PDA

View Full Version : How's your team looking?

JiriHrdina
08-08-2007, 09:21 PM
The long off-season continues folks but its getting to the time when each of you should be seriously assessing your teams and addressing any pressing issues.

Are your RFAs signed?
Are you over/under cap?
Do you have enough players to round out your roster?

If not - get crackin'. RFA negotiations can take some time - don't leave it to the last minute or you will find yourself not being able to use that player to start the season. Or worse yet - if you are over the cap/under roster limits you will find serious sanctions placed against your team.

Sylvanfan
08-08-2007, 09:47 PM
I have one RFA that I just acquired but I think I have that deal all but sealed. Other than that I have 13 forwards, 7 defenceman, and 3 goalies signed. Once this last deal is finalized I will be back under the cap. I don't have a very good team, but I was able to get one together and get it all done under the cap I had to work with. Overall I don't think I'm any worse than I was last year.

Sample00
08-08-2007, 09:49 PM
yup, I will be the first to admit, I have been somewhat slack with my team over the summer.
But hope to be totally back at it again soon.
moving this weekend and hockey camp for the kid only thing left on the menu. Flames will be back in full motion asap.
thats not to say we wont talk trades or anything as my messenger is on throughout the day.
thanks for your patience and understanding.

Flickered Flame
08-08-2007, 09:53 PM
Jets are almost finished with free agency, just waiting to hear back on one ufa offer that was sent last week and should probably check into one more dman for the farm club. Jets will not be good this year but should be much better than last year.

Mango
08-08-2007, 10:18 PM
Things are wrapping up with the Vancouver Canucks....I appreciate the kick in the butt. I can procrastinate!

Slava
08-08-2007, 10:35 PM
Nashville has all of their players under contract, and will be eliminating/reducing bodies over the next few weeks to get down in time for the beginning of the season.

If anyone needs minor league players, we have a lot of bodies here!

Hanna Sniper
08-08-2007, 11:12 PM
The Hurricanes have been trying to avoid the RFA stage, the old burry the head in the sand theory... as they didn't sign elsewhere I guess I can't keep putting it off and the trade market didn't hold much value for them.

Didn't mean to hold up shop for yous, I'll get right on it

Young Guns
08-08-2007, 11:12 PM
Wings more less just have Cole left to sign on the big club. The farm is a bit of a mess. Think I need 4 forward's to get to the league minimum. Don't want to raid the ECHL team so I will need to do some scouting. If anyone needs a d-man I would move Hutchinson for prospect(s). Though I wouldn't be interested in any old players just to fill the team as I have a few options.

jam26
08-09-2007, 06:02 AM
The Avs are pretty much good to go. We have a full lineup inked but are 300K over the cap. That should be easy enough to fix. The AHL squad is lacking one defenceman. We'll likely fill that hole with a UFA.

This year's Avs squad will be in a real struggle to make the playoffs. We sacrificed a lot in our chase for the conference championship last year (and we fell just short of that as well).

flambers
08-09-2007, 07:37 AM
Rangers squad is starting to come around, technically the teams is ready to start to play games but there is holes that have to be filled. Still looking to make all sorts of deals.

Of course have a few RFAs to clean up,

HelloHockeyFans
08-09-2007, 08:40 AM
G-UNIT!

The long off-season continues folks but its getting to the time when each of you should be seriously assessing your teams and addressing any pressing issues.

The Islanders' problems are deep and cannot be solved in a matter of months.

Are your RFAs signed?

Yes. As of yesterday, our *important* RFAs are signed. We made a list in order of importance at the end of last season. All of these players have been re-signed, and we can now focus on the less important guys.

Are you over/under cap?

Under. We tried to keep some cap space for sponsorships.

Do you have enough players to round out your roster?

Awaiting word from the league regarding a couple UFAs. If these go through, we'll have a full roster we'd be happy with. If they don't... well... LOL.

Mccree
08-09-2007, 09:32 AM
I have a few RFA's to sign / release but should start on those this weekend.

moon
08-09-2007, 09:37 AM
Flyers still have cap issues and would like to add a couple more defensemen but mainly are waiting on two big decisions from Teemu Selanne and Ed Belfour that will really impact our cap situation.

I think that we have a few things in the works that should enable us to be ready to go by the time the season starts either way though.

notoepik
08-09-2007, 12:12 PM
Well!, the Hawks are ready for the season. Mr Vanek still has to agree to terms with the team, but things are not bad for either side as negotiations continue...... (Oh ya, that was too bad about those new tires on that new Ferrari Thomas. Slashed, such a shame, tsk tsk)

The farm has a tone of RFA we must also get to work on negotiating with, but the big Fish comes first.

CMPunk
08-09-2007, 01:12 PM
The Blues have all but one player under contract. We have cap space left over in case we need to make a move, and our farm team is fully stocked.

Wake me when the puck drops:yay:

looooob
08-09-2007, 02:45 PM
Sabres have deals confirmed with all their RFAs and added a few depth UFAs

we are under cap, barely and at roster minimum limits

team has gaps, including a true number one C and a number one D, but may not have the assets and cap space to make that happen over the summer

looking to add a 70+ 3rd liner, using a depth D or depth G or prospects to make it happen, more details in trade block

OILFAN #81
08-09-2007, 03:51 PM
We don't have any UFA's or RFA's on the CPHL club. We have 2 RFA's on the AHL club we are signing. We need to add 1 dman on the CPHL club to meet the roster requirement (have made an offer for a player and are waiting to hear back). Other then that everything is set (besides making deals to improve the team).

nyrcrisfer
08-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Leafs have been ready to go for a while...

For teams that are short- The Leafs have a few depth forwards who we could trade for prospects/picks if they have upside.

Also, we have enough cap room to deal some of it. We might be willing to do so, but it depends on what's being offered of course.

JiriHrdina
08-09-2007, 08:35 PM
For teams seeking AHL bodies and not wanting pure junk the Wild will offer up a recent 2nd rounder for a 3rd round pick 2008 or we will package a 3rd with a recent 2nd round selection for a 2nd round pick 2008.

You just can't beat a deal like that!