Server

http://www.gamershell.com/download_22013.shtml

worth
11-19-2007, 09:20 AM
I "acquired" COD4 yesterday...i'm mainly a SP gamer, so I really couldn't justify spending $50 for 6 hours of gameplay, but i'm pretty impressed. The game if fun and a lot more open ended than I thought it would be. It's still pretty narrow, but you have a few options on how you want to fight.

The AC-130 level is unreal. Kind of shows how desensitized we are toward that sort of thing, and it seemed a little disturbing to me to be shooting the little white dots on the ground, but it was freaking cool.

I'm doing the sniper mission right now. Probably finish up tonight. Fun little game.

phaneuf_train
11-19-2007, 09:57 AM
Heres my stats:
In 16 hours and 25 minutes of online play I have 31802 points. 1553 kills and 946 deaths a 1.64 k/d ratio. My best streak is 17 and my accuracy is 20.28% Level 41.
I can see myself playing this game for a good year or two as the multiplayer is so diverse and if you get bored of something theres another great gametype to play.
In my mind this is definatly game of the year material.

SarichFan
11-19-2007, 01:38 PM
Yeah there is so many game modes and they differ a ton from mode to mode. I still prefer team death match and free for all.

I-Hate-Hulse
11-25-2007, 07:22 PM
This game is sick. Best descriptor I can think of is that it's like playing Blackhawk Down. Fast, intense, and a ton of fun. Great graphics, and sound - I've been banished to headphones by the g/f. This here is why I've abandoned my Wii and it's genre of kid friendly games.

SarichFan
11-25-2007, 08:30 PM
I LOVE this game, so damn much

Canuck-Hater
11-25-2007, 08:42 PM
This game is sick! the most in depth Multiplayer I have ever seen!

Neeper
11-25-2007, 10:06 PM
Any of you guys play on XBOX live? I am always looking for people that I know to play with. Neeper78 is my xbox live screen name.

phaneuf_train
11-25-2007, 10:10 PM
There's a little CP xboxlive community. You all can add me. "Iggy Snipes" is my tag.

I-Hate-Hulse
11-25-2007, 10:15 PM
Sadly I don't game MP. Too many 14 yr old kids who game 8 hours a day to womp my arse.

Buff
11-25-2007, 10:22 PM
Sadly I don't game MP. Too many 14 yr old kids who game 8 hours a day to womp my arse.

I know a group of old fellers who play this game... I'm talking fellers who are nearly as old as cheese. The scary part is, these guys can beat the pants of them 14 yr old kids.... thats because they are retired and play the darn game 12 hours a day.

CRXguy
11-25-2007, 11:33 PM
There's a little CP xboxlive community. You all can add me. "Iggy Snipes" is my tag.

So that's you. haha... You're on my friends list. I'm EJ20WRX on Live.

Jagger
11-26-2007, 12:59 AM
This is an absolutely fantastic game. I don't care if the SP is short, every single moment of it is top notch. Anybody with reservations about the length of the single player is seriously going to be missing out on one of the best games ever if they don't pick it up.

Neeper
11-26-2007, 01:25 AM
There is?? Where?

I'll add you tonight!

RW99
11-28-2007, 10:20 PM
You added me, then deleted me days later (Lags in Banff). Never got a chance to play with you :(

JayP
11-29-2007, 08:24 AM
This is an absolutely fantastic game. I don't care if the SP is short, every single moment of it is top notch. Anybody with reservations about the length of the single player is seriously going to be missing out on one of the best games ever if they don't pick it up.

I wouldn't call it one of the best games ever. It's definitely the best shooter out this year though (aside from Orange Box, but it's hard to beat 5 games).

The SP is top notch, but it's ridiculously short. Not to mention that it's pretty much all scripted so the replay value is pretty low as well.

I haven't got to MP yet since I just got the game on Sunday and beat the SP last night, but if you're playing for SP alone it could be tough to justify spending $50+ on a game you'll play for 6 hours.

BlAcKNoVa
11-29-2007, 10:09 AM
I'm still playing it a lot. My GT is NovataK

Jagger
11-29-2007, 10:22 AM
I wouldn't call it one of the best games ever.

Yeah, you're right I misspoke. I meant to say 'one of the best games in the genre'. For a FPS it is an excellent game, albeit a short experience in the single player mode. I've played the MP some more and, even though I'm getting my ass kicked, it's lot's of fun and adds considerable value to the package.

JayP
11-29-2007, 10:28 AM
Yeah, you're right I misspoke. I meant to say 'one of the best games in the genre'. For a FPS it is an excellent game, albeit a short experience in the single player mode. I've played the MP some more and, even though I'm getting my ass kicked, it's lot's of fun and adds considerable value to the package.

Yeah it's definitely one of the best FPS's around. It actually adds some variety to the gameplay unlike most FPS's where it's the same repetitive style for the entire game.

The sniper mission and the mission where you're providing air support were two of the better levels I've ever played in a FPS.

I know they made it short to reduce the repetitiveness, but I think they could have stretched it to 9-10 hours and still kept it's charm.

phaneuf_train
12-02-2007, 12:02 AM
You added me, then deleted me days later (Lags in Banff). Never got a chance to play with you :(
Sorry bout that. I have so many clan people on my friends list from this game that my list is full. Its all clans/calgary puck. I just had to take another one off and you were playing the least at the time, but it was random.

Hopefully I can win this 2 grand from this tournament. It's really fun. So far my clan and I are 3-0.

Mayer
01-02-2008, 05:57 PM
Sorry to rehash an old thread, but I'm trying to play online and am unsure of what exactly to do. I thought you could just go on and jump into a game. Do I have to find someone to add me to a game or something? I've been playing for a while now and figured I might as well see what the hype is about on multiplayer. Can anyone help?

Rhetts_the_Best
01-02-2008, 06:17 PM
Oh My god best game for x box 360, besides bio-shock
Graphics are outstanding, incredibly Realistic!
So fun online or just hanging with your buddies!
5 stars
It didn't win like 50 or some Gaming awards for nothing

SarichFan
01-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Sorry to rehash an old thread, but I'm trying to play online and am unsure of what exactly to do. I thought you could just go on and jump into a game. Do I have to find someone to add me to a game or something? I've been playing for a while now and figured I might as well see what the hype is about on multiplayer. Can anyone help?

What? Join a game mode and it'll throw you into a lobby and you play. It's that simple

Mayer
01-02-2008, 06:30 PM
What? Join a game mode and it'll throw you into a lobby and you play. It's that simple

I go to Xbox Live, then I go to "Find a Match", then pick the game type, and then it stays at the next screen saying "Waiting for X amount of players". I must be missing something because I don't see where you can just jump into a game.

metallicat
01-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Just wait for enough players to join. That has never taken more than a couple of minutes, and sometimes as quick as five seconds.

Mayer
01-02-2008, 06:57 PM
Just wait for enough players to join. That has never taken more than a couple of minutes, and sometimes as quick as five seconds.

Whoops. I just realized that. I waited for a minute and a bunch of others joined. God damn that is fun! I'm horrible, but it sure is fun.

metallicat
01-02-2008, 07:10 PM
Whoops. I just realized that. I waited for a minute and a bunch of others joined. God damn that is fun! I'm horrible, but it sure is fun.LOL, I'm horrible as well. I have something like twice as many deaths as kills.

SarichFan
01-02-2008, 07:56 PM
I just his level 49.. The levelling takes a looooooooooong time once you get up there. It kinda makes me want to puke seeing guys like level 42 in Prestige mode already.

When I hit 55, I'm not doing that nonsense.

Shawnski
01-02-2008, 08:16 PM
I just his level 49.. The levelling takes a looooooooooong time once you get up there. It kinda makes me want to puke seeing guys like level 42 in Prestige mode already.

When I hit 55, I'm not doing that nonsense.

49 on Prestige? First time or tenth time? Heck you can wrap the 55 ten times AFTER you do it once. 605 total levels.

Suck it up Jordan. It really isn't that hard to loop through. Heck even me the old man has already done it twice. I am at level 122.

wired
01-02-2008, 08:43 PM
The sniper mission is one of my best gaming experiences of all time (until the end which is impossible).

I'd say the variation in locales and moods makes this game possibly more...pretty...than Crysis ever will be. There's just a certain ambience in it for some reason, especially in Chernobyl.

Anyway, if you think the SP is short, make sure to play it on Vetran and you may never pass the game. I started the game on vetran and it's killing me. It might take weeks to pass at this rate because I'm playing certain parts of levels dozens of times over.
Just keep crawling foreward. It took me two hours to figure this out.