PDA

View Full Version : OK, now I'm mad (NFL related)

Displaced Flames fan
09-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Just hopped on the net to listen to the Broncos game as I do every week when it is not on network TV here in Wichita (rare believe it or not) and low and behold none of the live streaming Broncos Radio Network affiliates are 'allowed' to stream games live anymore.

WTF?

I guess they want everyone to shell out the $300 for Sunday Ticket? Center Ice claims my PPV budget.:grrr: Money grabbing s!!

jam26
09-09-2007, 11:44 AM
I love the Rogers sports pack...$25/month gets me NHL Center ICE, Sunday Ticket, every MLB and NBA game, all in-car cameras for NASCAR races, NCAA football and OHL hockey.

Can't complain about that deal.

Flames in 07
09-09-2007, 11:53 AM
I think the proper rationale is can you afford NOT to have the ticket. Or move to Canada, it's 40 bucks a month here.

Juventus3
09-09-2007, 11:58 AM
I have a feeling NHL is doing something similar this year. That sucks man, hopefully you can figure something out.

Resolute 14
09-09-2007, 12:14 PM
The other leagues are just catching up to what MLB started about 5 years ago. Kinda hard to sell you on buying the ability to listen to games if the radio stations can offer it for free.

For us$39.95, you can listen to every NFL game online: http://www.nfl.com/fieldpass?icampaign=HPOW20000

Displaced Flames fan
09-09-2007, 12:29 PM
The other leagues are just catching up to what MLB started about 5 years ago. Kinda hard to sell you on buying the ability to listen to games if the radio stations can offer it for free.

For us$39.95, you can listen to every NFL game online: http://www.nfl.com/fieldpass?icampaign=HPOW20000

Yeah, I saw that too...but I will get to see probably 13 games on network TV so really no reason for me to do that.

Oh well

Flames in 07
09-09-2007, 02:12 PM
Dis, you have to look up how Denver just won.

Displaced Flames fan
09-09-2007, 02:17 PM
Dis, you have to look up how Denver just won.

Yeah, I will definitely be tivoing the replay on NFL Network this week. Was following along the game center at NFL.com but I still want to see it!:D

burn_baby_burn
09-10-2007, 11:42 AM
You missed that? That sucks. I'm no Broncos fan. But as an NFL fan. You will only see your favorite team pull off a game winning drive against impossible odds a few times in your life. Your NFL Sunday Ticket expense would have been worth the money right there.

Have you thought about Satellite Radio? You can listen to all the games with the home broadcasts with your regular subscription fee.

Bobblehead
09-10-2007, 12:20 PM
NFL Fieldpass actually started a few years ago. I used to be able to watch the updates on NFL.com and click the "Listen Now" like but that went to a pay service a few years ago. I got around that by finding a local broadcaster's streaming. Now it sounds like they clamped down on that, too.

I'm feeling nickel and dimed by these leagues. I understand they are just maximizing their revenues, but it is getting tiring when billionaires and millionaires clamp down.

Hard core fans will pay, but casual fans may not, and if the casual fan doesn't (or can't) turn into the hard core fan, will it hurt the long term revenue?

Are major sports leagues squeezing the "goose with the golden eggs" to death, or merely making sure all the gold that does come out is theirs alone?

FlamingLonghorn
09-10-2007, 12:24 PM
You missed that? That sucks. I'm no Broncos fan. But as an NFL fan. You will only see your favorite team pull off a game winning drive against impossible odds a few times in your life.

Actually as a Broncos fan he's probably seen it a hundred times during the period ole whats his name was qb...

burn_baby_burn
09-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Actually as a Broncos fan he's probably seen it a hundred times during the period ole whats his name was qb...

Game winning drives? Yes. But not game winning drives that are a 1000-1 shot. A fumbled snap within your own field goal range. Two 4th down conversions. Then the field goal team comes dashing out with 12 seconds left and kicks the game winning field goal with two seconds to spare (usually 15 seconds is considered the minimum time for bringing the field goal unit on the field, lineup, and snap the ball). I thought it was unbelievable. Maybe it was old hat to you Sowa. But that was allmost a once in a lifetime situation in my eyes. That field goal was the play of the day.

Bobblehead
09-10-2007, 03:04 PM
That field goal was the play of the day.

It's hard to decide between that and the 108 yard record kick-off return

burn_baby_burn
09-10-2007, 03:16 PM
It's hard to decide between that and the 108 yard record kick-off return

Both great plays. The differance being for me, I watched Denvers drive live. I had to catch a replay of the kick-off return.

Sylvanfan
09-10-2007, 04:02 PM
I give it to the Bronco's because pulling that play off won them the game. The kickoff return likely helped the Pats turn that game into a laugher and was a great play....but really thats not a play in my opinion that makes or breaks the game. Given how slim the margin for the Bronco's was last year in missing the playoffs and how close the AFC looks to be. I'd say pulling that play off could turn out to be the play of the year for them.

Displaced Flames fan
09-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Cutler was unbelievable on that last drive...yeah he did pitch the ball to nobody and that set them back, but his play AFTER that was freaking brilliant.

The two 4th down conversions were outstanding throws....actually , I don't think that adjective does them justice.

I've got to admit...after this game...I'm a LOT more excited about Jay Cutler than I was before....and I was pretty excited!

Flames in 07
09-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Probably a dumb question but I don't think it was 4th Down when Denver kicked the FG. Why didn't they just spike it?

Flames in 07
09-10-2007, 09:03 PM
Cutler was unbelievable on that last drive...yeah he did pitch the ball to nobody and that set them back, but his play AFTER that was freaking brilliant.

The two 4th down conversions were outstanding throws....actually , I don't think that adjective does them justice.

I've got to admit...after this game...I'm a LOT more excited about Jay Cutler than I was before....and I was pretty excited!

He made a few incredible passes, over the LB but below the safety, and a few brutal decisions, but I can see what all the talk is about.

burn_baby_burn
09-11-2007, 10:10 AM
Probably a dumb question but I don't think it was 4th Down when Denver kicked the FG. Why didn't they just spike it?

They didn't know that they had the first down for sure. During the telecast, nothing was mentioned about the Broncos getting the first down. It was, rush on to the field and kick the FG before time expires.

AaronSJ
09-11-2007, 12:44 PM
I thought it was very clear that they had the first down -- probably by about two yards -- and the spike would have been the safe play.

But Cutler and the Denver staff were extremely decisive in bringing on the field goal team -- I suspect they had discussed this possibility before the 2nd down play -- and then executed it to perfection. Kudos to them, because it would have been an ugly ending if time had expired before the kick and you know damn well that everyone would have criticized Cutler (fairly or not) for not having spiked the ball.

The AFC looks awfully strong this season...