PDA

View Full Version : Another Horror Movie Trailer

HelloHockeyFans
08-05-2004, 03:51 PM
Coming to theatres October 22! If you liked 'The Ring', this movie looks similar.

The Grudge (http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/the_grudge/)

calgaryred
08-05-2004, 05:05 PM
The hand in the hair when she's in the shower was pretty cool. I'll wait until it comes to satellite looks interesting.

TheCommodoreAfro
08-05-2004, 05:35 PM
Don't like Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Like the Ring, I'm anticipating that the J-verison is much scarier. (And the North American version of Ring was not too bad, IMHO). The movie, if you're willing to pick your way through Chinatown videostores, is called "Jyuon" in Japanese and has been around a couple of years now.

I saw a copy of it in the Pacific Place a year back, so I know it's around.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v71/feffrey/jyuon.jpg

Looger
08-06-2004, 10:59 AM
the same directors/writers of ringu or ringuku (can't remember...) have another movie, big over there, aboot an island full of teenage kids, where only one can survive. they drop off weapons and let er' rip.

anyone know if that'll ever get re-made here, or released with subtitles or something?

reminds me of 'the long walk' by stephen king...

kaotik
08-06-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Looger@Aug 6 2004, 10:59 AM
the same directors/writers of ringu or ringuku (can't remember...) have another movie, big over there, aboot an island full of teenage kids, where only one can survive. they drop off weapons and let er' rip.

anyone know if that'll ever get re-made here, or released with subtitles or something?

That movie is great...

octothorp
08-06-2004, 11:30 AM
On a related subject, has anyone else seen the trailers for 'Shaun of the Dead'? They showed it before The Village last weekend. Looks scary as hell.

(I particularly like their use of L7's 'Pretend that We're Dead' as the music for the trailer.)

http://www.focusfeatures.com/viewer.php?f=...mov&w=480&h=202 (http://www.focusfeatures.com/viewer.php?f=shaun_of_the_dead&c=trailer&ext=mov&w=480&h=202)

Ro
08-06-2004, 12:10 PM
Are you referring to Battle Royale?

If so, great flick.

Crazy Flamer
08-06-2004, 12:33 PM
Looks like there are some good flicks coming out soon.

HelloHockeyFans
08-06-2004, 01:37 PM
I absolutely love the new way in which horror flicks are being presented. No more of the gory bloodshed, the phony chase scenes or the typical axe-wielding psychopath.

The new generation of horror flicks are cheaper to produce, yet much much scarier.

TheCommodoreAfro
08-06-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Looger@Aug 7 2004, 01:59 AM

It is Battle Royale. Other than to make money, there is no need to "North Americanize" the film. Just go see it.

It's Ringu (Ring) that you're talking about, but Takeshi Kitano (one of the producers of Battle Royale) wasn't involved in the original of the Ring, which is actually more frightening. In fact, the whole J and K horror genres are getting their rights scooped up by guys like Speilberg now, as a testament to their ability to actually scare.

And if you ever want to be really freaked out, watch "Audition".

Looger
08-07-2004, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by octothorp@Aug 6 2004, 05:30 PM
(I particularly like their use of L7's 'Pretend that We're Dead' as the music for the trailer.)
you mean L7 found time to make some real music?

i thought their claim to fame would forever be song titles, like:
"the masses are asses"

genius.

Rubber Ducky
08-07-2004, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Looger@Aug 6 2004, 09:59 AM
Probably slightly off-topic, but seeing as how it was mentioned, did this story rattle anyone else's cage like it did to me?

I still think/daydream/ponder about this story...