PDA

View Full Version : Boerigter Done

Berger_4_
08-26-2007, 03:51 PM
http://tsn.ca/cfl/news_story/?ID=216945&hubname

Stamps cut Marc today...I was glad to see him come back, but he didn't really fit in...looks like this will help solve the reciever problem...could his knee have been a problem? And does anybody else give him a shot?

Dion
08-26-2007, 04:48 PM
Think the Stamps gave up to quickly of Boerigter. Didn't help matters any that Higgins was rotating recievers.

OzSome
08-26-2007, 05:01 PM
Think the Stamps gave up to quickly of Boerigter. Didn't help matters any that Higgins was rotating recievers.

I agree. Watch for Wally Buono picking him up and come back to haunt us again. Actually Bo was making too much money and the Stamps have to make the decision before Labour Day I guess otherwise his salary will stay with the Stamps. They are over the salary cap with Bo's salary. Too bad because I like Boerigter so much.

Flickered Flame
08-26-2007, 06:36 PM
DD was trying convince MB to go to BC when he first decided to come back. Its too bad but the fact is the Stamps just brought in one too many or had one too many good receivers. I think he ends up with the Leos.

Bench Warmer
08-26-2007, 07:06 PM
Somebody is going to get a damn good receiver cuz Higgins/Cortex couldn't figure out how to use him in a good - but overrated IMO - receiving core. I just hope he ends up out East - Hamilton anyone (unfortunately, likely BC)?

Svartsengi
08-26-2007, 07:37 PM
I bet he ends up in B.C. as well. Ugh.

Anyone going to the Labour Day Classic?.

Swayze11
08-26-2007, 07:52 PM
Thank you god, this guy did NOTHING for the stamps. So many dropped balls, does not have the speed like he did. This him to BC talk.... how do you afford him? I would imagine BC is in more trouble with the cap then Calgary is. Dickenson, Simon, Clermont, Smith... and thats just on Offence, the number 1 defence probably has some pretty high contracts on defence as well.

Super-Rye
08-26-2007, 07:56 PM
I'm sorry, I like Boe but when you drop as many balls as he did, and make the type of cash he did, something was bound to happen.

Bench Warmer
08-26-2007, 07:58 PM
I'm sorry, I like Boe but when you drop as many balls as he did, and make the type of cash he did, something was bound to happen.

Combine his salary with the cap, probably made him next to impossible to trade as well...

flamingpoo
08-26-2007, 08:41 PM
why not cut thywell instead

Berger_4_
08-26-2007, 08:57 PM
i think we pretty well just covered that

boerigter, even though i love the guy and what he did for the stamps back in the day, was overpaid for what he was doing. thelwell's contract is probably quite a bit less than a guy who was a legitimate nfl reciever but is dropping balls and whose knees are questionable. i think its a no brainer to keep thelwell around

Madman
08-26-2007, 09:17 PM
Thelwell is Canadian - almost makes him untouchable.

OzSome
08-26-2007, 09:25 PM
Thelwell is Canadian - almost makes him untouchable.

Yes he is Canadian but I don't think he is untouchable especially if the guy is inconsistent. Brett Ralph by far is the best Canadian receiver we have so far. I think Howell could play better as well if he gets more plays.

Super-Rye
08-26-2007, 09:49 PM
Yes he is Canadian but I don't think he is untouchable especially if the guy is inconsistent. Brett Ralph by far is the best Canadian receiver we have so far. I think Howell could play better as well if he gets more plays.

When it comes down to cutting a Canadian or an American, the choice is easy because of the ratio. Combined with the fact Thelwell played better than Boe and probably makes less than him. Choice was easy. But you're right, Ralph is the best Canadian receiver on the team.

Flames in 07
08-26-2007, 09:55 PM

Given the way the ratio works it pretty much does make the Cdn recievers untouchable.

He has had his drops, and as I suspected doesn't look quite as fast. It was probably the right move to make.

Bench Warmer
08-27-2007, 08:37 AM
Given the way the ratio works it pretty much does make the Cdn recievers untouchable.

He has had his drops, and as I suspected doesn't look quite as fast. It was probably the right move to make.

You need the depth at Cdn receiver as well. Cutting Thelwell and keeping only 2 Cdn receivers that are capable of playing with any type of impact leaves you vulnerable in case of injury. That, and you just can't cut Thelwell and put Boe in replace of him. You have to then start a Cdn somewhere else on the field in place of Thelwell's non-import spot (which would be taken by the import Boerigter).

SportsJunky
08-27-2007, 09:33 AM
This turned out to be a bad situation for Boerigter here in Calgary. I still say he could have been a key guy for the Stamps had things gone differently. Copeland stepped up in camp right away and the coaches hands were tied. Good luck to you Marc.

Cowboy89
08-27-2007, 09:36 AM
I feel sorry for all those overzealous fans who bought Boerigter jerseys this year. Kinda like Chargers fans buying Ryan Leaf jerseys before he even took a snap! or the massive amount of Brady Quinn jerseys being sold right now too.

Thunderball
08-27-2007, 10:22 AM
I guess Boe doesn't know CFL football like he used to. I was surprised he was so ineffective for the Stamps... but its not like the team is exactly firing on all cylinders.

corporatejay
08-28-2007, 11:04 AM
Rumour on the fan this morning was that Boe was in discussions with the Lions....

Dion
08-28-2007, 11:07 AM
Rumour on the fan this morning was that Boe was in discussions with the Lions....

I hope he signs with the Lions. Then he can stick it to the Stamps and prove what a mistake they made.

Thunderball
08-28-2007, 11:20 AM
I hope he signs with the Lions. Then he can stick it to the Stamps and prove what a mistake they made.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least... while I poked fun at Boerigter earlier, I would not at all be surprised if it was the Stampeder incompetence and inconsistency that was holding him back. Playing with a true star QB like Dickenson is a fair shade different than the oft-maligned Henry "Throws into Triple Coverage" Burris.

Bertuzzied
08-28-2007, 11:32 AM
Wouldn't surprise me in the least... while I poked fun at Boerigter earlier, I would not at all be surprised if it was the Stampeder incompetence and inconsistency that was holding him back. Playing with a true star QB like Dickenson is a fair shade different than the oft-maligned Henry "Throws into Triple Coverage" Burris.

Mr. Glass can't even ride a bike yet from his concussion problem. Then we just wait for him to crumble again.

Bobblehead
08-28-2007, 11:49 AM
What teams have the cap space?

I heard Rowe speaking with Hellard last week, and Hellard was saying there are 2 teams who are going to have serious issues getting under the cap (and he said it didn't look like the teams were even trying to get back under the cap). In the discussion they were speculating if the financial benefit of one playoff game would be greater than the potential penalties.

Flames in 07
08-28-2007, 06:13 PM
What teams have the cap space?

I heard Rowe speaking with Hellard last week, and Hellard was saying there are 2 teams who are going to have serious issues getting under the cap (and he said it didn't look like the teams were even trying to get back under the cap). In the discussion they were speculating if the financial benefit of one playoff game would be greater than the potential penalties.

what a joke, they might as well play duelling banjos in the background whenever someone talks about the CFL. The integrity of the game is gone when people make decisions to NOT play by the rules because by screwing them they make more money.

Let me guess those two teams probably are NOT any of Edmonton, Montreal and Vancouver.

JiriHrdina
08-28-2007, 08:51 PM
Explain to me why the Stamps still have two punters. If they are both on the roster after September 1 they can't be released yes?

In the new rigid salary management system it seems downright assinine to have two punters like this.

In short...WDF?

STAMPEDRED
08-28-2007, 10:59 PM
See ya later Boe... just please don't go to Edm and become the next Terry Vaugn. Even in BC he will school us a couple of times I'm sure.

Go to Hamilton. That's one team that could sure use him!

Bench Warmer
08-31-2007, 02:20 PM
He is an Argo - glad to see him go out east...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/article.jsp?content=20070831_154850_6212

flambers
08-31-2007, 03:05 PM
Explain to me why the Stamps still have two punters. If they are both on the roster after September 1 they can't be released yes?

In the new rigid salary management system it seems downright assinine to have two punters like this.

In short...WDF?

I believe the date is Sept 9th, I would not think its a major cap hit anyhow.....