PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo NFL pool - need more players

FurnaceFace
08-31-2007, 04:29 PM
The commish of the league I play in is opening up the league to additional players. Anyone who's interested feel free to sign up. Good group of guys.

League ID: 433073
League Name: FightingHoundDogs
Password: letmein

Displaced Flames fan
08-31-2007, 08:24 PM
I signed up...thanks for the invite.

Autodrafting?

Super-Rye
08-31-2007, 08:48 PM
I also signed up. Should be fun!

kchadden
09-01-2007, 08:56 AM
I'm in - thanks

ken0042
09-01-2007, 09:22 AM
How many guys do you have now? How many are you planning on having?

FurnaceFace
09-01-2007, 12:43 PM
Cool, thanks for filling it up, I'd rather have people "I know" than just general public. The commish usually keeps it to 10 guys, not sure if I can get in touch with him before hand but can try.

DFF - yeah, it's an autodraft. i've tried convincing the guys in the past to do online drafts but they seem to think organizing it is tough or like the randomness of the autodraft.

Displaced Flames fan
09-01-2007, 02:29 PM
Cool, thanks for filling it up, I'd rather have people "I know" than just general public. The commish usually keeps it to 10 guys, not sure if I can get in touch with him before hand but can try.

DFF - yeah, it's an autodraft. i've tried convincing the guys in the past to do online drafts but they seem to think organizing it is tough or like the randomness of the autodraft.

I just wanted to make sure that's what's happening. One of my other leagues did an autodraft this year after drafting live in the past. The goal was to create more activity. Working so far.

FurnaceFace
09-01-2007, 03:29 PM
True, it does add some activity. It also means you can get royally screwed depending on how the players fall. A couple seasons ago I think I ended up getting my first RB in the 3rd or 4th round. I believe my first two rounds were Favre and Devon Walker. Walker is out for the season the first week which helped kill Favre.

On the other hand it was rather liberating as I could revamp my team every week without worrying about who I was giving up. I think I ended up mid pack at the end and did manage to put together a decent team. I managed to grab Bettis early in the season and that was Westbrook's coming out year.