PDA

View Full Version : Higgins resigns

Flickered Flame
11-11-2004, 12:46 AM
Esks coached announced his resignation today...I'm alittle surprised that it happened so quickly. I can tell you from what I've heard on the call in shows on the team 1260 is that not many fans have liked Tom from the beginning and have blammed the Esks loss on sunday on Tom and the 3rd down fake punt by fleming. I think its alittle unfortunate because Tom helped the Esks win a grey cup, something they hadn't done in 10 years.

http://tsn.ca/cfl/news_story.asp?id=104247

Would anyone like to see Tom comeback and be the GM and let Matt just be coach?

browna
11-11-2004, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Flickered Flame@Nov 11 2004, 12:46 AM
Esks coached announced his resignation today...I'm alittle surprised that it happened so quickly. I can tell you from what I've heard on the call in shows on the team 1260 is that not many fans have liked Tom from the beginning and have blammed the Esks loss on sunday on Tom and the 3rd down fake punt by fleming. I think its alittle unfortunate because Tom helped the Esks win a grey cup, something they hadn't done in 10 years.

http://tsn.ca/cfl/news_story.asp?id=104247

Would anyone like to see Tom comeback and be the GM and let Matt just be coach?
Doubt it would happen, but would love to have Tom back down here in some capacity...but I bet Ottawa will have a spot open soon to call (maybe) all the shots as GM and Coach.

Sure Edmonton fans, pile on the coach that got you a Grey Cup and was coach of the year less than a year ago.

Maybe that cocky a$$ Sean Fleming should spend more time practicing kicking <35 yd field goals and throwing 7 yard passes to open recievers rather then spending time doing his hair in the mirror and falling in love with himself every week.

Looks good on him though (Fleming).

calf
11-11-2004, 09:23 AM
Must suck for the 'smos fans to have a coach that made the playoffs 3 years in a row, wins a grey cup, wins coach of the year, continues to make the playoffs for the 33rd straight year...then still gets run out of town.

Yea, he made a very risky call, and it backfired...if that fake punt would have worked, Higgins would have been a genius.

Eskimos need to keep Fleming...the guy never shows up for the big game. Should keep Pringle too...he's old and getting ineffective :lol: