PDA

View Full Version : CBC does not deserve to broadcast sports ever again.

Bertuzzied
08-19-2007, 12:17 AM
Back to back awesome CFL games and you could only catch the ending of the lightning delayed Esks/Riders game on a 3 inch screen on the net.

I'm glad they lost the Olympics and the Grey Cup and hopefully HNIC soon.
Then they can show Nick Nolte movies all they want! hehe.

Oh yeah the Riders won 39-32.

Cerebral
08-19-2007, 12:36 AM
That was an absolute joke by the CBC! Could they not at the least inform fans still watching that they would be broadcasting the game online? Instead, not a peep out of them the entire night as they continued to show an absolutely horrendous movie.

I thankfully caught the end of the game online but I'm guessing a bunch of people didn't think to check CBC.ca.

It's too bad the delay went down, the Eskimos were really playing a gutsy game despite all the injuries.

calgaryrocks
08-19-2007, 12:44 AM
absolutly brutal, we had no idea what was going on and had to wait for the score and tsn to say that there was like 3 minutes left and the game was going....and the stupid movie was still on. i checked cbc but couldnt fine any online broadcast(tsn it is obvious how to watch the game). the cfl site was to busy(prob all the people checking to see what was going on overloaded it) and i got to watch the post game show on some random site linked from gostampsgo.com/forum.
also during the game the cbc broadcast was not very good, lots of camera issues. i will be glad when cbc doesnt broadcast football anymore.

good game though

CrusaderPi
08-19-2007, 01:09 AM
The CBC: Your tax dollars at work.

Dion_Iggy_Kipper!!!
08-19-2007, 04:08 PM
Back to back awesome CFL games and you could only catch the ending of the lightning delayed Esks/Riders game on a 3 inch screen on the net.

I'm glad they lost the Olympics and the Grey Cup and hopefully HNIC soon.
Then they can show Nick Nolte movies all they want! hehe.

Oh yeah the Riders won 39-32.

Haha, sucks to be you, I watched the game on CBC when it started up again, but I live in Saskatchewan so...

Awsome game, number 1 in the league, wooo.

Go Riders Go!

mrdeeds
08-19-2007, 08:44 PM
As long as the Evil Empire lost, I'm happy.

nieuwy-89
08-19-2007, 11:58 PM
Totally bush league by the CBC. If it was TSN or Sportsnet they could have cut to the main studio and showed highlights/etc until the game re-started, then finish showing the game after the delay.

What an absolutely pathetic broadcast. Sometimes I wonder how much better HNIC would be on another network. (and I am a huge fan of HNIC)

Machiavelli
08-20-2007, 01:34 AM
http://winnipegsun.com/Sports/Football/2007/08/20/4431239-sun.html

You've gotta be freaking kidding me. If it wasn't for HNIC, I would definitely boycott CBC and get as many people as possible to follow.

Totally bush league.

Cerebral
08-20-2007, 04:56 AM
The part that irked me the most wasn't the fact that CBC cut away from the game. Instead, it was that they couldn't even bother to fill people in on what was happening. They literally just cut away and never mentioned the game again!

They could have at least cut back in prior to the game starting back up to inform fans that it would be finished that night. Absolutely pathetic display by the CBC and there is no doubt TSN and Sportsnet would have handled the situation far differently (just watch a Jays game that is getting rained out - TSN comes back to the field every 10 minutes or so for updates).

Bench Warmer
08-20-2007, 09:23 AM
The Globe and Mail and Toronto Star have weighed in on this as well.

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070819.wsptcfl-tv20/GSStory/GlobeSportsFootball/home

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/247931

Some manicure queen in TO makes the call to go with the Nick Nolte classic over the football game. :boo: If I was watching the game on TV, I'd be absolutely PO'd. I was at the game so I didn't know any of this had happened until yesterday morning...

Crazy - one of my most memorable nights at Mosaic Stadium. The deafening Go Riders Go and Let's Go Rider chants under the stands during the blackout; the bedlam of the 14,000-16,000 die hards that remained when the Riders took the field and then all through the last 13 minutes; Eric Tillman, soaked to the core like the rest of us, on the west side sidelines waving a fan's Rider flag high in the air as the final moments ticked down and the craziness, cheering and chanting after the game was over. Awesome - just awesome.

mykalberta
08-20-2007, 10:12 AM
Hey, "A Good Thief" is an excellent movie.

Although I was also supremely pissed about not knowing. I got up on Sunday thinking they would have to play the 4th quarter next weekend or something.

Absolutely brutal.

MYK

Cal-Gal
08-20-2007, 11:05 AM
Thank goodness that Saskatchewan producer had the chutzpah to go over some heads to broadcast the remainder of the game to the Sask viewers.

I'm imagining Rider fans storming the CBC headquarters with pitchforks.....Gainer leading the pack.

Bertuzzied
08-20-2007, 11:33 AM
Haha, sucks to be you, I watched the game on CBC when it started up again, but I live in Saskatchewan so...

Ouch.

I think i still win though. hehe

Log
08-20-2007, 11:50 AM
The Globe and Mail and Toronto Star have weighed in on this as well.

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070819.wsptcfl-tv20/GSStory/GlobeSportsFootball/home

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/247931

Some manicure queen in TO makes the call to go with the Nick Nolte classic over the football game. :boo: If I was watching the game on TV, I'd be absolutely PO'd. I was at the game so I didn't know any of this had happened until yesterday morning...

Crazy - one of my most memorable nights at Mosaic Stadium. The deafening Go Riders Go and Let's Go Rider chants under the stands during the blackout; the bedlam of the 14,000-16,000 die hards that remained when the Riders took the field and then all through the last 13 minutes; Eric Tillman, soaked to the core like the rest of us, on the west side sidelines waving a fan's Rider flag high in the air as the final moments ticked down and the craziness, cheering and chanting after the game was over. Awesome - just awesome.

I wish I was there... Was stuck moving this weekend though.

Anyways about the 14-16k fans there, it would have been much higher, but half way through the delay city cops and security guards were telling people that the game has been cancelled and to leave immediately! That sucked too! Quite a few people (including our friends) got shafted out of the ending.

Joborule
08-20-2007, 12:00 PM
CBC is bush league.

They're damn games are always having technical issues. I really wished the HNIC went to CTV or something.

Bobblehead
08-20-2007, 12:07 PM
CBC is bush league.

They're damn games are always having technical issues. I really wished the HNIC went to CTV or something.

But the playoffs would have interefered with American Idol.

Bench Warmer
08-20-2007, 12:09 PM
I wish I was there... Was stuck moving this weekend though.

Anyways about the 14-16k fans there, it would have been much higher, but half way through the delay city cops and security guards were telling people that the game has been cancelled and to leave immediately! That sucked too! Quite a few people (including our friends) got shafted out of the ending.

I read that on Riderfans - just brutal. I actually went and asked a security guard on the sunny side and he said he hadn't heard anything. That's one of the reasons why we stayed - it's funny how rumours of the game being cancelled made it's way through the crowd so quickly...

HOOT
08-20-2007, 02:26 PM
This is why I wish stations that carried sporting events had alternate feeds. So people who want to watch the movie can watch it and those who want to wait for a rain delay or whatever it may be can do so on a seperate channel provided to them when they need it, otherwise its just a blank channel.

Kinda like what TSN has, channel 400 for its regular stuff but if it needs to you can catch certain things on channel 402 (That is with Bell but just an example). They use it quite a bit if NASCAR or F1 goes longer than expected due to delays or many flags.

Bobblehead
08-20-2007, 03:04 PM
This is why I wish stations that carried sporting events had alternate feeds. So people who want to watch the movie can watch it and those who want to wait for a rain delay or whatever it may be can do so on a seperate channel provided to them when they need it, otherwise its just a blank channel.

Kinda like what TSN has, channel 400 for its regular stuff but if it needs to you can catch certain things on channel 402 (That is with Bell but just an example). They use it quite a bit if NASCAR or F1 goes longer than expected due to delays or many flags.

Well, with Star Choice (and I would guess Bell Express Vu) I can watch any CBC feed I want. I just didn't realize the game wasn't post-poned. I flipped back to CBC a couple of times (just not CBC Regina) but didn't see anything about the game so figured they must have scheduled to make up the rest.

HOOT
08-20-2007, 07:07 PM
Well, with Star Choice (and I would guess Bell Express Vu) I can watch any CBC feed I want. I just didn't realize the game wasn't post-poned. I flipped back to CBC a couple of times (just not CBC Regina) but didn't see anything about the game so figured they must have scheduled to make up the rest.

Oh ya I never thought of that oh wow do I feel slow...its Monday okay leave me alone :whaa:

Well then CBC should have for sure told people to switch to the Regina feed and if they didn't have that option go to CBC.ca. Its kinda weak they didn't even let people know.

BEANZ
08-20-2007, 09:14 PM
Anyone else catch the interview this afternoon on the Fan 960, it was with some CBC big wig. He mentioned that he turned his cell phone off, and that no one had his home number as he had just moved. The thing that mad me made was that he was practically laughing about it, no mention of an appologie or anything.
CBC is brutal!!!!!!!!

Flames in 07
08-20-2007, 09:31 PM
Good thing that useless station is someone else's financial burde .... oh wait.

Bobblehead
08-20-2007, 10:11 PM
Anyone else catch the interview this afternoon on the Fan 960, it was with some CBC big wig. He mentioned that he turned his cell phone off, and that no one had his home number as he had just moved. The thing that mad me made was that he was practically laughing about it, no mention of an appologie or anything.
CBC is brutal!!!!!!!!

That guy has taken full responsability in every interview I have read.

I wonder if the middle-management woman who made the decisionis polishing her resume? Perhaps she was just a big Nick Nolte fan?

calculoso
08-21-2007, 04:09 PM
CBC is brutal!!!!!!!!

Sounds much like the recap in the link posted above...

http://winnipegsun.com/Sports/Football/2007/08/20/4431239-sun.html