PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Getzlaf: NHLer in training

Oxygen-Supply
11-12-2004, 02:42 PM
Ryan Getzlaf figured he'd be playing in the NHL right now. Except there's no NHL to play in.

"This is a huge year for me, I know that,'' says Getzlaf, already looking ahead, it seems, outfitted in his Ducks' casual gear. "It's frustrating sometimes. Being a big guy, there's the feeling sometimes that I'm a little slack, that I'm not working every shift. But I also know I've got to be more consistent in that area.''

[I]link (http://www.canada.com/calgary/calgaryherald/news/sports/story.html?id=9e9091fe-d8d5-4d40-97d8-5975121699dc)

3 Ryan Getzlaf Calgary Hitmen GP 21 G ;) 14 A :) 12 PTS :) 26 PIM :unsure: 43

Resolute 14
11-12-2004, 04:06 PM
They were talking about Getzlaf on the Big show yesterday, specifically that Kisio benched Getzlaf after taking yet another misconduct against PA. Joe was trying to start a comparison to Savard and Gilbert...

Personally, I think Ladd fits the description of a guy who is looking past the WHL to the NHL more than Getzlaf at the moment. Getzlaf is inconsistant, but at least he is trying to be a leader, if a little too hard at times.

Oxygen-Supply
11-12-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Snakeeye@Nov 12 2004, 11:06 PM
They were talking about Getzlaf on the Big show yesterday, specifically that Kisio benched Getzlaf after taking yet another misconduct against PA. Joe was trying to start a comparison to Savard and Gilbert...

Personally, I think Ladd fits the description of a guy who is looking past the WHL to the NHL more than Getzlaf at the moment. Getzlaf is inconsistant, but at least he is trying to be a leader, if a little too hard at times.
Give Brett Carson an A or a C

Trade Ladd for a strong D-man, the team is 10X better

I even think trading the two of them could help this team.

He got Benched for getting on the officials bad side and the game was way one sided, so they left him to sit, no point in running up score. my point of view

Flames Draft Watcher
11-12-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by mileflames@Nov 12 2004, 11:28 PM
Give Brett Carson an A or a C

Trade Ladd for a strong D-man, the team is 10X better

I even think trading the two of them could help this team.

Uhhh yeah cause the team doesn't have any strong d-men.

Trade the two of them? Getzlaf is the best forward in the WHL when he wants to be, who the heck would replace him?

:wacko:

Strange post...

Resolute 14
11-12-2004, 04:42 PM
If we are going to trade Ladd, it should be for a top goaltender. We have enough defensemen.

But, as I said earlier, we need Ladd and Getzlaf playing like they can if we are going to get out of the WHL come playoff time.

Oxygen-Supply
11-13-2004, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Snakeeye@Nov 12 2004, 11:42 PM
If we are going to trade Ladd, it should be for a top goaltender. We have enough defensemen.

But, as I said earlier, we need Ladd and Getzlaf playing like they can if we are going to get out of the WHL come playoff time.
With great d-men you don't need a great goaltender.

The way I see it; they are letting lots of shots on goal still. If they can hold them to 20 shots or less a game, they should be able to win more games.