PDA

View Full Version : Burris CFL Offensive Player Of The Month

Nehkara
09-06-2007, 02:48 PM
Burris CFL Offensive Player Of The Month (http://tsn.ca/cfl/news_story/?ID=217704&hubname=)

TORONTO (CP) - Calgary Stampeders quarterback Henry Burris was named the CFL's offensive player of the month for August on Thursday.

Burris led the Stampeders to a 2-1-1 record, throwing for 1,389 yards and nine touchdowns with two interceptions. He added 30 carries for 214 rushing yards and four touchdowns.

Hank has played tremendously recently, I'm glad the CFL recognized it. I hope he keeps it up. If he continues on this pace, the team will be quickly pointed squarely in a winning direction.

worth
09-06-2007, 02:54 PM
Absolutley. Hank has had a spectacular August. With the defence improving and the offence in a rythym, this could be a dangerous team come playoffs if they can keep it up. Although i have said this for 3 years now...

Hank will be judged on his playoff performance this year. kind of BS for him since he has led this club to consecutive winning seasons, which is much more than we can say when it was under feterik management, but whether he stays or goes is determined by if Hank plays in 1 2 or 3 playoff games.

OzSome
09-07-2007, 11:22 PM
I have to admit I am one of those people who blamed Burris for the Stamps poor plays early this season. I don't question his ability just questioning how he uses it. I guess we can't really blame everything on him early on because he was trying way too hard and always trying to win by himself. Anyways, it is not coincidence that the Stamps and Henry Burris was playing a lot better in the past few days when the coaches added the running attack again. Other teams are not keying on the receiver now because there was two other threats (Reynolds running and Burris bootleg) they have to deal with. I always question the Stamps for not using the best RB in the league. I really think the Stamps are a lot better than their record right now if the players were to be use properly. Offense is now clicking and defense is starting to get better. The only question mark is the punt return or the kick return. I still don't feel Howell is the answer. As for Burris, I am so glad that he's been playing so much better lately. Hopefully it continues all the way. Congrats Hank!