PDA

View Full Version : Carter to Portland?

the_only_turek_fan
11-18-2004, 04:15 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nba/news_story.asp?id=105068

A trade that would shake up both teams.

JiriHrdina
11-18-2004, 04:29 PM
Well I hope Van Exel is not part of the deal. Dude is getting old and if he's not happy he sulks as much as Vince or more.

But then again the Raps will be lucky to get anything for a injury proned, whiner who isn't willing to take the ball to the hoop and pay the price.

calgaryred
11-18-2004, 05:31 PM
If the deal makes Toronto a worse off team I fully support it.

Mike__
11-18-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by JiriHrdina@Nov 18 2004, 11:29 PM
Well I hope Van Exel is not part of the deal. Dude is getting old and if he's not happy he sulks as much as Vince or more.

But then again the Raps will be lucky to get anything for a injury proned, whiner who isn't willing to take the ball to the hoop and pay the price.
I agree. Although I would hate Rose to leave, Abdur-Rahim would be a great addition, Toronto is seriously lacking a big body down low but Rose has been very consistent for the most part and is a solid player. I hope rose doesn't leave

showtime
11-19-2004, 01:13 AM
I would imagine there is more to that deal then Van Exel and Abdur-Rahim coming to TO...With both of their contracts expiring at the end of the year, why would TO trade their two best players for cap room?

Oxygen-Supply
11-19-2004, 10:36 AM
So they don't spend another year with out VC. :D

We is Hurt to much, only plays when he feels like it. <_<

Oxygen-Supply
11-19-2004, 11:22 AM
I just finished talking to a source that is very close to the situation. He said the deal will get done within the next 24-48 hours. The teams are now working out he the 2 other players from the Raptors will be. Pape Sow and Roger Mason who the Raptors are willing to give up. Don't know if that is who the Blazer want or not. I am also told that Carter and Rose WILL NOT DRESS FOR TONIGHT'S GAME against Seattle. The team dose not want to risk and injury to either player and ruin the trade. There is a strong possibility Toronto will sign Carl English on Monday to a 10 day contract and then go from there. It is more of a PR move but it also fills the spot on roster for the time being. My source also said the Raptors have zero interest in Ray Allen in the off season, right now the guy that they would like to go after is Michael Redd.

This was just posted on the raptorschat.ca

Homer_J
11-19-2004, 12:58 PM
That's a tough call on that trade. It would be nice to see the Raps clear up some much needed cap space, but at what price? It's obvious that Vince has to go, as his heart isn't in Toronto. As a Raptor's fan, I've always thought to myself, if Vince was on any other team I would despise the guy. Now I'm feeling that way about him, even though he's still in Toronto. His whining, pouting, no heart, half-assed, love-in with the opposition, act is getting really old.

If the Raps do swing this trade with Portland, I guess the worst case scenario is that they tank this season. However, they'd hopefully come out of it with a good lottery pick and possibly one of the few top end free agents next off-season.

I_H8_Crawford
11-19-2004, 01:14 PM
Why Abdur-Rahim though?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't he play the 4/PF position just like Bosh??
Raps need a center and a decent SG, and if Rose leaves, they need a 3 as well... I just can't picture either Bosh or Rahim playing the 3 spot and consistently draining long range shots...

Otto-matic
11-19-2004, 01:59 PM
Blazers GM denies trade talks (http://www.tsn.ca/nba/news_story.asp?ID=105167)

JiriHrdina
11-19-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by showtime@Nov 19 2004, 02:13 AM
I would imagine there is more to that deal then Van Exel and Abdur-Rahim coming to TO...With both of their contracts expiring at the end of the year, why would TO trade their two best players for cap room?
Simple - cap space. In the NBA its all about Cap space. Guys with expiry contracts have in some cases more value than guys who are signed to long-term deals, if they are guys that are flawed (like Vince is).

Raps will suck this seaosn but if they can swing this deal they can make some serious changes via the free agent market in the off-season.

Mike__
11-20-2004, 10:47 AM
Well Carter and Rose did dress for last nights game. From what I hear they are putting the trade on hold till they get a 3-way deal done. Reason for this is SAR doesn't want to come to Canada.

octothorp
11-22-2004, 11:42 AM
Too bad all the Carter stuff is overshadowing the Raptors thus far this season--a 20-point comeback in the fourth quarter--that was something else. One of the best quarters of basketball they've played in recent memory, and all without Carter. Hopefully they can get someone worthwhile for Carter and Rose, but Bosh is the guy you've got to build this team around now. He's got the potential to be the new franchise player.

Mike__
11-22-2004, 04:34 PM
they better find a team for Carter to go to soon while his Trade Value is still fairly high. Carter is a damn cancer for the Raps.

JiriHrdina
11-22-2004, 04:41 PM
Latest thing from Vince is that he doesn't want to dunk anymore. His act is getting very old.