PDA

View Full Version : When does this regular season start?

JiriHrdina
10-01-2007, 03:06 PM
A good question.

October 4th is the answer.

I need to update the calendar on the main CPHL page but to be honest right now I'm holding down 3 jobs and working about 65 hours a week - not a lot of time on my hands...so it might not get done right away.

So in the meantime - October 4th is puckdrop on our regular season.

Lines should be in before 2 PM as I may be simming games in the afternoon.

OILFAN #81
10-01-2007, 03:09 PM
A good question.

October 4th is the answer.

I need to update the calendar on the main CPHL page but to be honest right now I'm holding down 3 jobs and working about 65 hours a week - not a lot of time on my hands...so it might not get done right away.

So in the meantime - October 4th is puckdrop on our regular season.

Lines should be in before 2 PM as I may be simming games in the afternoon.

3 jobs? Dang that's impressive.

You need a gf G-Unit!:D

JiriHrdina
10-01-2007, 03:12 PM
3 jobs? Dang that's impressive.

You need a gf G-Unit!:D

I'm quickly learning that my chosen vocation pays crap.

looooob
10-01-2007, 03:13 PM
I'm unclear...is that why you have no g/f...or is that why you have 3 jobs

or both

Sylvanfan
10-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Man...it's going to be a long, long season.

I think Grants problem is that women just don't like guys who are under 6'-0 tall these days. If you're born after 1973 and you're under 6'-0 tall, and male....you're a new age midget!

JiriHrdina
10-01-2007, 03:16 PM
I'm unclear...is that why you have no g/f...or is that why you have 3 jobs

or both

Intended to answer why I have 3 jobs.

Likely the answer to both.

Either that or H&B is an expensive habit.

OILFAN #81
10-01-2007, 03:17 PM

You don't have to answer this, but what is it that you do? 3 jobs and 65 hours seems insane to me. I guess it's because I work only 40 hours a week on 1 job. Props to you on that. I don't think I could do what you do, that is impressive working almost 70 hours.

Sylvanfan
10-01-2007, 03:18 PM
^^^
Join the trades...they want you to work 70 hours a week at your one job! I quit my last quasi trade job for that reason...I don't want to work more than 50 anymore.

JiriHrdina
10-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Man...it's going to be a long, long season.

I think Grants problem is that women just don't like guys who are under 6'-0 tall these days. If you're born after 1973 and you're under 6'-0 tall, and male....you're a new age midget!

That...and the fact that us short guys generally don't like to date anyone who is taller than us - which basically eliminates half of the potential pool

How did this thread turn into a detailed discussion about my life?

OILFAN #81
10-01-2007, 03:24 PM
^^^
Join the trades...they want you to work 70 hours a week at your one job! I quit my last quasi trade job for that reason...I don't want to work more than 50 anymore.

I lived in Fort Mac till I was 18 and alot of people I know never went to College/University and joined the trades and made like $90,000 right away but they worked insane hours. Trades is great if you enjoy it but that is definately not for me. I like the standard Monday to Friday 9-5 office job working 40 hours a week and that's why I went into the field in University that I did. Props to people who work that many hours though, as I said that's impressive.

Prototype
10-01-2007, 03:24 PM

Been there... making money now...

KevanGuy
10-01-2007, 03:27 PM
That...and the fact that us short guys generally don't like to date anyone who is taller than us - which basically eliminates half of the potential pool

But if you date a taller woman your head will be at boob level whilst slow dancing! And nothin beats boob level whilst slow dancing.

droopydrew19
10-01-2007, 03:37 PM
If anyone has seen SuperBad...

Boys! we need to be guiding Grant's (cough **rooster**) not blocking it.

I say we start The Bachelor CPHL version.

Contestants?

OILFAN #81
10-01-2007, 03:38 PM
But if you date a taller woman your head will be at boob level whilst slow dancing! And nothin beats boob level whilst slow dancing.

This is true but if you date a woman shorter then you imagine where her head will be while slow dancing:w00t:

JiriHrdina
10-01-2007, 03:38 PM
This is true but if you date a woman shorter then you imagine where her head will be while slow dancing:w00t:

You must date REAL short women.

OILFAN #81
10-01-2007, 03:40 PM
You must date REAL short women.

Grant, we are not all under 6 feet, sorry.

OILFAN #81
10-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Now get back on topic or I will start handing out blue squares damnit!

Sylvanfan
10-01-2007, 03:44 PM
Grant, we are not all under 6 feet, sorry.

So you like having women who can smell your arm pits? Because if they're shorter than that and you're under 6 foot 8 inches feet tall....You're dating a midget! If you're taller than 6'-8....you're a damn freak anyway.

Normal guy dating a midget....ewwww creepy.

OILFAN #81
10-01-2007, 03:46 PM
So you like having women who can smell your arm pits? Because if they're shorter than that and you're under 6 foot 8 inches feet tall....You're dating a midget! If you're taller than 6'-8....you're a damn freak anyway.

Normal guy dating a midget....ewwww creepy.

LMAO.

Slava
10-01-2007, 03:58 PM
If anyone has seen SuperBad...

Boys! we need to be guiding Grant's (cough **rooster**) not blocking it.

I say we start The Bachelor CPHL version.

Contestants?

That is brilliant! I'm not a contestant, but I would be an avid viewer. One question though...are you sure this wouldn't be beauty and the geek?

(Sorry Grant, couldn't resist!)

OILFAN #81
10-01-2007, 04:17 PM
I just realized there is only 1 game on day 1 of the schedule and i'm in it. I believe that's exactly how the sked started last year as well. Day 1 - Rangers @ Thrashers.

Prototype
10-01-2007, 04:47 PM
I'm intimidated by taller women... no matter how hot they are...

Not that it matters now, cause I'm married to the 5'6 mother of my child...

Grant, as Fiddy Cent says... Go Shorty...

JiriHrdina
10-01-2007, 05:00 PM
I just realized there is only 1 game on day 1 of the schedule and i'm in it. I believe that's exactly how the sked started last year as well. Day 1 - Rangers @ Thrashers.

Almost every schedule I've seen the sim spit out starts with that one game - and just that one game. Silly sim.

Sylvanfan
10-01-2007, 05:06 PM
I seem to remember a lot of past schedules would be feast or famine the first 9 days or so. 3 days where there were like 14-15 games and the other 6 had 3 or less. Also used to seem like 3 of your first 4 games would be against the same team too. SIM is a crazy broad.

flambers
10-02-2007, 08:16 AM

LOL, Rangers for what ever reason are always on the first day and play three games in a row....dang SIM

JiriHrdina
10-03-2007, 10:55 AM
FYI the sim will be updated this afternoon. I will post when the file has been uploaded.

JiriHrdina
10-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Sim file is updated. Depending on how the day goes - tomorrow's game maybe simmed in the afternoon so lines in by 2 pm at the latest please.