PDA

View Full Version : Back-to-back wins against the lowly Eskies.

OzSome
09-07-2007, 11:38 PM
Stamps won again aganist the lowly and sad Eskimos. I got the feeling Danny Maccioca or whatever his name is will be fired soon. I also assumed the defensive coordinator Rick Campbell is soon to follow.

1st half: It is just like the Labour Day Game. Eskimos are better than the Stamps but this time not by much. Also, the Stamps didn't make a lot of mistakes and did not commit a lot of boneheaded penalties. Eskies ahead 13-6.

2nd half: Just like the Labour Day game, the Stamps dominated the 2nd half. They scored 14-4 with touchdown passes to Rambo and Copeland. Reynolds was awesome picking some good hard yardages. Cortez again picked apart Rick Campbell's defense.

Anyways, the game was not as good as the Labour Day game but anytime the Stamps beat the Eskimos is good enough for me. The only positive point on the Eskimos are the plays of Ricky Ray, Kamau Peterson and Tyler Ebell.

I can't wait to see the Eskimos does not make the playoffs again. :)

browna
09-07-2007, 11:47 PM
Stamps won again aganist the lowly and sad Eskimos. I got the feeling Danny Maccioca or whatever his name is will be fired soon. I also assumed the defensive coordinator Rick Campbell is soon to follow.

1st half: It is just like the Labour Day Game. Eskimos are better than the Stamps but this time not by much. Also, the Stamps didn't make a lot of mistakes and did not commit a lot of boneheaded penalties. Eskies ahead 13-6.

2nd half: Just like the Labour Day game, the Stamps dominated the 2nd half. They scored 14-4 with touchdown passes to Rambo and Copeland. Reynolds was awesome picking some good hard yardages. Cortez again picked apart Rick Campbell's defense.

Anyways, the game was not as good as the Labour Day game but anytime the Stamps beat the Eskimos is good enough for me. The only positive point on the Eskimos are the plays of Ricky Ray, Kamau Peterson and Tyler Ebell.

I can't wait to see the Eskimos does not make the playoffs again. :)
Just caught this after PVR'ing it.

Complete ownage of the defense. Gass looking like he was ready to throw his own helmet, he was dominated by Burris and Renyolds all night, play in, play out.

Copeland and Rambo with some big catches down the stretch.

Burris keeps doing it...with his arm and his legs. Really clicking with Cortez and all his recievers.

Kept our defense off the field, but other then the first quarter and half, they were pretty effective too.

And, always nice to see that cocky smirking dink Fleming miss two kicks which cost the Esks the loss too.

The other smirking cocky dink will be fired...hopefully Daddy Hugh promotes his son to coach, and runs the big team as well as he runs the defense.

First back to back wins since the Dickenson/Garcia/Burris QB combo in 1998.

Stamps starting to come around and get some much required confidence on offence, lets hope the defence keeps up their improving play too.

troutman
09-08-2007, 09:37 AM
Stamps still have not beat a team over .500 this year. On the other hand, they should have beat BC both times they played, but gave the games away.

Fleming was the goat last night.

Why didn't CGY key on Ebell? He was the only option for EDM all night.

Was it Carpenter that knocked Kamau out of bounds before he could score a TD? That proved to be a big play.

O'Mahony had a bad game - I think Dales gets the next start.

Some bizarre officiating again.

TSN praised Pilon and Singh - in the second half CGY ran plays exclusively to the right side.

Bench Warmer
09-08-2007, 10:34 AM
No matter how bad one of the teams has been in the BoA (CFL style), it's always tough to sweep the LD series. I was surprised that the Stamps got off to such a slow start again - and it looked early like Burris may have one of 'those' games - but they battled back and got the win on the 'really crappy when it's not perfectly sunny outside' Commonwealth grass. The Stamps are making a serious charge for the West title here. Three very good teams at the top of the West right now with some big games coming up (Riders vs Cgy then BC in the next two weeks) - it could get alot more interesting depending on the two games Sunday (both the Riders and Lions are in real tough on the road IMO).

octothorp
09-08-2007, 11:23 AM
That one video-challenge no catch was really bizarre, one of the most counter-intuitive ones that I've seen. I guess the logic is that the hit came immediately upon the receiver catching the ball, and the fact that he took steps during the hit was irrelevant; at the end of the hit, he lost the ball upon contact with the ground. If a receiver gets catches the ball and gets hit simultaneously, stumbles forward for a couple steps and then looses the ball, he failed to survive the initial hit and thus it's incomplete. I wish the CFL would be a little more communicative and just confirm that this is indeed why it was called as it was. Regardless, I really hope the tweek these rules next year.

dirk diggler
09-08-2007, 12:31 PM
i find it funny how the announcers are always showcasing AJ Gass, the guy is slow and out of position a lot. he makes some plays, but he isnt anything special.. just my opinion....

browna
09-08-2007, 12:54 PM
i find it funny how the announcers are always showcasing AJ Gass, the guy is slow and out of position a lot. he makes some plays, but he isnt anything special.. just my opinion....

Its only because he's made himself into a circus clown, especially the last month, and TSN is keying on him to see if the clown is going to do something else stupid.

He's never been a dominating factor on the Esks, just a big blowhard that's got anger management issues. Besides being physically a non factor in the game, the fact that he's dumb as bricks (not a good trait for a MLB in any league) and can't adapt to the different looks and tendancies that Calgary and other CFL's offenses throw at defenses, make him look even more foolish.

Flames in 07
09-08-2007, 04:55 PM

It's been awhile since I've seen someone over pursuit so many plays in one game. Looks good on him.

octothorp
09-08-2007, 05:58 PM
But, but our own Cerebral says that Gass is one of the top linebackers in the league!!

OzSome
09-08-2007, 10:54 PM
AJ Gass sure was torched on that game. He is always on the wrong side of the play. When he lined up on the left hand side, Reynolds or Burris runs on the opposite side. Glad to see the receivers are clicking. Thelwell was a non-factor at the game but he almost made a good grab. I think Rambo was their best receiver out there with all those nice tough catches. I am still not impress with Stamps sitting out Burke Dales in favour of O'Mahoney. But hopefully Dales learned from watching because the guy can kick a long one.

What is up with the coverage on that freaking Tyler Ebell? He seems like he was always open and very slippery out there. We still need some improvement with the DBs but I think we are coming along just great. Brandon Browner, Clemons, Ruffin and even Carpenter are going to be solid with Trey Young doing all the punishing hits. I really wish we could find a big threat in punt return and kick returner as I am not convince Marcus Howell can do the job. Everytime he touches the ball, I cringed and wishing he doesn't drop the ball. He was good late last season but I guess after he gets injured, he's a bit hesitant.

flip
09-09-2007, 04:27 AM
ive been caling for macciocia's (sp?) firing since he decided to blitz Winnipeg with 10 secs left and stegall ran for a 100 yd touchdown last season. stupidest coaching decision ever!!!! who calls for a blitz on a 1st and 100 from winnepegs 5 yd line with 10 seconds left????? its called prevent defence people!!! don't give up the big play that's all you have to do!!

that being said im glad he's still in charge because it is good for the Riders. (because he's such a moron)

troutman
09-09-2007, 09:55 AM
AJ Gass sure was torched on that game. He is always on the wrong side of the play.

Gass is a very good player. He was on the wrong side of the play because CGY wasn intentionally running plays away from him.