PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy NFL tickets?

rubecube
08-02-2007, 03:29 PM
I know a few CPers like to hit up an NFL game every year and I am in need of some advice. My plan is to head to New Orleans in December to catch the Saints/Eagles game for my 21st birthday. Just wondering where you guys typically buy your tickets.

burn_baby_burn
08-02-2007, 03:41 PM
My first try would be Ticket Master. But I am assuming that the tickets for that game could be sold out. Then I would try Stubhub or some other form of online ticket vender. It may be expensive. But hey, you don't go to an NFL game every day.

I'm kind of lucky when I head to Arrowhead. I have relatives in KC. They get the tickets, pick me up at the airport, put me up at their house. Pretty sweet.

How come your catching a game in NO (besides the obvious)?. For an Eagles fan, Philly would be the place to go.

rubecube
08-02-2007, 03:45 PM
How come your catching a game in NO (besides the obvious)?. For an Eagles fan, Philly would be the place to go.

Because Philly is not exactly tropical in December and I'm not going to be 21 until December 21st.

rubecube
08-02-2007, 03:54 PM
On a side note, it also looks like I'll be attending the New Orleans Bowl (NCAA) on my actual birthday!

Drunk Skunk
08-02-2007, 04:00 PM
I second StubHub. That's where I've gotten my Packers tickets in the past.

Flames in 07
08-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Stubhub is decent (but expensive), check out the saints site because they have a ticket exchange program there.

As for the bowl, don't pre buy your tickets there will be a million of them to be had at half price wherever scalpers hang out there, probably in the parking lot.

I do 2 or 3 bowls a year and if there is one thing that is consistant is that the lower bowls have a fire sale on tickets during the days leading up to the game.

BTW in NO, don't stay near the stadium it's just highways all over the place, you'll have to bus in anyway, find something close to the base of Bourbon streat, much more important to have walking distance to bourbon than the stadium.

rubecube
08-02-2007, 05:44 PM
BTW in NO, don't stay near the stadium it's just highways all over the place, you'll have to bus in anyway, find something close to the base of Bourbon streat, much more important to have walking distance to bourbon than the stadium.

Yeah, I'm making an executive decision and we're staying in the Sheraton right off of Bourbon St.

HOOT
08-02-2007, 07:36 PM
I find stubhub to be a little bit more expensive than places like eBay but with Stubhub you will not be ripped off.

KTown
08-04-2007, 12:46 PM
I'm most likely heading down for the Dolphins and Bengals on December 31st, New Years in Miami just sounds good!

Flames in 07
08-04-2007, 02:37 PM
I'm most likely heading down for the Dolphins and Bengals on December 31st, New Years in Miami just sounds good!

I think that would be the 30th. Will be at the Cards Rams game that day, New year's in the south can't be beat.

mykalberta
08-07-2007, 12:49 PM
Depends what is your price range, if you in the <100/ticket I have a few sites I can reccomend. Same type of site that gets Celebs in the ACC for Leafs/Raptors games.

MYK

rubecube
08-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Awesome. Check your PMs.

SportsJunky
08-09-2007, 12:06 PM
StubHub is my recommendation also. We just picked up 4 tics for Da Bears v Seahawks.

ken0042
08-16-2007, 08:00 AM
I have a question for those of you living in Canada who have bought tickets via Ticketmaster. It says on the TM page:

Your tickets will be mailed to your billing address and delivered no later than 48 hours before the event in a plain unmarked white envelope.

Does anybody recall how much before the game you received your tickets? Because we plan on leaving for the States several days before the game.

burn_baby_burn
08-16-2007, 08:03 AM
You should get your tickets immediately. I'm sure the 48 hour thing is part of the disclaimer for every purchase. Call if your uncertain. Also isn't there a Ticket Fast or Will Call option?

ken0042
08-16-2007, 09:36 AM
I could use Will call, but last time we went to a Seahawks game (in 2002) when US customs asked why we were going to the States, after we told them it was a football game they asked to see our tickets.

And ticketfast is only available if the purchaser is in the same country as the event.

habernac
08-16-2007, 09:38 AM
I have a question for those of you living in Canada who have bought tickets via Ticketmaster. It says on the TM page:

Your tickets will be mailed to your billing address and delivered no later than 48 hours before the event in a plain unmarked white envelope.

Does anybody recall how much before the game you received your tickets? Because we plan on leaving for the States several days before the game.

I bought my Mariners tickets and had them mailed, I had the tickets weeks before the game, no problem.

I_H8_Crawford
08-16-2007, 09:48 AM
I've used stubhub and havent had any problems.
Red Sox tickets, Raiders, Niners, and this year already have my Colts and Bengals tickets ready to go. :)

rubecube
08-16-2007, 10:28 AM
I'm still waiting on MYK to get back to me....eagerly. Maybe if I PM him a stash of nude Jessica Alba photos?

ZDogg
08-16-2007, 10:36 AM
Bought some Colts at Texans tickets on ebay last year. They were at least $30/ticket below face value and several other pairs were selling for less than face value. I'm guessing the availability and price would depend on the location and opponent. Also, I suppose you don't want to wait until the last week or two before the game to pick up a pair but ebay is usually a viable option.

burn_baby_burn
08-16-2007, 10:45 AM
I could use Will call, but last time we went to a Seahawks game (in 2002) when US customs asked why we were going to the States, after we told them it was a football game they asked to see our tickets.

And ticketfast is only available if the purchaser is in the same country as the event.

Customs will try to screw with you to see if your lying or being evasive. If you quickly respond that your tickets are at will call, you should be fine. I have been to a few Mariners, Seahawks games. Clearing customs at the Calgary airport or at Abottsford. Never had the tickets on me. Never had a problem crossing.

Flames in 07
08-16-2007, 07:56 PM

I've used willcall about 15 times and am always fine. As well if you use will call you should have some kind of receipt you can produce for the customs guy.