PDA

View Full Version : Kerry Killed A Teenage Foe; Lied To Gain Medal

Mean Mr. Mustard
08-05-2004, 09:35 AM
That is war for you, come on it is the simple fact that even when your enemy is fleeing you kill them. A solider that escapes is a soldier that fights another day. That is if this is all true.
________
Hot box vape (http://hotboxvaporizers.com)

jonesy
08-05-2004, 09:36 AM
I don't like Kerry or the Democrats but that seems a little "off" you know what I mean?

kermitology
08-05-2004, 09:40 AM
Didn't Kerry become an anti vietnam war advocate upon returning from the war? If so, then this behaviour doesn't seem likely.

Cowperson
08-05-2004, 09:40 AM
John Kerry's crewmates that day tell the story in this article. They say killing the lone enemy saved all their lives.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/Nightline/P...l_040624-1.html (http://abcnews.go.com/sections/Nightline/Politics/kerry_medal_040624-1.html)

Cowperson

CaptainCrunch
08-05-2004, 10:06 AM
I know that if I was in the field and I had a chance to take out an enemy either through killing, grievous wound or capture I would do it or I would be cursing myself for stupidity when this guy came back and did me in.

War is all about removing pieces from the board in the most efficient means possible that allows you to stay on the board.

I certainly wouldn't cry about taking out somebody that had the potential of killing me on that day or any other day

octothorp
08-05-2004, 10:21 AM
It'll be interesting to see how this plays out--it seems to me that it would further align many soldiers and soldiers' families with Kerry--the guy made a split second decision in the heat of battle, and carries with him the question for the rest of his life as to whether he made the right decision. I think a lot of pro-military people will understand that, even symathize with it. If the Kerry team wanted to, I think they could spin this into a very positive thing--Kerry taking decisive action to save lives--his war record is very different from the 'indecisive' persona that his detractors portray. Probably the Kerry team will leave it alone, but it's a big risk for his opponents, bringing up his war record.

Cowperson
08-05-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by octothorp@Aug 5 2004, 04:21 PM
It'll be interesting to see how this plays out--it seems to me that it would further align many soldiers and soldiers' families with Kerry--the guy made a split second decision in the heat of battle, and carries with him the question for the rest of his life as to whether he made the right decision. I think a lot of pro-military people will understand that, even symathize with it. If the Kerry team wanted to, I think they could spin this into a very positive thing--Kerry taking decisive action to save lives--his war record is very different from the 'indecisive' persona that his detractors portray. Probably the Kerry team will leave it alone, but it's a big risk for his opponents, bringing up his war record.
Attempting to bash his military record is a non-starter and could easily backfire in the political ring.

I just don't see the upside in this and I can certainly see voters looking at this smear attempt in a negative way. They might have a point if John Kerry had been out lobbying hard to get himself awarded a medal but that doesn't appear to even be remotely the case. The guy wouldn't even talk to his daughters about what happened in Vietnam let alone the rest of the world. And killing chickens!!?? <_<

In fairness, both sides are coming up some really diabolical things to discredit each other.

This is one of the dirties elections I've ever seen and both sides are active participants.

Cowperson

La Flames Fan
08-05-2004, 10:43 AM
Don't forget this IS Matt Drudge we're talking about.....

Displaced Flames fan
08-05-2004, 10:46 AM
I'm not familiar with Matt Drudge. He must be a nobody.

In any case, I didn't read anything in that report that would make me think any less of John Kerry.

La Flames Fan
08-05-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Displaced Flames fan@Aug 5 2004, 04:46 PM

In any case, I didn't read anything in that report that would make me think any less of John Kerry.
Matt Drudge is the one who basically broke the Monica Lewinsky scandal....He is a staunch supporter of the right and reaches a mass audience with his website and radio show....He's along the lines of Rush and Hannity, but to a lesser degree....

Displaced Flames fan
08-05-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by fotze+Aug 5 2004, 04:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fotze @ Aug 5 2004, 04:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Displaced Flames fan@Aug 5 2004, 10:46 AM

Unfortunately he isn't a nobody. [/b][/quote]
He isn't? Can you explain to me why in the middle of the heart of the conservative states he's nowhere to be found on the radio or TV?

We've got Rush, Hannity, Savage, Boortz, Bruce etc, etc, etc,....no Matt Drudge.

Displaced Flames fan
08-05-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by La Flames Fan+Aug 5 2004, 04:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (La Flames Fan @ Aug 5 2004, 04:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Displaced Flames fan@Aug 5 2004, 04:46 PM

Matt Drudge is the one who basically broke the Monica Lewinsky scandal....He is a staunch supporter of the right and reaches a mass audience with his website and radio show....He's along the lines of Rush and Hannity, but to a lesser degree.... [/b][/quote]
Well, the Lewinsky thing needed to be broken did it not?

In any case, the quotes are all from a book that has been published so I don't think Matt Drudge should be the object of your scrutiny here do you?

Cowperson
08-05-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by fotze+Aug 5 2004, 04:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fotze @ Aug 5 2004, 04:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Displaced Flames fan@Aug 5 2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by fotze@Aug 5 2004, 04:47 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Displaced Flames fan@Aug 5 2004, 10:46 AM
I'm not familiar with Matt Drudge.# He must be a nobody.

Unfortunately he isn't a nobody.
He isn't? Can you explain to me why in the middle of the heart of the conservative states he's nowhere to be found on the radio or TV?

We've got Rush, Hannity, Savage, Boortz, Bruce etc, etc, etc,....no Matt Drudge.
I think he is more internet than anything else. I hope you have that there. :lol:

I have heard his site is pretty bloody popular.

VISITS TO DRUDGE 8/05/04

09,391,398 IN PAST 24 HOURS
227,455,849 IN PAST 31 DAYS
2,637,700,962 IN PAST YEAR

Mind you internet stats are kind of shady. [/b][/quote]
I think Matt Drudge is an equal opportunity insulter, simply delighting in digging up the garbage laid by anyone.

But, as Displaced noted, its the book we're talking about, a picture of the cover on the link that was pasted above. Looks like Drudge is on solid ground in saying this book is coming out and what it contains.

Now . . . . is the content of the book relevant?

Cowperson

Displaced Flames fan
08-05-2004, 10:58 AM
Thanks to Al Gore, we do have the internet!

I think the former soldiers who make these allegations are poor excuses for soldiers themselves. Nothing in that report was horrid enough that one soldier should turn on another. I'd imagine each of these guys have similar events to their credit somewhere along the way.

Five-hole
08-05-2004, 11:18 AM
Well, if you want to talk about military service records, would you rather vote for a guy who did his duty and possibly saved his compatriots lives, or for someone who went AWOL for over a year?

Displaced Flames fan
08-05-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Five-hole@Aug 5 2004, 05:18 PM
Well, if you want to talk about military service records, would you rather vote for a guy who did his duty and possibly saved his compatriots lives, or for someone who went AWOL for over a year?
You have no proof of that and neither does anyone else.

Equally as stupid an issue to bring up as the one that started this thread.

Clarkey
08-05-2004, 11:27 AM
Is killing a guy who was ready to blow you up with a grenade launcher worthy of a bravery medal?

I don't know.

I think all soldiers who fought in Viet Nam must of had to be pretty brave. I was kind of disappointed when I read how he got his medal, to me it seems like this would have been just a regular occurance of war.

Displaced Flames fan
08-05-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Clarkey@Aug 5 2004, 05:27 PM
Is killing a guy who was ready to blow you up with a grenade launcher worthy of a bravery medal?

I don't know.

I think all soldiers who fought in Viet Nam must of had to be pretty brave. I was kind of disappointed when I read how he got his medal, to me it seems like this would have been just a regular occurance of war.
That's not what he got the medal for, but I see your point. The medal was awarded for leading an outnumbered offensive.

Five-hole
08-05-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Displaced Flames fan+Aug 5 2004, 10:27 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Displaced Flames fan @ Aug 5 2004, 10:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Five-hole@Aug 5 2004, 05:18 PM

Equally as stupid an issue to bring up as the one that started this thread. [/b][/quote]
That was essentially my point. Why would the right bring this up when they have a similar issue hanging over their heads, which -- if true -- is far more damning than this.

Displaced Flames fan
08-05-2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Five-hole+Aug 5 2004, 05:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Five-hole @ Aug 5 2004, 05:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Originally posted by Displaced Flames fan@Aug 5 2004, 10:27 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Five-hole@Aug 5 2004, 05:18 PM

Equally as stupid an issue to bring up as the one that started this thread.
That was essentially my point. Why would the right bring this up when they have a similar issue hanging over their heads, which -- if true -- is far more damning than this. [/b][/quote]
The 'right' didn't bring it up. Soldiers who served with Kerry did. To their shame IMO.

Lanny_MacDonald
08-05-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Displaced Flames fan@Aug 5 2004, 04:58 PM
Thanks to Al Gore, we do have the internet!

A nice right wing creation based on a bad misquote. I can't remember who he said it to, during what interview, but he did not say that "he invented the internet". Al Gore stated that he chaired the committee that was responsible for the developments that turned Arpanet into the tool that we consider the internet today. He never took credit for anything other than chairing a committee overseeing developments of a communication media. The right wing whackos (I believe it was Gingrich and Limbaugh that were responsible for getting this ball rolling) twisted the quote and made something out it that it was not. The real interesting thing about this, is that Gore never stood up for himself and defended what he really said. He allowed the loud mouth right wingers to team him to shreads over a mistake that THEY made.

This is the most interesting thing about American politics that just fascinates me. The Republicans paint themselves as this holy order bent on protecting all that is good in America, and paint the Democrats as a bunch of communists bent on destroying America. The funny thing is that Republicans are an aggressive animal that will jump on a weakness and lie through their teeth to blow a small fault into a huge one. They play dirty politics and play it well. The Democrats are goodie goodies who don't have a clue how to play dirty and when they try end up shooting themselves in the foot. Both parties have some good people and some great ideas. If they could get past the partisan bullsh*t they could return America to the head of the class. As it sits both parties are responsible for America sitting in the cirner wearing a dunce hat for the world to laugh at (although the Republicans have the original dunce leading the party and responsible for much of the hate that is directed at the US). As an interested impartial observer I think the whole process is fascinating. Broken, but fascinating all the same.

CaptainCrunch
08-05-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Five-hole@Aug 5 2004, 05:18 PM
Or vote for a president that went out of his way to avoid any type of service what so ever

*cough* Clinton *cough*

Displaced Flames fan
08-05-2004, 04:55 PM
Wow, Al Gore inventing the internet is a quote used only in a comedic sense as far as I know. It wasn't being used to rip Al Gore. Why do I need to rip Al Gore. Al Gore is about as irrelevant as you are in American Politics.

Impressive that you came up with 2 paragraphs to condemn me for essentially laughing at something Gore has laughed at himself about.

Mean Mr. Mustard
08-05-2004, 04:59 PM
With regards to Clinton isn't the Vietnam Police Action/War a bad example when one is to think of how patriotic an individual is and whatnot.
________
DENTAL INSURANCE FORUM (http://www.insurance-forums.org/dental-insurance/)

Cowperson
08-05-2004, 05:00 PM
An update: This is getting uglier by the minute.

Apparently this accusation is in the form of a political television advertisement as well and released today.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/08/05/...rans/index.html (http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/08/05/kerry.veterans/index.html)

This afternoon, Senator John McCain, Republican, who spent a lot of years in a Vietnamese prison after being shot down, called on President Bush to denouce the attack ad. McCain called it "dishonest and dishonourable."

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/08/05/...n.ap/index.html (http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/08/05/kerry.mccain.ap/index.html)

Cowperson

Displaced Flames fan
08-05-2004, 05:02 PM
Further to what Cow said, President Bush has said today that these type of ads shouldn't be allowed and called for Kerry to join him in fighting to eliminate independent ads for Presidential campaigns. I agree wholeheartedly.

edited to add: What I wrote above can be verified at the bottom of Cow's first link.

CaptainCrunch
08-05-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Mean Mr. Mustard@Aug 5 2004, 10:59 PM
With regards to Clinton isn't the Vietnam Police Action/War a bad example when one is to think of how patriotic an individual is and whatnot.
Not in my mind

yes it might have been a poorly fought or unjust war. But when his country called Clinton was nowhere to be found.

If people are going to examine Bush's military record, and Kerry's military record, then Clinton should undergo some scrutiny as well.

The Democrats are not all lilly white and innocent on this.

Cowperson
08-05-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by fotze@Aug 5 2004, 11:07 PM
I don't understand why war/military record is such an vital issue in these elections. Would anyone want the drill instructor from Full Metal Jacket to be President?
Different things are different motivators in different countries.

In Canada, a guy who puts God as far out in front as Bush does would be toast - Stockwell Day. A military record is interesting but not particularly relevant.

In the USA, I would say greater weight is placed on military service - definitely a plus - and having God somewhere on your platform is almost a necessity.

Cowperson

Mean Mr. Mustard
08-05-2004, 05:32 PM
Does refusing to fight in an unjust war (or what now appears to be an unjust war) make him any less of a president, and by that same token does having him being a war hero make him any more of a president. I think that Clinton did a pretty good job, even if he didn't fight in Vietnam. If he did fight in Vietnam would it have made him a better president, unlikely.
________
Buy vaporizers (http://vaporizers.net/)

Lanny_MacDonald
08-05-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Displaced Flames fan@Aug 5 2004, 10:55 PM
Impressive that you came up with 2 paragraphs to condemn me for essentially laughing at something Gore has laughed at himself about.
Who was ripping you Dis? I was actually pointing out that the Republicans, making a real generalization here btw, are a bunch of liers that will jump on the slightest slip up and blow it way out of proportion. Now unless you are one of those right wing wackos that I am refering to, I have no idea how you took this as a slam. I was just making a point about the way the election is going and how this falls right in line with the Republican electorial machine. A little over-sensitive Dis?

Lanny_MacDonald
08-05-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Mean Mr. Mustard@Aug 5 2004, 11:32 PM
Does refusing to fight in an unjust war (or what now appears to be an unjust war) make him any less of a president, and by that same token does having him being a war hero make him any more of a president. I think that Clinton did a pretty good job, even if he didn't fight in Vietnam. If he did fight in Vietnam would it have made him a better president, unlikely.
To add to that, I think it takes a lot more balls to be a conscientous objector than it does to get into the National Guard and then have daddy pull strings to keep you out of action. Clinton got run over for his military record, maybe Bush should as well?

I agree with what Cow was saying about religion and military service. Its really interesting how those things play out down here. In Canada, Bush would be done for pushing his religious beliefs out front AND for having his father keep his butt out of the war. Down here Bush gets supported for each. Its really strange IMO.

sbailey924
08-05-2004, 06:23 PM
Politics in America has almost always been more about the characters instead of the issues. Politicians used to have gun duels. Tennessee's own Andrew Jackson probably wouldn't have been elected if it weren't for his "Indian Fightin'." The overstressing of spirituality/military experience/charisma is really quite funny to me in a dark way. Here in the Bible Belt it seems like the stereotypes are almost entirely true about how petty things determine a person's vote.

From what I understand, Bush's campaign hasn't told he veterans' group to stop the ad. I think that would go a lot further thant simply saying "we don't need these ads." That might also set the tone for liberal organizations like MoveOn to keep from being dirty. I find it funny how politicians on both sides always say puiblicly "I'm not going to run a negative campaign"," and then brutal attack ads follow, and they aren't asked about the m being negative. To that, I think the line, cheesiness aside, "I'm __, and I approve this message" has helped a lot.

CaptainCrunch
08-05-2004, 06:31 PM
To add to that, I think it takes a lot more balls to be a conscientous objector than it does to get into the National Guard and then have daddy pull strings to keep you out of action. Clinton got run over for his military record, maybe Bush should as well?

No it takes balls to actual go over your objections, do your part and make a change based on your experiences. I guess I have problems with a conscientous objector in this day and age when the military is a volunteer army. However even in the Vietnam era if you were in the Military you could apply for Conscientous objector status and either receive a dishonerable discharge, or a transfer to another profession within the Military. I have a lot of trouble with the draft dodgers that fled up to Canada. Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.

On the Clinton one he attempted to dodge the draft by joining a ROTC program, and waited until the draft became a lottery. There aren't any real differences between what Clinton did and what Bush did. I have very little respect for either man. And like I said before it comes across as a little hypocritical that the Democrats go after Bush's record when one of thier modern day Icon's did the same thing.

I have no trouble with Kerry's military record and what he did to earn it. At least he had the balls to go over to Vietnam and do his part and witness things first hand before he became an anti-war protestor.

I agree with what Cow was saying about religion and military service. Its really interesting how those things play out down here. In Canada, Bush would be done for pushing his religious beliefs out front AND for having his father keep his butt out of the war. Down here Bush gets supported for each. Its really strange IMO.

I don't care much about a politician's religious affiliations or feelings. It has no impact on my voting decision. However I think that the only people that should be allowed to be named to the Minister and Deputy Minister of defense should have a military service record. People like Bill Graham should be stuck in a ministry of inefectual foreign policy position.

kipperfan
08-05-2004, 06:58 PM
Man its funny how a story can change so radically once the Republican propaganda machine takes it in, and then SPITS it back out isnt it??????

Lanny_MacDonald
08-05-2004, 07:42 PM
Two words. Karl Rove. The guy is the worst kind of slime ball imaginable and is not afraid to smear anyone. His "phone poll" scams have become legendary. Its going to be interesting to see what he has up his sleeve as this race tightens. I think this is the first salvo in this battle from the USS Rove, and I think he's loaded with weapons he's dying to unleash. I pity Kerry. He's likely going to be just like Dukakis when this is all done.

Ktulu
08-05-2004, 08:07 PM
A nice right wing creation based on a bad misquote. I can't remember who he said it to, during what interview, but he did not say that "he invented the internet". Al Gore stated that he chaired the committee that was responsible for the developments that turned Arpanet into the tool that we consider the internet today. He never took credit for anything other than chairing a committee overseeing developments of a communication media. The right wing whackos (I believe it was Gingrich and Limbaugh that were responsible for getting this ball rolling) twisted the quote and made something out it that it was not. The real interesting thing about this, is that Gore never stood up for himself and defended what he really said. He allowed the loud mouth right wingers to team him to shreads over a mistake that THEY made.

The exact quote was "I took the initiative in creating the Internet."

Kinda flies in the face of all the tripe you just wrote down. Gore OFTEN promoted himself as a leader in the creation of the internet. He may not have said "I invented it" but your sugar coated version is off the mark.

This is the most interesting thing about American politics that just fascinates me. The Republicans paint themselves as this holy order bent on protecting all that is good in America, and paint the Democrats as a bunch of communists bent on destroying America. The funny thing is that Republicans are an aggressive animal that will jump on a weakness and lie through their teeth to blow a small fault into a huge one. They play dirty politics and play it well. The Democrats are goodie goodies who don't have a clue how to play dirty and when they try end up shooting themselves in the foot. Both parties have some good people and some great ideas. If they could get past the partisan bullsh*t they could return America to the head of the class. As it sits both parties are responsible for America sitting in the cirner wearing a dunce hat for the world to laugh at (although the Republicans have the original dunce leading the party and responsible for much of the hate that is directed at the US). As an interested impartial observer I think the whole process is fascinating. Broken, but fascinating all the same.

An, "aggressive animal that will jump on a weakness and lie through their teeth to blow a small fault into a huge one"? Oh brother. Your ultra left-wing bias is getting really annoying. Is possible for you be objective at all?

The left plays just as dirty as the right. They slander every Republican president as an idiot, where do you think that talking point comes from? Nixon, Reagan, Bush 1, Bush 2 were all attacked on intellegence. Whether you strongly believe one or two of them to be idiots it is unlikely ALL were/are.

Or how about:

Leaking a 24 year old sealed DUI case days before the 2000 election?

The Democratic parties sweetheart, the NAACP tying Bush to the dragging death of James Byrd Jr?

Continually saying "Bush lied", only to be thoroughly repudiated by both British and CIA intelligence? Intelligence upon which Kerry voted to support the Iraq war.

Continually trashing Bush's Guard service?

If you lean left thats fine but get your head out of the sand. Politics is politics. One side isn't a vicious animal while the other is a bunch of saints.

Ktulu
08-05-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Lanny_MacDonald@Aug 6 2004, 01:42 AM
Two words. Karl Rove. The guy is the worst kind of slime ball imaginable and is not afraid to smear anyone. His "phone poll" scams have become legendary. Its going to be interesting to see what he has up his sleeve as this race tightens. I think this is the first salvo in this battle from the USS Rove, and I think he's loaded with weapons he's dying to unleash. I pity Kerry. He's likely going to be just like Dukakis when this is all done.
What do you think about Begala and Carville Mr. Righteous. You know, the Clinton cronies who handled the "bimbo eruption" of numerous women who came forward accussing Clinton of sexual abuse or misconduct. They weren't all Paula Jones types you know but these two men made it their job to smear and discredit these women. And justice for all? These women were called trailer trash and laughed at everywhere. Linda trip was ridiculed cuz she is not very good looking and later recieved countless death threats.

Oh the left...so innocent.

kipperfan
08-05-2004, 08:24 PM
The lefties and Democrats may be no Saints, but the Republican party for the most part, IS a vicoius animal, that will do anything to silence and role over anything that is not christian, and not too the far right of centre.

To the last poster, trying to compare the wonderful little story that intiated this thread, and Bush's DUI is outragous. Personally I dont car if it was sealed, citizens of a country should be able to know what their president has done, and what he is capable of.

How that, can be compared to the Republicans completly twisting this story so bad it doent even reveal the truth any longer is beyond me. John Kerry is a war hero, George Bush is a draft dodger, the Republicans arent stupid, they know how the American people see this, so they do everything in their power to slander Kerry's achievments.

Its kind of humorous that the same guy who intiated the largest American military campaign in the past 25 years is the same guy who joined the national guard to avoid the vietnam war, and then ditched the guard, went AWOL, then........ sniffed some coke.......nice president.

Ktulu
08-05-2004, 08:32 PM
To the last poster, trying to compare the wonderful little story that intiated this thread, and Bush's DUI is outragous. Personally I dont car if it was sealed, citizens of a country should be able to know what their president has done, and what he is capable of.

Oh so we should have access to legally sealed documents but bringing up Kerry's actions in Vietnam is underhanded and dirty. Makes alot of sense. I mean you just said you wanted to know what the President is capable of didn't you?

Well if you are so interested in Bush being capable of drinking and driving 24 years ago than you think you might wanna know if Kerry shot a fleeing teenager.

Besides I don't care what you think is outrageous becuase I never compared the two did I? I was responding to the comments made inferring only Replubicans used dirty political tricks.

Personally I dont car if it was sealed

Yeah, who cares. Lets just throw out the rule of law while were at it.

kipperfan
08-05-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Ktulu@Aug 6 2004, 02:32 AM

Oh so we should have access to legally sealed documents but bringing up Kerry's actions in Vietnam are underhanded and dirty. Makes alot of sense. I mean you just said you wanted to know what the President is capable of didn't you?

Well if you are so interested in Bush being capable of drinking and driving 24 years ago than you think you might wanna know if Kerry shot a fleeing teenager.

Besides I don't care what you think is outrageous becuase I never compared the two did I? I was responding to the comments made inferring only Replubicans used dirty political tricks.
Show me anything that says he was fleeing, more like he was running up with 3 F-ing grenades ready to bomb the sh** out of the entire brigade.

Use your brains Republicans, I know CNN has tought you not to, but you can do it.

And last poster.............it isnt dirty or underhanded at all to bring Kerry's military history up, it only starts to get dirty when you change the facts, and write stories and make reports that ARE NOT substaintiated by any facts.

AND IF YOU DISAGREE, SHOW ME FACTS TO PROVE ME WRONG

kipperfan
08-05-2004, 08:50 PM
As soon as the word FACTS comes out Republicans run for the hills.

Facts are like cryptonight to Republicans, secret weapon, the dont know em, dont like em, and dont report em.

But propaganda........................ahhhhhhhhh now we are home home.

Cowperson
08-05-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by kipperfan@Aug 6 2004, 02:42 AM

Use your brains Republicans, I know CNN has tought you not to, but you can do it.

Last I looked, Republicans THINK CNN is out to get them.

Left wing liberal media and all that.

Continue with your argument.

Cowperson

Lanny_MacDonald
08-05-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Ktulu@Aug 6 2004, 02:07 AM

Your ultra left-wing bias is getting really annoying.
Ultra-left wing? Wow, that's a first. I'm considered extremely right wing by people that know me. Just because I feel that the Bush administration is corrupt does not make me left wing. Just means that I don't toe the "party line". And I just don't think that anyone compares to Karl Rove when it comes to playing dirty politics. The Democrats just aren't on the same level. No, they are no angels, but they sure aren't as "skilled" as their Repulican counterparts. I guess I, as an ultra-left winger, should ask you, the ultra intelligent right winger, how would George Bush be good for the United States over the next four years? Please fill us in with your "jewels of right wing brilliance" (nee what ever Ann Coulter has to say on a topic).

Lanny_MacDonald
08-05-2004, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Cowperson@Aug 6 2004, 03:08 AM
Last I looked, Republicans THINK CNN is out to get them.

Left wing liberal media and all that.

Yeah, but they do have FoxNews on their side. That more than balances out the liberial bias that CNN, CBS, ABC and "everyone else" has.

:D

moon
08-05-2004, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by kipperfan@Aug 6 2004, 02:50 AM

Facts are like cryptonight to Republicans, secret weapon, the dont know em, dont like em, and dont report em.

This is such an incredibly stupid, arrogant and wrong statement that it doesn't even merit a response.

Way to overgeneralize and show why people don't like Democrats as they tend to act all high and mighty while slandering the republicans for doing the exact same thing.

Anyone who thinks that the only party that plays dirty is the Republicans and that the Democrats take the "high road" is crazy enough to believe the moronic platform of the Democrats.

Ktulu
08-05-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by kipperfan+Aug 6 2004, 02:42 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kipperfan @ Aug 6 2004, 02:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ktulu@Aug 6 2004, 02:32 AM

Oh so we should have access to legally sealed documents but bringing up Kerry's actions in Vietnam are underhanded and dirty. Makes alot of sense. I mean you just said you wanted to know what the President is capable of didn't you?

Show me anything that says he was fleeing, more like he was running up with 3 F-ing grenades ready to bomb the sh** out of the entire brigade.

And last poster.............it isnt dirty or underhanded at all to bring Kerry's military history up, it only starts to get dirty when you change the facts, and write stories and make reports that ARE NOT substaintiated by any facts.

AND IF YOU DISAGREE, SHOW ME FACTS TO PROVE ME WRONG [/b][/quote]
Good God all mighty...you are trying to grill me about facts? After this ridiculous leap:

"more like he was running up with 3 F-ing grenades ready to bomb the sh** out of the entire brigade."

Sorry kipperfan but you are not worth waisting my time on. Go read the link....I can only comment on what is written there and I never said Kerry did or didn't do what was said. What facts do you want from me exactly? I actually wasn't in Vietnam...too young.

Anyway, start here: (From the article)

O'Neill continues: "Kerry's boat moved slightly downstream and was struck by a rocket-propelled grenade. . . .A young Viet Cong in a loincloth popped out of a hole, clutching a grenade launcher, which may or may not have been loaded. . . Tom Belodeau, a forward gunner, shot the Viet Cong with an M-60 machine gun in the leg as he fled. . . . Kerry and Medeiros (who had many troops in their boat) took off, perhaps with others, and followed the young Viet Cong and shot him in the back, behind a lean to."

Ktulu
08-05-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Lanny_MacDonald+Aug 6 2004, 03:44 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lanny_MacDonald @ Aug 6 2004, 03:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ktulu@Aug 6 2004, 02:07 AM

Your ultra left-wing bias is getting really annoying.
Ultra-left wing? Wow, that's a first. I'm considered extremely right wing by people that know me. Just because I feel that the Bush administration is corrupt does not make me left wing. Just means that I don't toe the "party line". And I just don't think that anyone compares to Karl Rove when it comes to playing dirty politics. The Democrats just aren't on the same level. No, they are no angels, but they sure aren't as "skilled" as their Repulican counterparts. I guess I, as an ultra-left winger, should ask you, the ultra intelligent right winger, how would George Bush be good for the United States over the next four years? Please fill us in with your "jewels of right wing brilliance" (nee what ever Ann Coulter has to say on a topic). [/b][/quote]
On what planet would someone think that your were "extremely right wing?" Did you even write that with a straight face...cuz I doubt even you believe that.

The "extremely right wing" label is usually reserved for insanely devout Christians who want to rid the world of homosexuals and form their own militias and whatever other nonesense the left paints them as. Hell, I am pretty right of the spectrum and I would never be mistaken as "extremely right wing."

you, the ultra intelligent right winger

Thanks, I thought you might resent me after I took you to task.

Anyway, I am not American so I don't want to speak for them too much but I think there are MANY reasons why four more years of Bush would be good for the U.S., starting with his leadership and resolve in the war on Islamic extremists, (and the other .0001% of the zealots one could possibly accuse of being terrorists). Certainly, Bush would be better than Kerry, if you are the "lesser of the two evils" type.

And I like Anne Coulter...probably doesn't surprise you tho.

Displaced Flames fan
08-06-2004, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by Lanny_MacDonald+Aug 5 2004, 11:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lanny_MacDonald @ Aug 5 2004, 11:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Displaced Flames fan@Aug 5 2004, 10:55 PM
Who was ripping you Dis? I was actually pointing out that the Republicans, making a real generalization here btw, are a bunch of liers that will jump on the slightest slip up and blow it way out of proportion. Now unless you are one of those right wing wackos that I am refering to, I have no idea how you took this as a slam. I was just making a point about the way the election is going and how this falls right in line with the Republican electorial machine. A little over-sensitive Dis? [/b][/quote]
What does the Al Gore inventing the internet hilarity have to do with this campaign? I don't see the connection. As a result, I was left to assume you were ripping me and lumping me into the group of conservative dirty tacticians who relentlessly and without remorse lie to attack the character of the angellic democrats.

If you truly believe what you wrote....that Democrats are not capable of the same dirty campaign tactics as the Republicans you are either extremely naive or an insufferable homer (Kerry supporter in this case). The Dems have had a character assassination campaign going against Bush since the day he took office. Both sides practice this type of crap and both do it very well.

Displaced Flames fan
08-06-2004, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by kipperfan@Aug 6 2004, 12:58 AM
Man its funny how a story can change so radically once the Republican propaganda machine takes it in, and then SPITS it back out isnt it??????
Huh?

Displaced Flames fan
08-06-2004, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by Lanny_MacDonald@Aug 6 2004, 01:42 AM
LMAO.

You have just gone off the deep end.

Karl Rove....character assassin extraordinaire!! The Dems don't have one of their own, they're incapable of these dirty games.:rolleyes:

BTW....Kerry has been just like Dukakis all along.

sbailey924
08-06-2004, 08:11 AM
Kerry won't be like Dukakis. He will win.

Four more years of Bush will not be good for our country. I don't see how you can call yourself a "war president" one day, then all of a sudden say you're going to be a "peace president," (by the way, Bush is as much of a flip-flopper as he calls Kerry...i.e. reason for war, 9/11 Commission suggestions, importance of bin Laden.) It's really quite odd how polarized America has become since the end of 2001. Back then, VERY few people cared about partisan politics at all. How any person can go from the support that they would have had after an atrocity like that to the support now is mind boggling.

The way I look at it is that Bush barely squeaked by last time. How have the last four years gone? Not so good. Will the marginal differences in votes change in one or two key states? Probably.

As far as "dirty" politics, I almost think the Dems are better at it, because their attacks aren't nearly as glaring as the Republicans. It makes them look innocent at times, while the Republicans rarely try to hide their attacks.

Cowperson
08-06-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by sbailey924@Aug 6 2004, 02:11 PM
It's really quite odd how polarized America has become since the end of 2001. Back then, VERY few people cared about partisan politics at all. How any person can go from the support that they would have had after an atrocity like that to the support now is mind boggling.

George Bush Sr. was at 73% approval ratings after Gulf War I but was out of office a year and a half later. The economy did him in.

George Bush Jr. was at 82% in the weeks after 9/11. This looks like it will be a pretty close election.

Americans tend to gravitate in support of their institutions in time of conflict.

Cowperson

Bring_Back_Shantz
08-06-2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by moon+Aug 5 2004, 10:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (moon @ Aug 5 2004, 10:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kipperfan@Aug 6 2004, 02:50 AM

This is such an incredibly stupid, arrogant and wrong statement that it doesn't even merit a response.

Way to overgeneralize and show why people don't like Democrats as they tend to act all high and mighty while slandering the republicans for doing the exact same thing.

Anyone who thinks that the only party that plays dirty is the Republicans and that the Democrats take the "high road" is crazy enough to believe the moronic platform of the Democrats. [/b][/quote]
Hmmmm.....looks like a response to me. :blink:

Looger
08-06-2004, 11:15 AM
the mud-slinging has a long way to go.

if the republicans drop clips of kerry at anti-war protests, the democrats will counter with that clip of rumsfeld shaking saddam hussein's hand in 1983.

this will be the ugliest campaign ever, make no mistake.

Displaced Flames fan
08-06-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Looger@Aug 6 2004, 05:15 PM
the mud-slinging has a long way to go.

if the republicans drop clips of kerry at anti-war protests, the democrats will counter with that clip of rumsfeld shaking saddam hussein's hand in 1983.

this will be the ugliest campaign ever, make no mistake.
and the sad thing is that both are completely irrelevant.

Looger
08-07-2004, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by Displaced Flames fan@Aug 6 2004, 10:08 PM
and the sad thing is that both are completely irrelevant.
context is everything, isn't it...?