PDA

View Full Version : No carts on Tiger's first American golf course

Bobblehead
08-14-2007, 02:54 PM
TRAVELERS REST, S.C. (AP) — Tiger Woods made it official Tuesday - the world's No. 1 golfer plans to design his first American course in the mountains of North Carolina.
``I guess we all know why we're here,'' Woods said, smiling.
The Cliffs at High Carolina will be located near Asheville, N.C., and will allow only walkers, something Woods said was key to the deal.
link (http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1652916,00.html)
Isn't that your neck of the woods, Tranny?

Sylvanfan
08-14-2007, 03:16 PM
I personally prefer to walk a course if given the choice. In fact I think the good old pull cart is under rated. You walk the course and you don't worry about lugging your clubs around it's fantastic. But with a lot of these courses these days it seems like there are half a kilometer hikes between tee boxes and things like that which do get a bit rediculous. If you were to try and walk those courses you would spend an hour and a half walking between holes in a game that should take you 5 hours max to play. If they design the holes so that you're not walking that far between holes than it's a good idea.

Bench Warmer
08-14-2007, 04:04 PM
Well, there's one course I won't be golfing then. I don't mind walking but usually when I get out to golf, I wanna relax and have a few bevvies while I'm golfing. And what's gonna hold my beers if I don't have a cart?

habernac
08-14-2007, 04:15 PM
your hand maybe? Or hey, you could set it down when you're swinging the club. Damn lazy golfers.

LOL.

Dion
08-14-2007, 04:23 PM
That's one course i'd love to play.

I detest riding in a cart. Nothing better than pulling a cart with your clubs and getting all that great exercise. Gives me a chance to analyze my shot as i'm walking up to my ball.

icarus
08-14-2007, 05:37 PM
Take that, Casey Martin!

rubecube
08-14-2007, 06:17 PM
Know what's going to be funny? When money-hungry attorney sues Tiger for discriminating against the handicapped.

HOOT
08-14-2007, 07:02 PM
Know what's going to be funny? When money-hungry attorney sues Tiger for discriminating against the handicapped.

People aren't that bad! That would be like someone sueing McDonalds for $10M because they asked for no cheese but....oh wait :bag:

ricoFlame
08-14-2007, 07:55 PM
fine by me, i'd rather walk anyways.

Displaced Flames fan
08-14-2007, 09:01 PM
That's one course i'd love to play.

I detest riding in a cart. Nothing better than pulling a cart with your clubs and getting all that great exercise. Gives me a chance to analyze my shot as i'm walking up to my ball.

I walk 7 miles a day during work....so I like to have the option.

But I don't work in Asheville so if I ever had the chance to play it, I wouldn't mind walking.

transplant99
08-15-2007, 05:41 AM
link (http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1652916,00.html)
Isn't that your neck of the woods, Tranny?

Yup...the site is about 6 miles from me as the crow flies.

Its gonna be a beautiful course when all is said and done....really nice piece of property there.

Dan02
08-16-2007, 12:04 AM
And what's gonna hold my beers if I don't have a cart?

Better question. Whose gonna bring you the beer if they can't use carts?:eek:

I-Hate-Hulse
08-16-2007, 12:21 AM
Well, there's one course I won't be golfing then. I don't mind walking but usually when I get out to golf, I wanna relax and have a few bevvies while I'm golfing. And what's gonna hold my beers if I don't have a cart?

Lots of pull carts have drink holders.

underGRADFlame
08-16-2007, 07:37 AM
Maybe Tiger's recruting some of his wife's friends to caddie? :D

Bench Warmer
08-16-2007, 08:32 AM
Better question. Whose gonna bring you the beer if they can't use carts?:eek:

Excellent question - never thought of that. Another strike against the course.

Lots of pull carts have drink holders.

But then I'd have to walk.

:D